Bright End of Nowhere pt 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edge's girl

Acrobat
disclaimer: fiction

Edge spent the next couple weeks talking on and off with Vik. She was often on her own which she explained by saying she’d seen enough of what alcohol could do growing up that she never wanted anything to do with it. That meant that she wouldn’t be around any parties involving alcohol and if she was in the hotel bar she’d just drink coke.

For his part Edge found that it was easier for him to be around his band mates now because he wasn’t constantly feeling so down on himself. Though Bono still had the habit of asking him how he was every day, which was getting more and more annoying.

Walking in for sound check Edge glanced up to see Vik suspended fifty feet in the air while she worked checking all the connections for the screens. He wondered if she actually liked being that high in the air with nothing under her, after all not all of the technicians did that job.

“What are you looking at?” Bono asked walking up behind him.

Edge jumped. “Nothing really.”

Bono frowned after Edge before looking back up to were Vik was and resolved to have a word with the technician later.

Vik dropped to the ground and turned around to see Bono standing practically on top of her and took an involuntary step backwards. “Yes?”

“What’s going on between you and Edge?”

Vik stared at him in shock. “Nothing. I don’t even know what would have given you that idea.”

“You just seem to be getting very chummy with him, that’s all.”

Vik bristled at the accusation in his tone. “Listen you, maybe you think that every girl you talk to is going to throw themselves at you begging to be fucked but not everyone’s like that. Yes I’ve talked to him but that’s because he’s a nice guy and easy to get along with, unlike some people.”

Bono’s eyes narrowed. “Glad to see that you have such an outstanding opinion of me.”

“I can only comment on what I see.”

“Just stay away from Edge.”

“And who are you to order me around?”

“I’m a concerned friend who doesn’t want to see him get hurt anymore.”

Vik snorted. “You don’t even have a clue.”

“And you do.”

“Yes, actually. Because I’ve bothered to talk to him instead of just babying him.”

“So enlighten me then.”

“I think that would be up to Edge.”

“You really don’t know anything.”

“Yes I do, but unlike you I respect that fact that people don’t always want everyone to know everything.”

Bono took a step towards her just as Larry walked in.

“What is going on here?”

“You’re buddy here, is trying to throw the weight of his ego around.”

Larry glared at Bono. “I don’t know what you said, but you sure as hell better apologise.”

“Don’t worry about it. Apologies should only be made if they’re meant.” With that Vik spun around and stalked off.

that's it for now. fingers crossed i'll have the next part up later tonight.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom