Bono/Edge on stage with PJ again tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
http://www.u2tour.de/ has the link of the wmv. Bono joked they formed a new band U-Jam. Look out at the 7:00 mark.

:rockon: performance, and was that Edge soloing both times?

Last edited:
Wow, cool, thank you for the links! Hopefully there will be a download version anytime soon. I am very happy they did this concert!

last unicorn said:
Wow, cool, thank you for the links! Hopefully there will be a download version anytime soon. I am very happy they did this concert!

There's a DVD out December 9th exclusive to Australia only I believe.

WOW!!!

That is one smokin' clip.

That answers the question about what song they might do when the tour finishes up in Hawaii. Now I'm wising to go to Hawaii.

Bono singing mostly new lyrics that fit the event.

One of Edge's solos reminds me of the solo in In God's Country. Also Is Bono quote of "To those who want to Make Poverty History -We Salute You!!!" a nod to ACDC?

This is a perfect WITS cd single BSide.

u2fp

Last edited:
timothius said:

Ditto for Evermore. :up:

Sublime cover of Stand By Me toward the end of their set there. :drool:

:Evermore :up::up::up:

I saw them at the Forum back in September, I was at the very front, I mean...No Barrier or anything, I could have touched the instruments (as my drunken friend did :mad:)....

Awesome Live!

I've always thought Evermore should have been the support act for U2 on this tour. Will be interesting to see how Kanye goes.

I personally love both bands. I thought what they did together was great and sincere. I am so sick of the Bono haters out there, though. I visited the Pearl Jam message boards, and like half the comments say PJ rocked, Bono is corny, has a big ego, and his lyrics suck. I don't get it. Is is jealousy, or do people really HATE people who do good for the world?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=223398

kakvox said:
I personally love both bands. I thought what they did together was great and sincere. I am so sick of the Bono haters out there, though. I visited the Pearl Jam message boards, and like half the comments say PJ rocked, Bono is corny, has a big ego, and his lyrics suck. I don't get it. Is is jealousy, or do people really HATE people who do good for the world?

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=223398

I wouldn't let it bother me. Bono is a terrific writer...his song lyrics have proven that. He does write some cheesy lyrics occasionally, but what writer wouldn't when they are being asked to write new or add to/change old songs giving specific messages at the rate he's asked. Also, not everyone knows the history of U2. To know that explains why they are treated like royalty.
I did find it interesting how PJ fans complain about the negativity on their site. Where have I heard that before?

theyve got a bit of a point though

the extra lyrics he came up with, the "u jam" comment, and making a late entrance were all super cheesy, even by Bono's cheesy standards. they all made me cringe a little bit.

but thats why we love him, right?

Didn't mind the lyrics or the late entrance. Everyone did great on the performance, which ironically got the least of comments.

:shrug: U-Jam (a joke anyway), Automatic Baby...who cares what the collaboration gets called?

And as for everyone going away at the loudmoth, outspoken, opinionated frontman on the PJ site, it's a tad funny since they got one in their own fave band.

edit: looks like Bono was actually a bit late for his entrance, as he rushes on stage. My guess is he was supposed to be on at the time of the first chorus, when Eddie Vedder looks back behind the stage after he finishes his lines. As for big entrances...*cough*ZooTV*COUGH*Popmart.

Last edited:
Bono's late entrance was indeed something I found a bit ridiculous. Come on, everyone knew he would be coming, no need to stage it like this.
But I liked the extra lyrics and the whole performance was really rocking the house.
Pearl Jam are great, but I still prefer Bono's voice over Eddie's.

the added lyrics were a bit cheese, and, i know it's shocking, but many people who don't like u2 find bono to be corny. pick up your chins off the floor, i know it's hard to believe.

that said... despite the lyric changes being a tad cheesetacular, the PJ fans need to shut up because eddie obviously wrote some of them (about holding his girl in his hands) and if eddie thought it was cheesy and stupid he wouldn't have agreed to do it... not his style.

cheesey yes, but i liked it none the less. would like it more if they played a song together without making up words, but seeing my two favorite bands of all time playing together is nirvana for me, so they could cover baby beluga and i'd rock out.

Nice to see Eddie using a teleprompter, too.

And Interference thought Bono was the only one! :wink:

Bono seemed very emotional towards the end of the song.

Was he crying??

muneno kodoo said:
Bono & Eddie went out for dinner after the show, we saw Bono and he looked pretty pissed :lol:

Ahhh yes, Eddie and Bono out on the lash....those sessions usually don't finish until around 6am the following morning!!

Back
Top Bottom