Band come out and met fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great! Those are some of my favorite things to read each tour. Please tell the story with the pics. Thanks.

its on atu2 that yesterday they did stop and people did meet them.

On Wednesday, there was a small group (around 100 fans) outside the west entrance to the Sports Arena (where all the tour vehicles entered).

Edge was driven behind a gate, but later walked out and went down the entire line signing autographs and posing for pictures.

About 30 minutes later, Bono's vehicle stopped mid-line where he spoke with fans, posed for a few pictures and signed some autographs.

I'll post my pictures this weekend!

Last edited:
yes, we missed edge by a few minutes, then bono rolled up in a big black escalade, with gavin friday in the back seat, bono was in the front passenger seat, and funny enough had to put on his shoes before getting out, he was super cool, signing autographs, and even was kind enough to talk to a couple handicapped ladies in wheelchairs, and hung around for a bit, even though the big bald guy was getting frustrated and trying to get bono to the soundcheck, but bono kept signing, and talking to fans, he definately has a way with the ladies, posing with many ladies , getting hugs, very cool moment i wont ever forget

Here you go. I was going to put this in PLEBA, wonder can I put in both? Anyways yesterday was insanely perfect. I got to the arena around 2:30pm. This time at the east gate they had a roped off area for all of us to wait in. So I found a place along the rope and watch and wait. I see some fans I know, Exit gals and Diamond, and wait for about an hour until the bus for Kings of Lion drives by. Then two black cars, about 10 minutes apart from each other, drive by. One carrying Adam, and one carrying Larry. Then a Car with The Edge drives by. About 15 minutes later he comes out of the gate and starts signing autographs. It was very orderly and calm. He made his way down the line of fans smiling the entire time.
DSCN0686.jpg

When he finally reached me he smiled at me and said hello. I responded with an excited high pitched hello and he then said, “How are you guys?” I said fine. He saw the picture I had for him to sign and immediately signed it.
DSCN0689.jpg

I told him I had taken it at Mondays show and told him “you guys rocked.” I then asked him if I could take a picture with him. He said, “Sure sweetheart, where’s your camera?” I pointed to Andrea and he leaned in and smiled.
DSCN0691.jpg

I thanked him and he continued down the line of fans. About 30 minutes later Bono’s black SUV comes driving up to us. His window is open and he is waving at the screaming fans. When he saw me I smiled the widest smile I could and he did that, opened mouth, silent scream face and then smiles and waves at me. The SUV continues to drive by and then stops about 10 feet past where I was in line.
DSCN0694.jpg

The crowd instantly hovered around the opened door. He spoke with fans while putting his shoes on. He then put his hat on, stepped out of the car, and started to sign autographs.
DSCN0700.jpg

Everyone made a crowd around him with me in the back. My friend asked one of the security guards to help us get to him but he seemed to ignore us. After waiting about five long minutes I felt tears running down my face. The security guards saw me and told people to step back so I could meet him to. Bono made his way down the edge of fans signing as he went. When he got to me he smiled and said hello. I said hello and he looked down at the drawing I had for him to sign.
DSCN0703.jpg

He asked me if it was of him. I said yes and he then picked it up to look at it. He told me it was very good and said “You made me look taller, thank you.” I thanked him and he then asked who he was signing it for. I told him Melissa and he signed it in blue ink. I then told him I wanted to thank him for sending me a signed cd from New York last year and that it meant the world to me. He paused and got this puzzled look on his face. After a moment he smiled and asked, “that was you?” I laughed and said yes. He then leaned over and kissed the top of my head. I thanked him again. He was just about to leave when my friend said wait, you have to sign one more thing. She handed him the picture I took on Monday. As he looked at it I told him I took it at Mondays show. He told me it was incredible and signed it right below Edge’s signature. I thanked him again, he smiled at me and then continued down the line of fans. When he got to the end of the crowd he got back into the SUV and waved one last time at me while rolling passed.

It still doesn’t feel real. I'll scan the autographed ones this weekend.:heart:

They really love their fans. They are amazing, taking the time to meet everyone there is something that just doesn't happen anywhere else. THEY ARE SOOOOO DOwN TO EARTH! And I just want to say U2 fans are the nicest people in the world. I have met so many wonderful souls these past few days. I don't want it to end.

Looking for a Pic of Me With Bono

Hello,
I was right in front when Bono's car pulled up on 3/30 in San Diego. After the guy from Mexico told him about his shirt, I told him about how "All That You Can't Leave Behind" helped me deal with my father's passing. I teared up and Bono took my hand and said something like "come here, brother." I turned around and saw a lot of people taking pictures. Of course, my friend's camera died right at that moment.
It would be great if someone could post and send me a pic of me shaking hands with Bono. I was the guy in the Black and Red windbreaker with the shaved head.
Thank you,
John

Any experienced fans know the aprox time that they turn up for a gig? When's the best time to be there?

Re: Looking for a Pic of Me With Bono

Johnman32 said:
Hello,
I was right in front when Bono's car pulled up on 3/30 in San Diego. After the guy from Mexico told him about his shirt, I told him about how "All That You Can't Leave Behind" helped me deal with my father's passing. I teared up and Bono took my hand and said something like "come here, brother." I turned around and saw a lot of people taking pictures. Of course, my friend's camera died right at that moment.
It would be great if someone could post and send me a pic of me shaking hands with Bono. I was the guy in the Black and Red windbreaker with the shaved head.
Thank you,
John

Wow, I wish I had a picture of that. My friend was taking the pictures and she didn't get that... sorry. I hope someone on here has one for you. That is so nice of Bono.

Here is some scans of the autographs I got. I am going to rescan the drawing.
EdgeBonosignature.jpg

Bonosignature.jpg

That's awesome agentmissa !!!

You're right they are down to earth. I met Bono at UPenn commencement last May ... he was walking to Franklin Field with Penn's President to deliver the address ... I went up to him, he stopped, I told him how he changed my life, he said "You've changed mine too" and we hugged ... amazing amazing stuff :wink:

Last edited:
Thank you guys for sharing such great stories! I'm crying a bit. About a month and a half ago my best friend past away. One of the major things that has helped me thru it is music and especially U2. I've never gotten to meet them or even see them live yet, but all of your stories give me hope and make me smile. It took me ten years to make it to see my other fav band, PJ live so I know one day I will see U2 as well.

Russty Cat said:
Thank you guys for sharing such great stories! I'm crying a bit. About a month and a half ago my best friend past away. One of the major things that has helped me thru it is music and especially U2. I've never gotten to meet them or even see them live yet, but all of your stories give me hope and make me smile. It took me ten years to make it to see my other fav band, PJ live so I know one day I will see U2 as well.

You will meet them in time. Monday was my first time seeing them live:reject: Their music is so healing. Never give up on meeting them.

Thank you Missa! :D Its sweet fans like you that continue to make the whole experience fun. I'm so glad you had such a great time.

Wow, I want to meet them too!! Missa, I just have to say that you took one sweet picture at the concert. And your drawing isn't too shabby either!

Back
Top Bottom