Bono To Sing On "darfur Now" Soundtrack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I just came across a piece of EXCELLENT news - Bono sings a duet with Stevie Wonder on the new movie release "DARFUR NOW" due to be released this month!

They sing Wonder's BRILLIANT song "Love's in Need of Love Today" at the end of the movie.

I'll post more about this in a little while but this movie is showing in my city TOMORROW NIGHT and I plan on being there to watch it and to be amongst the first to hear this most beautiful song sung by these two.

Be on the outlook for this movie to come to your area soon and make sure to buy the CD coming out with all the music from the movie.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here is the original post:

http://www.zootopia.de/

Samstag, 03 November 2007 02:18

Die eindringliche Dokumentation Darfur Now kam gestern in die amerikanischen Kinos [Trailer]. Der Film folgt sechs Menschen, die versuchen das Morden, die Vergewaltigungen und die Vertreibungen in der sudanischen Provinz Darfur zu stoppen.

Der Soundtrack der Dokumentation enthält auch den von Stevie Wonder geschriebenen Song "Love's in Need of Love Today" [Youtube], der zu den Credits am Ende zu hören ist.

Für den Film nahm Stevie Wonder den Song erneut als Duett mit Bono auf.

Der Kritiker von Cinematical.com hält den Song in seiner Filmkritik sogar für absolut Oskarverdächtig.
Amazon.com hat eine CD unter dem Namen Darfur Now gelistet, die am 27. November veröffentlicht wird. Ob das Duett auf der CD zu finden sein wird ist noch nicht erkennbar.

Wir halten euch auf dem laufenden.

Here is the choppy English translation:

Saturday, 03 Novembers 2007 02:18

The urgent documentation Darfur Now came yesterday into the American movie theaters [trailers].

The film follows try six persons, that the murdering to stop the rapes and the expulsion in the sudanischen province Darfur.

The Soundtrack of the documentation contains is also the song written by Stevie Wonder "Love's it in Need of Love Today" [Youtube] to hear that to the Credits at the end.

For the film, Stevie Wonder received the song again as a duet with Bono. The critic of Cinematical. com considers the song in its film criticism even to be absolutely Oskarverdächtig.

Amazon. com listed a CD under the name Darfur Now, that is published on the 27 November. To find whether the duet on the CD its will not be yet recognizable. We keep you current.

:bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

LOVE'S IN NEED OF LOVE TODAY

Good morn or evening friends
Here's your friendly announcer

I have serious news
to pass on to
every-body

What I'm about to say
Could mean the
world's disaster

Could change your
joy and laughter to
tears and pain

It's that
Love's in need of love today

Don't delay
Send yours in right away

Hate's goin' round
Breaking many hearts

Stop it please
Before it's gone too far

The force of evil plans
To make you its possession

And it will if we let it
Destroy ev-er-y-body

We all must take
Precautionary measures

If love and please
you treasure

Then you'll hear me when I say

Oh that
love's in need of love today

Don't delay
don't delay
Send yours in right away
right a-way

Hate's goin' round
hate's goin' round

Breaking many hearts
break-ing hearts

Stop it please
stop it please

Before it's gone too far
gone too far

People you know that

Don't delay
don't de-lay

Send yours in right away
right a-way

You know that hate's
hate's
Hate's goin' round
goin' round

Breaking many hearts
break-ing hearts

Stop stop it please
Before it's gone too far
gone too far

It's up to you cause

Don't delay
don't de-lay

Send yours in right away
right a-way

You know that hate's
hate's
Hate's goin' round
goin' round

Breaking-hate's
tried to break my
heart many times
break-ing hearts

Don't-you've got to
stop it please
stop it please
Before before before
gone too far

Love's in need of
love love today

Don't delay
don't de-lay

Send yours in right away
right a-way

You know that
hate's going around
hate's goin'
Hate's going around
hate's going around
round break-

And it tried to break
up many hearts
ing hearts

Stop
You've got to I've got
to They've got to
it please

We've got to They've got
to We've got to
gone
Stop it before it's
gone too far

Love's love's in need of love
love's in need of love

Did you ever think
that love would be
in need of love
today

to-day don't
Don't delay
de-lay
Send yours right away
right a-way

Hate's hate's
hate's goin' round

Bring it down a
little love is very
peaceful

So bring it down a little
stop it please
gone too far
love's in need
of love today

don't delay
right away awaaaay
love's in need
of love today
don't delay
right away awaaaay

hate's goin round
breaking hearts
Well, please stop it

Um L-O-V-E love Oh,
L-O-V-E

love's in need
of love today
don't delay
right away

Just give the world LOVE.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Amen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7fAQqqhz7U

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We have a great opportunity to preview it tomorrow night at my campus and I'll be there:

http://www.robertstrausscenter.org/events/view/15

I'll let you all know what happens tomorrow night and can give you some more info then about Bono's duet with Stevie Wonder.

Have a beautiful day. Please don't let it get away!

:bonodrum: :up:

onekea, thanks again ... just listened to it, it's a beautiful, very passionate version of this song, I loved the African elements in it, especially the choir in the end.

On Tuesday, 6 November, I was fortunate to be in attendance at a preview showing of the new movie "DARFUR NOW" at the University of Texas at Austin.

In attendance also was the man behind the movie, Ted Braun.

After the POWERFUL and INSPIRING movie which lasted about two hours, Mr. Braun took questions from the audience for over an hour. After the formal question time, many people hung around to share a few moments with Mr. Braun, talking about the movie and posing for a few pictures.

I was most struck by the choice for the ending song of the movie. It was a duet by Stevie Wonder and Bono of Wonder's classic song "Love's in Need of Love Today".

I have always loved that song and to think of it being a duet by these two amazing singers really made me quite happy and a bit curious as to how it all came to be.

As the crowd was beginning to leave and Mr. Braun had a moment alone, I went up to him, thanked him for "DARFUR NOW" and wished it all the success possible.

I then told him how much I liked the duet between Bono and Stevie Wonder and asked him if he would share how that came to be.

This is what he shared with me.

As production on the movie was ending this past April, he began to think of who he wanted to sing the closing song. Bono immediately came to his mind. So he sent word to Bono about the movie and asked him if he would be interested in writing and performing a song for it.

It took a month or so before Mr. Braun heard back from Bono (at the time Bono was busy putting the finishing touches on the RED Vanity Fair magazine which came out this past Summer). Bono said that he was interested in doing this but wanted to see the movie before committing.

In July, Mr. Braun sent a copy of the movie to Bono's home in France. There, in the company of George Clooney, Bono watched the movie and gave his assurance that he wanted to perform a song for the movie.

The only problem was that there was not enough time before the movie went to final production in September for Bono to write and perform an original song of his own.

So Mr. Braun suggested "Love's in Need of Love Today" as a good song to close the movie with - and Bono agreed.

As Mr. Braun told it, Bono contacted Stevie Wonder and the duet was done in time for the movie's final production in September.

And what a BEAUTIFUL, HEARTFELT song it is. You can listen to it by going to the DARFUR NOW MySpace profile and clicking on the song.

You'll be glad that you did!

:bow: :bonodrum:

Back
Top Bottom