BREAKING: Shooting and Explosions in Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please tell me they're not still out there waiting for GA or something? Hopefully people are communicating this to them on whatever group Facebook thing people may be on.

No I don't think they've even arrived yet. I know Mark baker and my friend Alfredo are en route. They won't be able to even get there since everything is shut down. Honestly I would just turn around and go home at this point but that's just me.

We might be thinking about it, but any comments wondering about what will happen to the HBO broadcast at this time will be seen as crass and insensitive.

There's nothing to think about, it's simply not going to happen tomorrow.

I just read about how many people were killed at that EoDM concert, roughly 100. My God, what a horrible situation, absolutely heartbreaking.

I don't think anyone really cares about the shows or HBO at this point.

Agreed.

I would like to suggest, however, that whenever the next Paris show takes place the Eagles of Death Metal would make for some wonderful E-stage guests.

Apparently there was a gathering by fansite U2Achtung not that far from where some of the attacks took place? Very pleased to hear those fans and others/band/crew in Paris are OK. The tweets, reports, images coming from the Bataclan are horrifying.

Unfortunately, last I saw the manager of the Eagles of Death Metal was still trying to verify if they were OK. What an absolute disaster. How many of us have been in a theater like the Bataclan to enjoy music? I feel so sick for everyone in Paris right now.

No I don't think they've even arrived yet. I know Mark baker and my friend Alfredo are en route. They won't be able to even get there since everything is shut down. Honestly I would just turn around and go home at this point but that's just me.

Neither Mark nor Amp got on their Paris flights tonight.

Glad to hear that people are okay in this community. When they divide up deaths by nations I do shudder. Like human life is only important if they live in your hometown or are a U2 fan. I do understand it of course. It's very human reaction.

Just thinking in relation to people bringing it up, I thought HBO special was a pre-taped "live' event of the last 3 concerts they played in Paris, not live, live. Not that it matters in any way, just that was my understanding this entire time.

If it is live, I could see HBO and U2 show the world that love always wins. I don't care if they are alone in the arena or surrounded by 10,000 troops or play via Skype.

It seems like something like that would be what U2 reaction would be for some many reasons, the worst of all that the attack could have hit them during one of their shows. It's very close to home.

And I think, this is a safe place. No apologies necessary. We are U2 fans. We are humans. We aren't the bad guys and this is just a time to let it all out.

Finding the perfect words are rarely easy in these times when so much uncertainty.

Please. Please. I'm down on my knees...

Last edited:
A sobering thought ....This could have very easily happened at the U2 show tomorrow night while being broadcast live worldwide.

This is so sad! I weep for humanity! Why are humans so fucking stupid to kill each other over stupid beliefs!!! This makes me sick! And yes I don't care about U2 not doing the concert! It's not the place or time for that now! My condolences to all the victims and families!

Strange that the concert on the 15th is not also postponed... at least not yet. I can't imagine them going ahead with it so soon after these tragic events.

Don't jump down my throat for posting that. I'm very much in the camp that thinks that trivial things like a rock concert mean literally nothing in light of what happened today. My thoughts and prayers are with the victims. I just don't even know what to think right now, my mind can't even comprehend how terrifying that must have been for the victims directly involved.

I think there's a little confusion in communication: If I understand correctly, there are only two actual members of EoDM and then there are touring band members. So I think the two guys are OK, but one of the traveling band members may have been killed. :\

Over 100 Reportedly Killed in Hostage Situation at Eagles of Death Metal Show in Paris | News | Pitchfork

Now Pitchfork says that their rep confirmed the NBC reports were untrue. And yeah, the band appears to be touring with only one of the main members, but the touring members would add a few more on stage.

Glad the band seems to be okay, but obviously sad for the rest that were present.

Yeah, Josh Homme doesn't normally tour with them because of his many other commitments, but I think the touring band has about five members.

Sounds like all the band made it to safety but not clear about all of their crew yet.

A sobering thought ....This could have very easily happened at the U2 show tomorrow night while being broadcast live worldwide.

i was calling my mom and she totally said that U2 could have been the target ( I mean, they targeted the beg venue, who knows?)

I ran into Mark Baker at PET Airport in Montreal tonight around 9:30. We were both fetching our luggage at the same time. I was coming from LA and he was coming from a rerouted flight. I introduced myself and we talked briefly about his trip getting cancelled, but he says it's for the best. He told me that U2 camp put him and his wife up in Montreal for the night tonight. He seemed to be in a rush and I didn't want to keep him so that was the end of our conversation.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using U2 Interference mobile app

We are in Montreal. Our plane is still going. We are not going on it. Waiting to pull my luggage off the plane. Staying in hotel in Montreal then back home tomorrow. U2 people have taken care of us. Jacob and his parents are in flight still and landing in Paris. I've been in contact with them and they are aware of the situation. U2 contacts will make sure they are ok. Our flight was Toronto to Montreal to Paris. Our flight was still going to Paris. I had to wait 4 hours to get my luggage. At the hotel now in Montreal and have seen the news. My heart breaks. Forget the contest. Forget the u2 shows. This is so horrific. Normally my wife is at home and I'm away in another country. That would have been the case normally. Tonight she's with me and I came to realize how certain things transcend to other things. So sad. Forget the hbo and the contest. People lost their lives. I can't believe the news today.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

We are in Montreal. Our plane is still going. We are not going on it. Waiting to pull my luggage off the plane. Staying in hotel in Montreal then back home tomorrow. U2 people have taken care of us. Jacob and his parents are in flight still and landing in Paris. I've been in contact with them and they are aware of the situation. U2 contacts will make sure they are ok. Our flight was Toronto to Montreal to Paris. Our flight was still going to Paris. I had to wait 4 hours to get my luggage. At the hotel now in Montreal and have seen the news. My heart breaks. Forget the contest. Forget the u2 shows. This is so horrific. Normally my wife is at home and I'm away in another country. That would have been the case normally. Tonight she's with me and I came to realize how certain things transcend to other things. So sad. Forget the hbo and the contest. People lost their lives. I can't believe the news today.

Glad to hear you guys are all doing well. Stay strong Mark and best wishes to you and everyone!

I'm so angry at people who kill other people.

Mark, really good to know you're safe and I think it's the right decision to stay away from Paris right now and get back home with your family. It must be so chaotic there right now. God bless all of the people who are in fear and in danger.

Jesus this is terrible. Was out last night and heard bits and pieces but just realised the full scale. Heart goes out the victims families. One Love.

Back
Top Bottom