BREAKING: Shooting and Explosions in Paris

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I understand people might be upset and confused and horrified - I am - so I'll apologise for assuming anything about the intentions of posters.

Just full of despair & sadness right now is all

Have a family friend in town for the show, he and his wife are safe but it sounds pretty scary.

You know, if it REMOTELY bothers you that the U2 whatever might be affected by this shit then you're probably listening to the wrong fucking band. And, y'know, go piss up a rope.

Get off your high horse, you plonker. Most u2 fans would have been concerned about the safety of the band upon hearing the news.

Get off your high horse, you plonker. Most u2 fans would have been concerned about the safety of the band upon hearing the news.

For a split second. But to then come in here and talk about postponed shows, instead of the incident itself is the lowest.

I can't even... Thoughts for all those still in danger. This is unspeakably evil

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Sounds like they got the hostages out now. No word on casualties yet

Nothing is as odd to be live tweeting, blogging, social media as real people are dying. It's fucking freaky.

This is devastating. Again. And one of my first thoughts was U2 and their fans as I heard arena... which I am ashamed to admit like it matters.

Love to all. Fuck. I'm a mess. And my day is great. I just hugged my kids. And selfishly worry about NYC and Thanksgiving and my friends and family. Fuck.

It's fine to care about the band and their fans. It's worrying about HBO that bothers me.

I wasn't talking about the safety of the band, chief, rather people actually wondering how this will affect the big show tomorrow.
I have since added the caveat that it's very hard to react rationally to such irrational news, and all sorts of things are said - and typed - in such a confused state of mind.

Can we all just count to ten before posting or responding. I don't think anyone really cares about the shows or HBO at this point.

It's fine to care about the band and their fans. It's worrying about HBO that bothers me.

Again: not the intent of my original post. No one is suggesting human life is not the #1 worry right now. This is a terrible tragedy.

Get off your high horse

I wasn't talking about the safety of the band, chief, rather people actually wondering how this will affect the big show tomorrow.
I have since added the caveat that it's very hard to react rationally to such irrational news, and all sorts of things are said - and typed - in such a confused state of mind.

Sorry, I take my comment back now that I understand what you meant. Apologies once again. Yeah, I agree with you, people should not worry about the HBO event and the cancellation of shows etc.

Can we all just count to ten before posting or responding. I don't think anyone really cares about the shows or HBO at this point.

Absolutely! Completely irrelevant.

Seems like roughly 100 hostages exited from the concert venue, several with severe injuries. Still no word on the number of casualties from that.

This is unbelievable, I just can't imagine. I remember how I felt on 9/11, just glued to the TV (internet now, TV back then), constantly refreshing, scouring for any information... all with this sense of helpless concern. Helpless because I can't be there to help anybody, I feel so ridiculous sitting here at my computer.

Ugh. I'm just hoping to hear this is under control. Poor Paris. Thinking about everyone there. Concerts will probably be postponed. So be it. Not as important as keeping fans safe.

This is unbelievable. Hope everyone that was in line, and in Paris for the concerts are safe. Dear Lord, can't we have peace?

It's heartbreaking to think how the U2 lyrics about these acts are still relevant. I can only pray for the lives that got away, and for the survivors.

Stay safe tonight, everyone.

F**king terrorists!! Thinking of all those who have lost family or friends in this senseless attack. I can only imagine the terror those people have faced/are facing. These people are sick, sick, sick! My heart aches for you, Paris :heart:

a national state of emergency has been declared here, borders are closed and Paris is in shut-down mode, transport shut-down, schools closed etc. - i will be very surprised if the concerts will actually be allowed to go ahead at this rate... usually in situations like these, major events are cancelled due to fears for public safety...

The shows have been canceled, is the word. But that's not what's important right now. This is awful and I pray for all the families of the lives that were lost.

Some of our forum members are heading that way. I feel like they need to just turn around and go home. Family and safety is more important than being on an HBO special in my opinion.

We might be thinking about it, but any comments wondering about what will happen to the HBO broadcast at this time will be seen as crass and insensitive.

it's just horrible - was just a little metal concert, so many young people, senseless - devastated

The shows have been canceled, is the word. But that's not what's important right now. This is awful and I pray for all the families of the lives that were lost.

Some of our forum members are heading that way. I feel like they need to just turn around and go home. Family and safety is more important than being on an HBO special in my opinion.

Please tell me they're not still out there waiting for GA or something? Hopefully people are communicating this to them on whatever group Facebook thing people may be on.

Back
Top Bottom