Australian Open TENNIS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Speaking of "darlings"... I think Lleyton Hewitt is much more sexy than Marat Safin, but Safin played some fine tennis in that final today and, yes, he deserved that trophy!!!

Great match. Great tennis. Hope this means more interesting games for the rest of the year.

I agree--I'm hoping a good rivalry will develop between Safin and Federer. Roddick doesn't have enough variety to be Federer's rival, but Safin seems to have gotten his head together and I think we will see a lot more great tennis from him. I'm still in awe of how well he moves for someone who is 6'4" and 200 pounds.

And I don't feel bad for Hewitt--he got a warning for unsportsman-like conduct for aggressively pointing at a linesman. I've always admired his determination and confidence, but give me a break. You footfaulted, it happens.

And Marat gave one of the more charming acceptance speeches I've ever heard. "I'd like to thank the linesmen because without them, I'd never win a point." :wink:

I can't wait for the French Open!

Well, Safin isn't an angel either - he still beats more rackets to death than anyone. But he's got charm and charisma that Hewitt lacks. And at least he doesn't swear as much as he used to - I remember watching him play a few years back, and if the referee had any idea what he was screaming out in Russian he'd be kicked out of the sport. It was like listening to a string of c-words; put me and my Mum right off Safin for some time.

Back
Top Bottom