bono kissing ali onstage at a concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
longingforBono said:

Think of the fun you'd have going on the piss with him. You could occasionally give him a little kiss and then blame it on the alcohol.:tongue: :kiss: :shh:

"Gosh I'm sorry- I'm just so DRUNK!!!!!!!!":laugh:

oooh realy nice idea! hey B, wanna come over and have a nice glass of re-whiiiite wine? we can watch a movie or so...
XD but clubbing with him sounds nice, but I think the moment he enters, everybody would be around him... so not much him and you anywayz!

Nah I don't want to go clubbing with him. I just want to sit with him at his local and have a drink (or two) and just talk. Hopefully I wouldn't bore him and hopefully he'd make me laugh.

That would be a dream come true for me. If I could meet him, that's how I wish it would be. Talk about our dads, our kids, our spouses and faith and life and what's important at the end of the day. The kissing part was just a joke. I'd never cross that line.

longingforBono said:
Nah I don't want to go clubbing with him. I just want to sit with him at his local and have a drink (or two) and just talk. Hopefully I wouldn't bore him and hopefully he'd make me laugh.

That would be a dream come true for me. If I could meet him, that's how I wish it would be. Talk about our dads, our kids, our spouses and faith and life and what's important at the end of the day. The kissing part was just a joke. I'd never cross that line.

I think that would be a very sweet way to meet the B man :). Would love just to be able to have a conversation with him. Know he has to be very interesting to talk to. And I don't think you would bore him :).

hehe yeah I'd give a lot just to have a conversation with this man! I mean, he's very inspiring and all, and very funny, so I guess he's a great person to talk with...

let's count off the positves about this dude:
1. gorgeous (sorry i can't help it!)
2. sexy.
3. brilliantly smart.
4. great singer, with a wonderful voice.
5. great lyricist, poet, songwriter.
6. great writer for e verything else - speeches, etc.
7. very caring and thoughtful.
8. wonderful husband - we don't know for sure but he HAS been married to the same lady for over 20 years, so something must be going right :)
9. good father - again, i don't know for sure but considering that his children aren't into drugs and drinking or anything else like that, they are with him a lot and he enjoys having them around - again, something must be going right!
10. very modest.
11. but very confident and believes in himself - a strong character. :drool: i'm a sucker for strong characters.
12. uses his celebrity for the common good.
13. great converationlist - his interviews are always interesting to read, and for me, inspiring.

:heart:

He's sexy not being perfect--what was it I read-he's broken most of the 10 commandments & the one's he hasn't he has wanted to. :drool:

Babydoll said:

5. great lyricist, poet, songwriter.

Of all the great qualities of Bono, I feel this is most often overlooked and/or taken for granted. So he may not have the *best* voice, the most natural talent, or the academic smarts, but who the fuck on earth can write a song like Running to Stand Still!?!? I mean, I've never done heroin and don't know anyone who has, and yet the song still moves me to tears. I think a lot of Bono's rather large personality is him overcompensating for things he missed out on - a mom, a good relationship w/ dad, a college degree - but I really hope he knows how much the words alone mean to all of us. He's too humble about his talent as a lyricist.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Of all the great qualities of Bono, I feel this is most often overlooked and/or taken for granted. So he may not have the *best* voice, the most natural talent, or the academic smarts, but who the fuck on earth can write a song like Running to Stand Still!?!? I mean, I've never done heroin and don't know anyone who has, and yet the song still moves me to tears. I think a lot of Bono's rather large personality is him overcompensating for things he missed out on - a mom, a good relationship w/ dad, a college degree - but I really hope he knows how much the words alone mean to all of us. He's too humble about his talent as a lyricist.

Great post, Lies. I agree!:up:

biff said:

Great post, Lies. I agree!:up:

Thanks, I kind of went rambling there, but I often find myself listening to a U2 song and getting this urge to find Bono and tell him how brilliant he really is. His songs truly change lives.

I also agree... he always seems so humble about his writing. That's why that moment in Rattle & Hum when he's reading his lyrics to BB and he looks so proud, feels so good. :) Good for you Bono!

bonocomet said:
I also agree... he always seems so humble about his writing. That's why that moment in Rattle & Hum when he's reading his lyrics to BB and he looks so proud, feels so good. :) Good for you Bono!

oooo, yeah, and doesn't BB say something like "those are heavy lyrics for such a young man" or something to that effect?

Sicy said:

Thanks for that tip, I was having the same problems.

That video was :cute:

Yes thanks for the tip:) Ive had problems like that with other vids on the site.Great video! :drool:

I just watched this dvd. It's really good. Ali comes on at the end of Party Girl.

he actually is humble about a lot of things, if not everything. like i said, very modest yet supremely confident. he is humble about his success, his celebrity, his talent, always is self-depracating yet believes in himself and knows he can deliver. somehow, most people tend to unbalance these two, but he keeps it in a perfect balance. my admiration for this wonderful man keeps growing daily... LivLuv, I know exactly how you feel.

As a writer/poet I would love to have just even half of Bono's writing talents! Can completely agree with how U2's songs move you. Love to sit there and just really listen to the lyrics as they are usually really powerful. The fact that Bono is not conceited about his talents makes him even more admirable.

Actually, I suspect Bono is academically very, very smart, just can't focus. I'm definitely that way.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

oooo, yeah, and doesn't BB say something like "those are heavy lyrics for such a young man" or something to that effect?

He says "those are REAAALLL heavy lyrics. You're mighty young to write such heavy lyrics".

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Devlin said:
I like the part where he goes, "That's all right young man."

I love that part. The look on Bono's face. Like he's so grateful to get a compliment from BB. (probably had yet to get one from his old man.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom