Australians are sooooo spoiled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
Look, they got SEVEN stadium shows even though only 20.6 million people live there. England got only 4 stadium shows, and has 51 million people. Italy got 3 and has 41 million people. Also France got only 3 and has 64 million people.

i cannot see how any australian could ever claim that u2 overlook them again.

Last edited:
Sarcasm?

The fact that England gets a show every tour, and Australia hasn't had a show before this tour in 8 years........I think it evens out.

actually not even america was nearly as spoiled by u2 as australia was. u2 probably played to around 400.000 people during the seven shows in australia. that means that 2 out of every 100 australians got to see a vertigo show. only 1.5 million tickets were sold during the two american legs combined. that means that only 1 out of 200 americans got the chance to see a vertigo show.

brutally unfair.

how would u2 be able to profit if they came down here and did only one or two gigs like you seem to be proposing? and another thing Australia's a massive space of land only slightly smaller than the US I think. I would not be able to travel 1000 kms to see them were they say to be only doing one gig in Sydney. U2 need to go to Melb, Syd, Bris, Adelaide so all Australians can get a chance to see them without having to travel too far

Last edited:
u2 is playing for love not money.

and they do seem to love australians more than americans and europeans.

U2Man said:
u2 is playing for love not money.

and they do seem to love australians more than americans and europeans.

Don't be so silly!

U2 haven't been to Australia in 8 years.

People in Europe have the option of travelling around and seeing them in various cities multiple times. Do you even know how expensive it is to travel outside of Australia ?

It's very very expensive

just rubbish everything you said.

U2 hadn't been to my city for 13 years. I am only 19 and I cant afford to travel around to the US and see tons of concerts. I have seen 1 U2 concert....I wish I lived in the US or Europe. I would be able to see much more concerts. Hopefully If they do come again I will have finished Uni and start earning some money so I can afford traveling around Australia to see multiple u2 concerts. I will be lucky if they even come to Adelaide again. I hardly feel spoiled. And now I have some person overseas who's trying to tell me we are spoilt. You wouldn't have even a clue how it is in Australia.

Last edited:
U2 must really love the Kiwis. They got 2 STADIUM shows for a country of 4 million people. If Australia were to, proportionally, have gotten as many, they'd have had 10 shows.

I also heard that the following songs are about New Zealand:

Vertigo
Crumbs
One
New Year's Day
WOWY
WTSHNN
Acrobat
Ultraviolet
TTTYAATW
Heartland

jonnytakeawalk said:

then why did they take eight years to return?

Money, well In a way.

And As I've read elsewhere around here, The Australian dollar was pretty crappy around the time of the Elevation tour, and though U2 pushed to organize something, It just didn't happen.
So the costs would have been heaps...as with The Vertigo tour where they have been able to make a profit.

Now I'm not saying they're playing for the money....but a good aussie dollar at least makes the tour profitable.

At the end of the day we only had 7 shows.

The US probably had close to 100 which means that Yanks get more opportunities to see the band live.

As a Melburnian, it is not an easy thing to make the trek to Adelaide, Sydney or Brisbane to see U2, whereas for a New Yorker, it is quite easy to hike out to Boston, Philly or DC to see the band.

Distance is a huge factor in Australia...

Feel sorry for the Westerners. Perth, the "world's most isolated city", played host to no shows. And it is quite expensive to trek eastwards to Adelaide or Melbourne for a show.....they were very hard done by.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:
U2 must really love the Kiwis. They got 2 STADIUM shows for a country of 4 million people. If Australia were to, proportionally, have gotten as many, they'd have had 10 shows.

I also heard that the following songs are about New Zealand:

Vertigo
Crumbs
One
New Year's Day
WOWY
WTSHNN
Acrobat
Ultraviolet
TTTYAATW
Heartland

i agree. all people down south have it so bloody privileged.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom