Belcher Islands, Nunavut Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh, awesome, we've got Olympic cross-country equestrian on now. :up:

Hey :wave:

So Olympics fever has hit you Ax?, I haven't seen any since I switched the opening ceremony off on Friday night.

Only because I'm so unwell that I can't stand music, but the TV being on a low volume is quite welcome. But now I think it's sucking me in anyway!

I still can't believe I stayed up til the crack of dawn watching Brazil mop the floor with New Zealand in footy :crack:

Oh god, we sucked. :sad:

I hope New Zealand can do well at SOMETHING these Games. The last few Games have had very disappointing medal hauls compared to what we were doing a couple of decades ago. Hell, in 1984, we even got more medals than Australia! (They hated losing to us so much that they poured money into establishing the Australian Institute of Sport. :lol: )

Hope one of you is doing the Shitterton thread.

I'm still sufficiently out of it that I'll probably end up posting it to FYM or something! :laugh:

Hey, Channel 7? You don't need to keep cutting away from the equestrian just to show some bloke in the studio telling us for the millionth time that your precious swimming events are coming up soon.

What is the deal with swimming anyways? Is it just the MAIN thing going on or something?

Channel 7 here wanks over it so much because Australia's traditionally very good at it and usually wins a good few medals. It seems that with Michael Phelps so dominant, you lot in the US can't get enough of the swimming either.

Channel 7 here wanks over it so much because Australia's traditionally very good at it and usually wins a good few medals. It seems that with Michael Phelps so dominant, you lot in the US can't get enough of the swimming either.

Michael Phelps is the only Olympian I know the name of these days. When I was younger it was all figure skating, but now we're apparently all about swimming

What annoys me about this obsessive swimming coverage is how they spend so long on crappy interviews and "interest" stories when they could be showing other events! No, I really don't care about some has-been swimmer's thoughts on who's going to win (Phelps, duh). I'd like to see the current Olympians achieve things and win medals!

That is good to hear, glad you are feeling a bit better.

I, on the other hand, am not so good.

OK you pansies, can I make it?

Oh, what's up?

And sure, all yours if you want to be responsible for Shitterton. :wink:

Oh, what's up?

And sure, all yours if you want to be responsible for Shitterton. :wink:
I have been upset all day because my cats were being threatened to be taken to the pound (for no other purpose than getting rid of them) and while this turned out to be smoke and mirrors, I have been in not the greatest of moods the entire day and my knees are really bothering me.

As for the thread? I have it ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom