Big Bear City, California Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Cin!

I don't know whats going to happen, I'm going to wait till the dust clears a little more and maybe when we can have a civilized conversation, We'll talk.

fine then, I won't.

did not include passing out in friends aunties ensuite and being carried to car by his father then vomiting in the gutter

You told me about that before, well not just me, the superthread in general. I'll try not to drink too much.

1. I want my 5 minutes back.

2. I refuse to believe that is real... not because I don't believe Bonnie, but because I don't want to exist in a universe where that is real.

3. "Talkin' 'bout smart girls - sexy legs with high high heels" ... way to make a mockery of the point he wasn't even making.

4. Simpsons sound-byte?!

5. "Big brains are awesome!!" .... :facepalm:

There was a Simpsons soundbyte? I didn't bother listening to that mix, I just couldn't find the original on Youtube. Maybe I was missing something!

So I decided to read an article on U2 in Glastonbury on the site of a UK newspaper, and 85% of the comments are basically just by lifeless, whinging bastards.

:laugh:

Doing what sort of thangs? :ohmy:

Sleep tight Ali.

Opeth were doin metal thangs.

One thing I love about metal gigs is how into it the crowd is. Beats boring polite-but-not-terribly-active crowds at other gigs.

A single long haired metal fan in an oversized black t-shirt creates his own great stench of impossibly wretched power, so I admire your bravery of crowding into a small room with a thousand of the buggers, Ax.

It's great entertainment watching them mosh from above.

One guy had so much hair that he managed to clear a small circle of space around himself just by headbanging. I initially thought somebody was twirling a fucking dog.

Face Of Melinda followed by Reverie/Harlequin Forest? FUCK. YEAH.
Oh, I was there in spirit. Actually I wasn't, I was asleep, but STILL :rockon:

The full setlist was:

1. Windowpane
2. Ghost Of Perdition
3. The Lotus Eater
4. The Leper Affinity
5. Hessian Peel
6. April Ethereal
7. Face Of Melinda
8. Reverie/Harlequin Forest
9. Hex Omega

10. Band intros / Fredrik Akesson guitar solo / Mikael Akerfeldt "guess the song" covers game (both Whitesnake)
11. Deliverance

Clocking in at two hours. April Ethereal/Face Of Melinda/Harlequin Forest fucking dominated. Mikael's banter was awesome.

Hex Omega was pretty sweet. Mikael acknowledged that it's a funny note to end a main set on - but they didn't really care because they like playing it. Worked for me too!

Goddamn, I'm bored. Maybe I'll listen to more music to review. You actually began with ATYCLB? :love: :lmao:

Hex Omega was pretty sweet. Mikael acknowledged that it's a funny note to end a main set on - but they didn't really care because they like playing it. Worked for me too!

Goddamn, I'm bored. Maybe I'll listen to more music to review. You actually began with ATYCLB? :love: :lmao:

Yeah, it would have been awesome!

Oh yes. Yes indeed. It needed to be done!

Travis and I have our first tree put up :cute:. I forgot to get ornament hooks, but, here's the picture he took of the lights and garland. Anyone have advice on making it look a tad better?

picturexg.jpg

Hey Daniel! :wave:

I'll get back to your PM later ... need to talk to Matt and it's middle of the night in Germany right now! Actually, may be best if you just talk to him directly.

:cute: It needs a star on top!

This.

Hey Daniel! :wave:

I'll get back to your PM later ... need to talk to Matt and it's middle of the night in Germany right now! Actually, may be best if you just talk to him directly

Ax :wave:

Not a problem. not like I'm gonna be able to do anything right now anyway, so its all good!

How was the 'pteh?

Back
Top Bottom