Bono On ARIA Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi dazzled :wave:

Everytime I saw them they were great. I don't remember the Universal Amphitheater show(s) all that well (80s), but I'm sure my husband does (he's not here at the moment). That venue holds about 5000-6000 I believe. Then saw them in October 2001 at the House Of Blues in Hollywood, which I'd guess holds about 1000 (not sure, but you get the idea). So much more intimate, and just so... AWESOME. Then they came back in March/April 2002 to the HOB and were AWESOME. Just an incredible band with incredible energy on stage. Rob Hirst on drums :yes:

As for fave songs... Forgotten Years, King Of The Mountain, One Country, Dream World, Dead Heart, Sometimes... :love:

Thanks for the link emzz :up:

Bono wants PG 4 PM

U2 frontman Bono has endorsed Silverchair's ARIA Award call for Peter Garrett to campaign for Prime Minister.

Bono made a passionate speech to induct Midnight Oil to the ARIA hall of fame on Sunday night, followed by Silverchair frontman Daniel Johns spray painting "PG 4 PM'' on the stage.

"Oh wow,'' Bono said when told of the award's big surprise moment. "I wouldn't rule it out. You feel a moral core at the heart of that man which is attractive in a time of crisis.''

U2 arrived in Australia on Tuesday to resume the postponed final leg of their Vertigo world tour.

The band have rebelled in their surrounds since arriving, playfully greeting fans outside the Palazzo Versace Hotel and enjoying the sights of their Gold Coast space.

Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton and Larry Mullen Jr travelled by helicopter to the Queensland Sports and Athletics Centre yesterday to begin rehearsals for the tour which opens on Tuesday night.

A relaxed Bono said it was great to be back in Australia.

"To be this far from home and feel completely at home, what is that about?'' he said. "The same kind of people maybe.''

While invigorated to be back on the performing stage, Bono was equally excited by the continuing success of his Drop The Debt campaign and efforts to treat the millions of Africans dying from HIV/AIDS.

"There are problems and scourges on the planet that require immediate action,'' he said.

"These things are doable if we really want them to be done. They can be done.''

He agreed that his model of "social movement'' could be applied to bring change in other areas including climate change.

"It's in all of our interests to understand more about it. I know there are huge ramifications for Africa,'' he said.

"I am very friendly with Al Gore. I have been through this with him and yet I know I need to know more and I am anxious to learn about what's going on in Australia and the ways you are dealing with it or not.

"It's not like these problems are unsolvable.''

0,,5293319,00.jpg

0,,5293316,00.jpg

Wow. Last year David Hasselhoff presented at the ARIAs. This year Bono was on. Will the excitement never cease? :hyper: :D

Back
Top Bottom