Best Song Survivor: 1980s Semifinal Round Six

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Perhaps as a result of moving to Washington and celebrating that state's new cannabis law a little too thoroughly, Interference voted off One Tree Hill in the last round. That leaves seven songs left to compete for five slots in the final round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Cannabis has been 'legal' here for as long as I can remember, so that's no excuse. :wink:

But damn. Now what do we vote to save AIWIY? My vote would otehrwise be for ASOH. It really doesn't belong in this list.

I'm jumping onto the A Sort Of Homecoming bandwagon. But this is hard. All of these songs are in my top 15 U2 songs, and 5 of them are my top 5.

I had no idea AIWIY was so popular round these parts. Good song, but ASOH wipes the floor with it. It would be a travesty if ASOH gets eliminated in favor of sap (sap of the highest order, but sap nonetheless).

Wow, after fighting to save AIWIY last round, now i have to kill it to save ASOH? Damn, you guys. That sucks.

*painfully covers eyes and clicks AIWIY.

Can't believe One Tree Hill was voted off! Yes~I have to save ASOH. IMHO it is Bono at his best songwriting. The imagery is so beautiful...I just want to travel to the place he is singing about. So my vote is AIWIY.

I like A Sorta Homecoming a lot, but I kinda feel it's been more of a song that no one wants to vote for, as opposed to being one of the best 5 80s songs going around. I find it remarkable that it has outlasted some of the other songs in the comp. It's done mighty well.

That said, I still prefer it over All I Want Is You, which is just a mid-tier song in the U2 catalogue for me. I would have preferred Heartland or Desire to be there instead.

I hate you all for eliminating One Tree Hill. :grumpy:

And I'll hate you all more if you ditch A Sort of Homecoming.

I can't believe that out of the seven songs in the eighties semis that I wanted to be amongst the finalists, it looks like only New Year's Day will get through. Come on hive mind, this round and the next need a concerted action to ensure U2's finest studio moment, ASOH, survives.

All I Want Is You. Again. But I don't really care which one, AIWIY or ASOH, gets out. I don't feel very strongly about either of those songs. They're both very good, but never been any of my favorites.

My first choice here would be WOWY, but as there's no hope of that going it will have to be Bad.
Come on ASOH!!!!!!!!!!

Then you probably should have voted for ASOH in the hopes of a tie. :shrug:
Well, I like A Sort of Homecoming more than All I Want Is You, so I just voted for my least favorite. I thought it would be between those two songs either way, and that ASOH might be eliminated next round.

*go to see if next round is up and if ASOH is losing*

Back
Top Bottom