Best Song Survivor v2: Tie-breaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The highest placed song goes to the grand final.

OK, this round is a bit odd. We need to break a tie for the 30th and last qualifying position to the grand final, as we can only have a total of 30 options. I don't, however, want a pure head-to-head match-up as the spirit of the game is consensus, voting for favourites. So please vote for your favourites out of the above - you can vote for either, you can vote for BOTH if they're both your favourites, or if neither is a favourite, you can select "neither". What if MW and LIB remain tied? I'll say "fuck it" and cast a deciding vote. And what happens in the unlikely event "neither" wins? I will pick a different finalist at random.

Anyway ... welcome to the tie-breaker in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album will be featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of finalists from each era is based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 24 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Please vote solely on the basis of studio tracks. Songs with multiple versions will be listed separately; remixes will not, so if you favour a remix over the original song, vote on the basis of your favourite.

In the 2000s semi finals, NLOTH songs continued to poll very well, securing four out of eight qualifying spots - including Magnificent in first. Funnily enough, all three ATYCLB songs which got to the semis have proceeded to the grand final. Meanwhile, just one HTDAAB track, City Of Blinding Lights, has made it. The highest placed non-album track, Electrical Storm, came within a couple of votes of a berth in the grand final.

INTERFERENCE'S 2000S RANKING
(Songs in bold proceed to the grand final)
1. Magnificent - 47
2. Beautiful Day - 46
3. Breathe - 45
4. Kite - 43
=5. City Of Blinding Lights - 42
=5. Fez-Being Born - 42
=5. Walk On - 42
8. No Line On The Horizon - 41

=9. Electrical Storm - 39
=9. Unknown Caller - 39
11. Moment Of Surrender - 36
12. The Ground Beneath Her Feet - 33
13. Vertigo - 24
14. Cedars Of Lebanon - 22
15. Fast Cars - 20
16. When I Look At The World - 18
=17. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - 16
=17. Window In The Skies - 16
(Total votes: 81)

Love Is Blindness has got to make the grand final.

Hence, in the case of a tie, my deciding vote will go to LIB.

I thought about voting for all three options just to screw with the poll.

But no, Mysterious Ways gets my only vote.

I thought about voting for all three options just to screw with the poll.

But no, Mysterious Ways gets my only vote.

I very nearly voted both LIB and Neither just because I think choosing a song at random would be hilarious.

BOY/GIRL IN THE TOP THIRTY!

Both are great great songs, but Love Is Blindness is like nothing I've ever heard from them before or since. The line "wont you wrap the night around me" is one of the most haunting Bono's ever written.

LIB... I love MW, but it's way way better live, and if we're just talking studio, then LIB edges it out. (Haha, I totally didn't mean to make a pun. But I'm leaving it there.) Spine-chills indeed.

MW is brilliant. Still sounds great to this day when u listen to it up against songs from many other bands from the 90's... is still popular on the radio which means alot of casual music fans know it and chances are they think its cool if the radio stations keep playing it so much alongside other acts from a similar era. Of course in the live setting there is nothing better than Mysterious Ways!

i really don't have an opinion on this tie breaker, but i just want to ask what the fuck is wrong with you people? voting Breathe ahead of both UC and MOS? seriously? the 3rd best song of the decade?

seriously? :angry:

and i'm not saying that Breathe is a bad song by any means, but shit people! the 3rd best song of the decade?

Fez-Being Born :up:

and i'm not saying that Breathe is a bad song by any means, but shit people! the 3rd best song of the decade?

Fez-Being Born :up:

to be fair, prior to no line it wasn't an inspiring decade. but yeah, breathe is probably halfway down my no line rankings - and apart from cobl it beats any other album material this decade.

:up:

to be fair, prior to no line it wasn't an inspiring decade. but yeah, breathe is probably halfway down my no line rankings - and apart from cobl it beats any other album material this decade.

:up:

you know, after digging out ATYCLB, i have actually forgiven U2 for making this album. but yes, i still agree with you. NLOTH definitely stands out this decade.

Go MW! Always overlooked that song until about a few months ago when I finally "got it" and gave into the wildness of the tune and the whole live experience around it.

I think the cover of Love is Blindness by Trespassers William was so damn boring that it permanently dragged the song down for me...:huh: Anyone else remember that one?

:dance: Just gave MW the lead.

While it's true that both songs are fantastic live, I can't think of a much better example of a song that's exponentially improved in that setting than LIB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom