Bono In Grand Rapids, Michigan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great pics I must admit the hair is winning me over a bit more now!!
Although I would like to see it up close!!!:drool:

Bono's Tart said:
Great pics I must admit the hair is winning me over a bit more now!!
Although I would like to see it up close!!!:drool:

It's going to take at least another inch of growing for me, but it looks better than it did. It looks like he tried to comb it down and it looks much better and more distinguished than it did sticking up. Still prefer long hair though!

Thanks everyone for your stories and pictures, I have been waiting anxiously to see up to date pictures of Bono.

I am loving the hair, (although I would love to see it black) he looks very distinguished but yet totally cool!

:love: thanks for the story, vid and the pictures everyone!!
the speech was indeed a bit regular, but I didn't mind watching it!
fluffy hair :love:

bonocomet said:
HAHAH!!! I was just looking for you Mot!

GG alerted me...I'm here at work, having heart palpatations...maybe they'll let me leave early so I can get to a computer that allows me to see vids!:wink:

kellyahern said:

Thanks for the report :up:

I like the part about, "and then we had more drinks!" :giggle:.

Yeah, drinks beforehand, then cash bar, then wine at dinner, then out for more drinks! :drunk:

Merc said:

From the 9 minutes they've put on the net, I think it sounds very much like any other speach on this subject he has given in the last, say 5 years... :shrug: Not that that's bad, don't get me wrong! :)

Yup, it was a mish-mash of everything he usually says. However, he seemed more succinct last night, didn't go off on too many tangents. He also made his objectives very clear from the beginning. Knowing the types of people (and a lot OF the people) in the crowd, the subtle changes made it very well received.

Bono Mot said:

GG alerted me...I'm here at work, having heart palpatations...maybe they'll let me leave early so I can get to a computer that allows me to see vids!:wink:
:whistle: how'd you think Comet got here???

:shifty:

btw liv, I heard a few new things on the interview posted.. but what was the thing about the more drinks???

You guys are so lucky to attend these talks. I'd love to see one someday... hopefully he'll come around here one of these days. Thanks again for bringing us all the good news. :)

Thanks for all the links and pictures. What a beautiful man...inside and out!!

Speech :up:
Hair :up: (although a bit darker would be better)

Have fun tonight, Rosa!! I'm sooo jealous.

U2FloridaFan said:
Thanks for all the links and pictures. What a beautiful man...inside and out!!

Speech :up:
Hair :up: (although a bit darker would be better)

Have fun tonight, Rosa!! I'm sooo jealous.

what's there tonight ??

ramblin rose said:
Wow, those pictures are wonderful. I can't wait to see him tonight. :drool: :hyper:

Have a great time. Say hi to your blackberry for us (kelly will understand that :wink: ). Remember the good ol' days. Maybe we can broadcast the speech tonight :lmao: j/k

Lila64 said:

Have a great time. Say hi to your blackberry for us (kelly will understand that :wink: ). Remember the good ol' days. Maybe we can broadcast the speech tonight :lmao: j/k

Oh that would be so awesome! :D Those were good times!

Pass on my good wishes to your blackberry too, RR! :bow:

silvrlvr said:
He referred once to a lyric in "Crumbs from Your Table" -- "where you live should not decide whether you live or whether you die."

Actually, it was twice he quoted that song. :wink: Not to get all picky about how many times, but believe me, I'd remember that type of thing.

Just checking in and reading the past few post since the event.

What a GREAT night! Truely it was "Bono's Greatest Hits" as far as speeches go. But it's not like I mind that, he's an amazing speaker. I love hearing other people "wow" over him after hearing him for the first time.

It's true what Lies said. I spotted the man get out of his car a block away, but nobody else was really sure it was him. I let it go until someone else told us it was him. Oh well...... he didn't stay long anyway.

By the way, was anyone able to save the video the news posted??? I'm not home yet and am unable to watch it right now, but I'd love to see it (save it?) for the future. Thanks!

psychou2fan (Renee) was quoted in the Grand Rapids Press, on page 3 of the article here:

http://www.mlive.com/news/grpress/index.ssf?/base/news-29/1146832508299430.xml&coll=6

....Renee Van Keulen, a lifelong U2 fan from Grand Rapids, bought a ticket to the speech, sheepishly admitting she probably wouldn't normally attend an Economic Club event.

She stood outside, a tattooed Joshua Tree on her leg commemorating one of U2's most beloved albums, for more than an hour before the doors to the event opened, hoping to get a hug, handshake or autograph.

She struck out, but said she had no regrets.

"It was absolutely amazing," she said. "It was disappointing not to meet him in person, but it was not disappointing at all to hear him speak. I'm hoping he realizes that Van Andel Arena would be a really cool arena to play a gig."

She may get her wish. Bono pledged he wouldn't wait another 20 years to return to Grand Rapids.

Back
Top Bottom