Bong Mine Railway, Liberia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I've been scouring Wikitravel for the last few days, and just moved from the Middle East up into the ex-USSR, and found this on the Belarus page:

You can get soft drinks and beers everywhere in Belarus. Vodka and bundy rum is the most common alcoholic drink.

Fuck! That shit's gone international?

Grrr. Ax, I had some railroad track photos I took for you but now can't seem to find them anywhere. I guess a reshoot is in order. It's not a problem though, since I cross the tracks every time I go downtown. Lalo and I jokingly call them "Dottie's Peril" after a cycling blogger named Dottie he was making fun of who hurt herself when she fell off her bike crossing railroad tracks (because if you're losing control of the bike, you swing yourself off the damn thing instead of falling WITH it.)

In other news... random boobie pictures on my memory card... :eyebrow:

Aww damn, I'd have been quite interested! Though I'm sure most people would suggest your memory card has its priorities in order. :lol:

So, I've been scouring Wikitravel for the last few days, and just moved from the Middle East up into the ex-USSR, and found this on the Belarus page:

Fuck! That shit's gone international?

Whoa, whoa, what? I can't imagine that being anywhere but here. Even imagining it in NZ is a stretch. It's just so quintessentially bogue-chic.

Whoa, whoa, what? I can't imagine that being anywhere but here. Even imagining it in NZ is a stretch. It's just so quintessentially bogue-chic.

That's what I was thinking! Hell, I honestly struggle to even imagine it in WA. It's just so "hey let's let Queensland's bogan pollution seep down the east coast a bit".

I want to believe it's vandalism or something. (Both the Wikitravel entry and Bundy rum itself.)

That's what I was thinking! Hell, I honestly struggle to even imagine it in WA. It's just so "hey let's let Queensland's bogan pollution seep down the east coast a bit".

I want to believe it's vandalism or something. (Both the Wikitravel entry and Bundy rum itself.)

Where the hell is Vlad? He could probably sort us out here, despite being about 7.

Where the hell is Vlad? He could probably sort us out here, despite being about 7.

He said they would have the Intarwebz connected at his new house on January the sixth.

JANUARY THE SIXTH.

I wonder if he had to make an emergency run of Bundy to Belarus.

damn, this clay court is hard to play.
adam claycourt?
hurr.gif

damn, this clay court is hard to play.

Once you get used to it, clay is actually the easiest - or at least that's how I've found it. Tip: approach the net. Playing from the baseline isn't as ideal on clay. Also, a good opponent on clay will be really hard to ace, though I think Moya isn't too tricky. I'm playing Courier now and can't ace him at all, though I did just win the first set 6-0!

I honestly don't like the grass courts. Struggle to play fast serves there.

Of course, now I go and fire two consecutive aces past Courier.

Once you get used to it, clay is actually the easiest - or at least that's how I've found it. Tip: approach the net. Playing from the baseline isn't as ideal on clay. Also, a good opponent on clay will be really hard to ace, though I think Moya isn't too tricky. I'm playing Courier now and can't ace him at all, though I did just win the first set 6-0!

I honestly don't like the grass courts. Struggle to play fast serves there.

yeah, it actually probably suits my style of play better. i'm just used to hitting a winner and admiring it. i'm not expecting it to then be returned!

and i just dropped my serve. ugh.

yeah, it actually probably suits my style of play better. i'm just used to hitting a winner and admiring it. i'm not expecting it to then be returned!

and i just dropped my serve. ugh.

Haha, yeah, that threw me at first, but in the end you get really good rallies going and learn some deceptive little tricks. Drop shots are your friend.

Whenever I go back to grass from clay, I'm totally fucked around because I get so comfortable with the style of play on clay. Boris Becker is a fucking nightmare. I cannot get past him. I don't think I've successfully broken his serve ... maybe once? Oh yeah, I did win a set against him that went to a tiebreak. Utter fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom