Arena boulevard 1, Amsterdam ArenA, Amsterdam, Holland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maj. Axisaura's Food Experiments

Experiment the second!

What: smoky bacon pringles in a Four And Twenty meat pie.
Why: because. Just because. We felt the guiding hand of tuf bono or something.
What did it taste like: as long as you ate it quickly enough, it actually improved the pie! Crunchy baconness to add to its bland processed meatiness.
Would I do it again: well, I did stick a couple more chips in after trying the first one ...

To commemorate Pi Day, I also tried to draw the Pi symbol on top of the pie with tomato sauce. I think the nerdy respect was strong!

What are twisties? :hmm:

I am so sorry for your unfulfilled life.

800px-Twisties_snackfood.jpg

Experiment the second!

What: smoky bacon pringles in a Four And Twenty meat pie.
Why: because. Just because. We felt the guiding hand of tuf bono or something.
What did it taste like: as long as you ate it quickly enough, it actually improved the pie! Crunchy baconness to add to its bland processed meatiness.
Would I do it again: well, I did stick a couple more chips in after trying the first one ...

To commemorate Pi Day, I also tried to draw the Pi symbol on top of the pie with tomato sauce. I think the nerdy respect was strong!

That actually sounds really, really delicious. You should have added twisties to it, too!

Ooh, you got the e-ticket printable thing? Is it a file you can save so that you can print it again if necessary?

Yep, saved on both my pc and my email. Just, y'know incase the laptop crashes or so.

But I wanted to print it anyway, cause I want to hold it and eye it and be happy with it!

And I'd hug it, squeeze it, and call it George ofcourse.

Experiment the third!

What: cheese twisties and a TIME OUT CHOCOLATE BAR on top of a smoky bacon pringle.
Why: it seemed like something tuf bono would do.
What did it taste like: ... there are not words to describe this combination. All human languages fail me. It is quite possibly the strangest, most unique thing I have ever tasted. Alison said it beat out haggis.
Would I do it again: I think it's just too soon to ask.

God, I felt so much respect after doing this. I don't even remember who was on stage at the time. My memory is just filled with respect.

Ax...well I hope you enjoy Europe as much as I liked Oz '06. I'm gonna keep the family happy this time and keep it to just the weekends away.

So I expect to add Paris, Berlin, Wembley and Dublin to Amsterdam and pre-sale Barcelona.

Experiment the third!

What: cheese twisties and a TIME OUT CHOCOLATE BAR on top of a smoky bacon pringle.
What did it taste like: ... there are not words to describe this combination. All human languages fail me. It is quite possibly the strangest, most unique thing I have ever tasted. Alison said it beat out haggis.

God, I felt so much respect after doing this. I don't even remember who was on stage at the time. My memory is just filled with respect.

Wow. That sounds... interesting to say the least. :uhoh: Not sure if I'd try that one though.

:lol:

Ax...well I hope you enjoy Europe as much as I liked Oz '06. I'm gonna keep the family happy this time and keep it to just the weekends away.

So I expect to add Paris, Berlin, Wembley and Dublin to Amsterdam and pre-sale Barcelona.

I'm really excited for it! In January, I didn't think I was going to travel at all, but ... I need a holiday and I'd love to see the band after enjoying NLOTH so much.

Might see you at the Paris and Amsterdam gigs then!

That actually sounds really, really delicious. You should have added twisties to it, too!

Oh, that just reminded me of another experiment we did! This is just an Axisaura Food Experiment since U-Wen had ... gone to get a drink or something, I don't remember.

What: cheese twisties and smoky bacon pringles in a Subway turkey melt.
Why: Alison had bought a filled roll at Subway before the gig and didn't finish it. She brought the remaining half into the show, and by the time she decided to eat it, we were having fun with our food experimentation. So ... we put the twisties and pringles in it.
What did it taste like: like the pie, it actually really added something! Though I'm not so sure the chippy texture goes with tomato ...
Would I do it again: I'd love to try it on my own usual Subway order!

Experiment the third!

What... the hell. Man, if I had that stuff here... !

I sure hope you ordered some pizza and poutine afterwards.

Oh, that just reminded me of another experiment we did! This is just an Axisaura Food Experiment since U-Wen had ... gone to get a drink or something, I don't remember.

What: cheese twisties and smoky bacon pringles in a Subway turkey melt.
Why: Alison had bought a filled roll at Subway before the gig and didn't finish it. She brought the remaining half into the show, and by the time she decided to eat it, we were having fun with our food experimentation. So ... we put the twisties and pringles in it.
What did it taste like: like the pie, it actually really added something! Though I'm not so sure the chippy texture goes with tomato ...
Would I do it again: I'd love to try it on my own usual Subway order!

Ooh, I have sandwiches with kettle chips in them sometimes. Sounds kind of similar, although I don't add other ingredients, and yours is absolutely insane.

But man, did you guys do MUCH RESPECT. tuf bono is so proud of you, he is ignoring the fact that we haven't respected the rpg in a few days. In fact, he's blissfully unaware!

What... the hell. Man, if I had that stuff here... !

I sure hope you ordered some pizza and poutine afterwards.

We are going to try poutine pizza one day! We'll pick up a couple of slices on Swanston Street, head over to Lord of the Fries on Elizabeth/Flinders to get the poutine, and GO NUTS.

Meanwhile, on Tuesday, U-Wen and I have another food experiment planned ...

We are going to try poutine pizza one day! We'll pick up a couple of slices on Swanston Street, head over to Lord of the Fries on Elizabeth/Flinders to get the poutine, and GO NUTS.

Meanwhile, on Tuesday, U-Wen and I have another food experiment planned ...

MUCH respect for Lord of the Fries. I didn't actually buy anything there, but I certainly liked their name.

Haha, I didn't know Wallaroo (town on Yorke Peninsula where bikies shoot people and also there's a museum with a preserved giant squid) roughly means "wallaby's urine" in Narungga. That is fantastic.

MUCH respect for Lord of the Fries. I didn't actually buy anything there, but I certainly liked their name.

Oh, it's a highly respectable name indeed! And they produce a highly respectable variety of chips! tuf bono would be in heaven.

Haha, I didn't know Wallaroo (town on Yorke Peninsula where bikies shoot people and also there's a museum with a preserved giant squid) roughly means "wallaby's urine" in Narungga. That is fantastic.

Brilliant. :laugh:

hey :wave:

how was the concert??

Renato! Amsterdam II! Awesome!

And oh man. Oh man. Sound Relief was fucking sensational. Liam Finn played a couple of songs (sensationally, mind you), then ... guess who he introduces. Why, his father & co., of course, and out come Crowded House for three songs with him! It was incredible.

Most of the acts were great, really, but the surprise Crowdies appearance and the final trio of Hunters & Collectors, Split Enz, and Midnight Oil were absolutely outstanding. I can't believe I've seen Midnight Oil live. I can't believe I got to see Split Enz again - and I'd trade the entire Enz concert I saw in Brisbane, plus the rest of their set today, JUST for Six Months In A Leaky Boat at the MCG. That was the incredible moment of the concert for me.

Oh, and Bonnie will appreciate this: all of us (Alison in particular, of course) just about died when we found out JOHN FARNHAM joined COLDPLAY in Sydney for YOU'RE THE VOICE. U-Wen said it was simultaneously the best, worst, and funniest thing that happened all day. They played it on the big screens at the MCG. I barely heard anything because the G was in such fine voice and sung so loudly over the top. The one bit I did catch? Was when it went quiet and Chris Martin attempted to sing part of the song - butchering it completely.

HM ticketsale friday starts at 8 am Dublin time, Ticketmaster - Promotions

I can do that. I've to be at uni around noon to catch a train, so I can stay online until 11 my time, that's 2 hours to get tickets.

Hopefully Renato and I will score tickets in the presales to both shows and you won't even need to worry. :up:

Unlike Amsterdam, the third Dublin gig last time did not go on sale straight away. But that was partly because there had to be negotiations to get approval for a third. That may need to happen this time too; I've heard no news about whether approval has been granted for the third show (it is one in excess of Croke's permitted number of concerts). So who knows what will happen ...

Hopefully Renato and I will score tickets in the presales to both shows and you won't even need to worry. :up:

Unlike Amsterdam, the third Dublin gig last time did not go on sale straight away. But that was partly because there had to be negotiations to get approval for a third. That may need to happen this time too; I've heard no news about whether approval has been granted for the third show (it is one in excess of Croke's permitted number of concerts). So who knows what will happen ...

Wait woah. You have a PRESALE code??? :shocked:

Well, there's also two dates for Dublin already announced. Which made me think, could there be a presale for both? THAT would be seriously amazing if you both have codes!

Let me know in time if I need to try, cause I'd need to borrow my mother's creditcard.

This is so tempting me into getting a creditcard, but I shouldn't. Those things are eeeeevil.

When are we going to book the condo and flight tickets btw?

Renato! Amsterdam II! Awesome!

And oh man. Oh man. Sound Relief was fucking sensational. Liam Finn played a couple of songs (sensationally, mind you), then ... guess who he introduces. Why, his father & co., of course, and out come Crowded House for three songs with him! It was incredible.

Most of the acts were great, really, but the surprise Crowdies appearance and the final trio of Hunters & Collectors, Split Enz, and Midnight Oil were absolutely outstanding. I can't believe I've seen Midnight Oil live. I can't believe I got to see Split Enz again - and I'd trade the entire Enz concert I saw in Brisbane, plus the rest of their set today, JUST for Six Months In A Leaky Boat at the MCG. That was the incredible moment of the concert for me.

Oh, and Bonnie will appreciate this: all of us (Alison in particular, of course) just about died when we found out JOHN FARNHAM joined COLDPLAY in Sydney for YOU'RE THE VOICE. U-Wen said it was simultaneously the best, worst, and funniest thing that happened all day. They played it on the big screens at the MCG. I barely heard anything because the G was in such fine voice and sung so loudly over the top. The one bit I did catch? Was when it went quiet and Chris Martin attempted to sing part of the song - butchering it completely.

And Amsterdam I, which means that I won't need to trade my Dublin tickets and there will be just enough tickets for the four of us :hyper:

Glad to hear that the concert was great! The Crowdies appearance must have been wonderful! I will try to find it in YouTube later....

And :lol: about Coldplay in Sydney!

Ax, did you get a code already???? Oh man, everything is looking SO great for this summer.

Well, there's also two dates for Dublin already announced. Which made me think, could there be a presale for both? THAT would be seriously amazing if you both have codes!

Let me know in time if I need to try, cause I'd need to borrow my mother's creditcard.

This is so tempting me into getting a creditcard, but I shouldn't. Those things are eeeeevil.

GG2, does RyanAir fly Amsterdam-Dublin? Or AirLingus? I might take the same flight as you guys to fly there and then come back directly to Geneva.

Ax, did you get a code already???? Oh man, everything is looking SO great for this summer.

GG2, does RyanAir fly Amsterdam-Dublin? Or AirLingus? I might take the same flight as you guys to fly there and then come back directly to Geneva.

RyanAir flies from Germany. AerLingus is your best bet, the flight is 2 way 115 euros, or one way 75. Would be fun to have you travel with us! :D

Not yet, but I'll get a U2.com membership tomorrow so that I can participate.

Yeah, since Dublin II is now on U2.com and advertised to go on general sale on the 20th, I'm pretty confident it'll be in the presale along with the first show. I think they realise there is such demand for Dublin that spreading it out over the two shows is the most sensible thing to do.

I'm honestly happy to book now, but let's consult Alison tomorrow (or if she appears tonight) to make sure she's comfortable with that. I reckon we should probably just stay in Dublin ... especially if the third show is announced for the 28th rather than the 27th or something.

GG2, you should remove the barcode from the image file, I think! Never know what the lurkers can do!

It's cut off. :wink: I know I need to be careful with that. You can't read it if it's only a wee bit of the code, it's about three times that size.

Not yet, but I'll get a U2.com membership tomorrow so that I can participate.

Yeah, since Dublin II is now on U2.com and advertised to go on general sale on the 20th, I'm pretty confident it'll be in the presale along with the first show. I think they realise there is such demand for Dublin that spreading it out over the two shows is the most sensible thing to do.

I'm honestly happy to book now, but let's consult Alison tomorrow (or if she appears tonight) to make sure she's comfortable with that. I reckon we should probably just stay in Dublin ... especially if the third show is announced for the 28th rather than the 27th or something.

Ah nice!

That sounds like U2.com actually THOUGHT about something in advance. Interesting!

Okay I'll wait for that, I'll get the plane tickets as soon as I know wether you guys are travelling back with me so I'd know how many 2 way tickets I need to get. if one of you could do the condo that'd be great, since i don't have a creditcard.

We were staying from the 23rd till the 30 or 31th right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom