Australian Tour Announcement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Down Under said:

I have heard mixed things about the Superdome (I have not seen a show there).

Prefer Telstra Stadium for transport (close to home) and also more pubs in the area.

How can you prefer Telstra Stadium for transport when it is only 80 metres away from the Superdome and they both use Olympic Park train station. :scratch:

This is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic news. :hyper:

timothius said:

How can you prefer Telstra Stadium for transport when it is only 80 metres away from the Superdome and they both use Olympic Park train station. :scratch:

This is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic news. :hyper:

Sorry I got confused, it was early morning when I posted this and I was thinking of the old footy stadium, which is now Aussie Home Loans Stadium.

By mid morning (having woken up) I saw my mistake. I thought no one you see it until YOU:lol:

Yeah the place is a bitch to get to & home from.

Down Under said:

Sorry I got confused, it was early morning when I posted this and I was thinking of the old footy stadium, which is now Aussie Home Loans Stadium.

By mid morning (having woken up) I saw my mistake. I thought no one you see it until YOU:lol:

You didn't think you could get past me on the CityRail timetable did you. :wink:

Telstra Stadium can be great to get home from for a major event (which these will hopefully be classified as), as your train fare comes free with your ticket and they run direct Olympic Park -> Central services every 3 minutes after the event.

The Superdome (due to its capacity), however doesn't get this luxury and people have to do the ludicrous Olympic Park -> Lidcome -> Central run on weekends... just stupid. :tsk:

I will be more than likely GAing with a whole lot of mates, so I think we will probably car it into on of the Car Parks. :yes:

timothius said:

You didn't think you could get past me on the CityRail timetable did you. :wink:

You make me laugh (thank you).

Sydney City Rail I have no respect for. :madspit:

Yeah I look forward to the gig and the long travel home.

Why not the Sydney Entertainment Centre, like I saw Lovetown with B B King?? :drool:

Down Under said:

That would explain when I was thinking why someone living in Sydney didnt know that they had a big stadium in their backyard. :eyebrow:

AndrewCowley said:
This is very dissappointing. We deserve some indoor shows. .

Europe deserve indoor shows too and we didn't get them either...
Don't worry about the outdoor show.. It kicks ass!! The screen is amazing.. You Aussies go with the flow and enjoy the show. If you can afford to see multiple shows try to do so. I've seen 4 outdoor shows this summer. I had GA-front of stage at one evening and seats around the stadium on the other nights. It's cool to see the show from more than one perspective...
ENJOY!! I hope you all get the tickets you want.
-Will

From the "press-release" posted at atu2.com

Friday
March 17
Auckland
Ericsson Stadium

Tuesday
March 21
Brisbane
Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre

Friday
March 24
Melbourne
Telstra Dome

Tuesday
March 28
Adelaide
AAMI Stadium

Friday
March 31
Sydney
Telstra Stadium

Dont worry Aussies, Stadiums are way better then arenas,:wink:

but not the setlists :eyebrow:

Maybe they'll atart to change now that the've done it in America

from u2.con
It's Official! Australia To Get Vertigo
Eight years after they last played Australia, U2 are taking the Vertigo Tour to Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Sydney in March. The shows are the first to be announced for 'Vertigo '06' which will kick off in February and also stop in Mexico, South America, New Zealand, Australia and Japan.

U2.Com can exclusively confirm the Australian dates - tickets will go on general sale on Monday December 5th.

Friday March 17 Auckland Ericsson Stadium
Tuesday March 21 Brisbane Queensland Sports & Athletics Centre
Friday March 24 Melbourne Telstra Dome
Tuesday March 28 Adelaide AAMI Stadium
Friday March 31 Sydney Telstra Stadium

Tickets are priced at $99 for General Admission to the stadium field area,with Reserved Seat tickets to be priced between $99 and $199. Ticket sales outlet information will be released one week prior to the on-sale date of December 5.

If you are a U2.Com Subscriber with an unused pre-sale ticketing code, you will be emailed in advance of the public onsale with advice on priority
ticketing.

Since the Vertigo Tour kicked off in San Diego last March, three and a half million fans have filled 110 shows in North America and Europe. Meanwhile, a year after release, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb enjoys 9 million sales worldwide and this week 'U2//Vertigo//2005 Live from Chicago, a live DVD of the show was released worldwide.

mirrorballman said:

i wouldnt know, and we're talkin' bout u2.com here :| anythings possible...

I know...it could be 99 euros :shrug:

I'm guessing its $99 Aus....If so...thats just so awsome...I'll will be at all show, with the doubt of Adelaide...it all depends on my bank acocunt on December 5th....and then the prices on ebay.

bono_man2002 said:

I know...it could be 99 euros :shrug:

I'm guessing its $99 Aus....If so...thats just so awsome...I'll will be at all show, with the doubt of Adelaide...it all depends on my bank acocunt on December 5th....and then the prices on ebay.

yeah well im also countin with $99 Aus, although that would be pretty "cheap"! Appr 57 Euros is awesome for GA!

The only reason I was doubtin it (hence, thinkin it could be USD) was that they crank up the prices, so touring in those regions for a handful amount of shows would make some profit...

GA's in Twickenham were bout 90 Euros...but that's just UK :)

mirrorballman said:
are we talkin' US Dollars here or Aussie Dollars?

If the latter, that would be amazing

Yes that is confusing. Aussie dollars would mean way cheaper right?

:up: I thought they were going to play indoors ROW, to save money. Are they playing stadiums in Mexico, South America, Japan and New Zealand too?

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:
Another thing.....

Are two dates planned for both Melbourne and Sydney? :hmm:

Logic would say to make those prices work they would have to do the multiples in Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland. The Sydney & Melbourne (to a lesser extent) gates will be huge for two nights...

If these prices are right, I'll be over the moon. :)

Vertigo '06: Australian U2.Com Subscribers.

Australian dates are set to go on sale early next month.

If you are a U2.Com Subscriber with an unused pre-sale ticketing code, you will be emailed in advance of the public onsale with advice on priority ticketing.

nurse chrissi said:
Vertigo '06: Australian U2.Com Subscribers.

Australian dates are set to go on sale early next month.

If you are a U2.Com Subscriber with an unused pre-sale ticketing code, you will be emailed in advance of the public onsale with advice on priority ticketing.

Oh, bloody hell, e-mails from U2.com never seem to reach me. I still haven't got the one about the U2 Communication CD. I DO have an unused code though!

By the way, folks, it would make sense if the prices on U2.com are Aussie dollars, as they're the kind of figures that make sense. Remember, your average silly person does not hear "might as well be $100/$200" when you say $99/$199, they hear "it's under $100/$200, OMGLOLZWOW!!!"

knox said:
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but I figured some of you would want to know that they're going to play New Zealand.

I wonder why they posted that separately as the Auckland date was already announced in the main Australian article. :huh:

Wow. I'm off in Russia or two weeks and what happens? News comes through that makes Axver, timothius, & down under crap their pants! :wink:

I'm happy for you, guys!

Axver---didn't recognize you for a second with the new avatar... :wink:

Utoo said:
Wow. I'm off in Russia or two weeks and what happens? News comes through that makes Axver, timothius, & down under crap their pants! :wink:

I was wondering where you were! I missed having you at the setlist parties.

Axver---didn't recognize you for a second with the new avatar... :wink:

:lol:

I sometimes don't recognise myself. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom