Bono Partners With Monsanto?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He has a limited investment with Monsanto.He was made their international ambassador for the prevention of future potato famines and he cant be dead he hasn't paid his debts

People all over the world sell out for various reasons like I did because I got no satisfaction from the ambassador and that is a long title to wear on a jacket so we will use the title Mr. hot potato man

Because it's far worse to eat genetically modified food than to starve to death! :hyper:

Because it's far worse to eat genetically modified food than to starve to death! :hyper:

no, that's not the point - the point is CONTROL... seeds are heavily controlled and the corporations are hiking up the prices, they are tying small farmers into monoculture and regularly sue them when they don't play ball, David and Goliath style

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2013/feb/12/monsanto-sues-farmers-seed-patents

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environme...rt-monsanto-indiana-soybean-seeds?INTCMP=SRCH

The report noted that three big companies now control more than half of the global seed market – a position that has sent prices soaring. The report said the average cost of planting an acre of soybeans had risen 325% between 1995 and 2011.

THIS is what could cause global famine and cause people to starve to death :wave:

and, no, we don't all want to eat genetically engineered food!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/may/15/us-eu-trade-deal-monsanto-crops?INTCMP=SRCH

Monsanto crazies are becoming the new "Truthers."

That site is hysterical.

The author has a twitter handle. Guess what it is?

@RadysRant!

Did you know Bono is part of the new shadow government which is part of the New World Order?

Nutjobs.

So if you click the link in the story in the first post that says Bono is "shilling for Monsanto," it leads to another site with the same link. If you click that, it leads to this site:

Private Companies Helping to Front Funds For African Food Development - US News and World Report

Bono is only mentioned once:

Music star Bono, representatives from big agribusiness, and the leaders of developing countries gathered in Washington Friday for the announcement of a new agreement, under which private companies will contribute $3 billion toward food security in Africa.

Monsanto is mentioned here:

While G8 countries work to solve their budgetary problems, private companies including Monsanto, Dupont, Cargill, and Vodafone have agreed to contribute $3 billion toward the New Alliance for Food Security and Nutrition, in an effort to lift 50 million people out of poverty over the next 10 years. The initiative is largely aimed at helping African farmers produce and sell their crops.

If this article is the original site's source for saying that Bono is a croney for Monsanto, then they are just creating hype. Bono (and other people) supported an agreement in which Monsanto and at least three other companies will contribute money for food security. Jumping to conclusions much? Bono is not "partnering with Monsanto" any more than he's partnering with Dupont, Cargill, and Vodafone. Sorry to rain on your hysteria parade.

There's no question Bono has a very anthropogenic stance towards how Africa can develop. He's spoken several times about his hopes for Africa's natural resources to be fully exploited (trees, gas, oil etc) and it wouldn't surprise me if he has taken an acute interest into the potentiality of GM crops. I have no idea to what degree he has aligned himself to Monsanto, but it wouldn't be utterly beyond the realms of plausibility if he has given them his tacit approval.

fwiw, i can't comment on whether or not B-man is partnering with Monsanto in some way - it looks like conspiracy theory material to me

but if he is connected to them, he sure knows how to increase his popularity stakes :D

Did he actually say Africa was the next big consumer market for America?Its too bad people are considered consumers and have lost the title of citizen or community member or tribe.Everyone is just a consumer and a potential ATM for corporations. Life is better when underdeveloped (by western standards) populations are left alone to find their own best way to survive.Bono is only looking to get a discount on genetically modified cotton seeds .There is more natural organic cotton in the world then there is natural organic food.

Google his interview with Andrea Mitchell. I live near Camp David and read the interview after he attended the G8 summit. I was very disturbed about it and have only now started to accept that it's true. I'm so depressed. :|. Is anyone out there able to request a statement from him? Maybe he's gotten sucked into a bad thing but will realize it and do a 180.

There's no question Bono has a very anthropogenic stance towards how Africa can develop. He's spoken several times about his hopes for Africa's natural resources to be fully exploited (trees, gas, oil etc) and it wouldn't surprise me if he has taken an acute interest into the potentiality of GM crops. I have no idea to what degree he has aligned himself to Monsanto, but it wouldn't be utterly beyond the realms of plausibility if he has given them his tacit approval.

I'm not sure about Monsanto, but he does support countries bringing business to Africa. The goal there is to help those nations develop into self-supporting countries, not run by dictators and military regimes, where there is famine and disease. It's time to stop the killing of animals for ivory (sorry, that pisses me off more than anything on earth - I want poachers killed on sight!) and exploiting the land, but doing nothing for the people. But a properly run business that at least TRIES to help the land (not completely destroy or pollute it) and bring some business and farming to the nations will help those countries grow. I support that too.

As for Monsanto, I think people sometimes read too much into GMO. Yes, GMO products haven't been fully tested yet. However, people have been manipulating genetics for a VERY long time. Corn, for example, is not as natural as you might think. This resulted from a cross-breed. And many plants we accept were also cross-breeds (like roses). Animals - like man dogs - are also genetic manipulations. The difference is that humans did this through slightly more "natural" means. GMO expedites this process.

The real evil, as others stated, is actually the control of the seed. It can become a monopoly - or close to one. And that can be bad.

Google his interview with Andrea Mitchell. I live near Camp David and read the interview after he attended the G8 summit. I was very disturbed about it and have only now started to accept that it's true. I'm so depressed. :|. Is anyone out there able to request a statement from him? Maybe he's gotten sucked into a bad thing but will realize it and do a 180.

And what about this interview disturbed or depressed you? I listened to the interview and not once did he mention anything that is being discussed in this thread. Maybe I watched a different interview with Andrea Mitchell? Can you post a link?

I've read a lot of speculation, but I haven't seen any concrete link. Is there one?

Back
Top Bottom