Are you a U2 Fanatic?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpaceGirl

The Fly
I was just surfing pleba one day when I realized that my friend has turned me in to a huge U2 fan. In fact I was on the phone and we where making plans to go to U2 concerts. I know. The tour has not even been anounced. We don't even Know when they will be here but we still found ourselves talking about it. It was way wierd Three years ago if you had asked me if I know who U2 is I whould have said "I don't know".
It is like in the movie "Four Weddings and a Funeral" where a girl said she thought U2 was a submarine.
does anyone have simmilar stories or am I just wierd?

heh, my e-mail is U2Fanatic85@hotmail.com

Anyway, your friend sounds really special. Cudos to her :) My dad became a bit of a fan when he and I went to see them in concert (11/05/01). Yeah, it was great. He said they were the best live band he's ever seen (but who wouldn't say that after seeing them perform?!). Yah, greatstuff. "War" is one of his favorite albums, now :) (he loves the song "Surrender").

In the spring of 2001 my friend made me a U2 mix CD...2 years and 10,000 pictures of Bono later, I think it's safe to say I'm hooked. Whenever I think on the time I met Bono, shook his hand, looked him straight in the eye, I consider how ignorantly hopeless I was two years ago....

I try to spread the love. I've more or less converted my boyfriend and surprisingly, even his father. I'm working on my little sis. She's 14 and bought the new Best Of on her own and also saved up all of her paper route money and bought a Fender electric guitar (Edge is her favorite), so I'm not worried....

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

I try to spread the love. I've more or less converted my boyfriend and surprisingly, even his father. I'm working on my little sis. She's 14 and bought the new Best Of on her own and also saved up all of her paper route money and bought a Fender electric guitar (Edge is her favorite), so I'm not worried....

That must have been one heck of a paper route....hehe.

Yeah, I'd say I'm a fanatic I suppose. And I have had the joy of converting many a people to the ways of U2. Even my wonderful mother....she is constantly stealing my cds.

I haven't converted anyone yet, and I stress YET, though I have educated the masses at my school about who's who in the band and enlightened thme to the fact that it's "bono" not "bone-o". Anywho, I was converted by my friend Shannon, who is 25 or so and therefore was around for Zoo Tv. Anywho, I was staying over at her house and we were going through her tape collection of stuff she'd recorded off of TV. One of the tapes she had was the Zoo TV outside broadcast from 1992(?). anyway, at first I was bored with the tape, then Bono came up through the elevator and did that kick/jump thing at the beginning of Zoo Station:
Me--> O_O
after the concert, she'd taped a few videos and I was then introduced to the glory of MacPhisto via Lemon....so there ya go! that's my story and I'm sticking to it! I've been a fan ever since and always will be, since U2 is the musical equivelent of drugs(must...have.....MORE......:crack: ) :lol:

well it is pretty safe to say I am a fanatic as well

surprisingly enough.. MTV fully converted me :lmao:
I always liked them (well.. since "Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me", when I first took notice of them) , but then there was this U2 day on German MTv... (when the Elevation tour started and stuff) and I was already really hooked up on the song
so I watched it.. and about 2 houres later.. I was totally nuts about them
They played so many of their songs wich I knew and always liked but never realized they were U2.. and the interviews wit th band members and just the whole 1st insight in things regarding this band totally knocked me off my feet

so yeah.. *lol* I imediately bombarded my (then on line, now real life) friend with e-mails how cool they ar eand blabla bla.. sending pics telling her to listen to this and this song..

:shifty:

she still curses me for being responsible for HER U2 craze :lol:
She was always a Larry girl.. but now additionally she starts dicovering the Adam hotness as well.. she is deadly worried that she gets drawn into it even more :D

Last edited:
Fanatic, I must confess, Yes! It's all interference's fault, however. :wink: I have been a fan since the song " New Years Day", and fell in love during the JT era, but nothing compares to how much I got into U2 after I discovered interference. That was quite by acccident one day at work. We had just been given access to the internet and I did a U2 search. The sheer number of sites amazed me. I came across zootopia, but wasn't that interested it the site. Then someone mentioned interference in a post and I came here. Well, that was that. Since late last year I've had a computer at home and it's been even better. I check out u2log and u2.com & some other sites on occasion, but I don't stay away too much. No need too. U2 and interference rule:up:

Last edited:
I will my roommate by the end of next spring semester, if it's the last thing I do. She can't share a room with me and not like U2.

Besides, I need someone to go to U2 concerts with me when the looming future tour gets started!

Am I a U2 fanatic? You bet your bottom dollar that I am! (And btw, what a silly expression that is, huh?)

I was introduced to U2 by my first grade teacher when I had to spend about 3-4 hours after school with her since my father was not able to pick me up from school. She introduced me to "With or Without You" and let me borrow her CD of The Joshua Tree. I eventually ended up keeping it :D

I grew a little out of U2 around the time of the BSB/N Sync boyband pop craze :no: (I'm telling you, I was brainwashed! :yes:) and got back into liking them when the Best of 1980-1990 collection was released (particularily, the music video for "The Sweetest Thing") and have stayed a loyal fan[atic] since then. :)

As for converting people into fans, I have only suceeded with one person; my sister. I'll eventually convert some more people. I need someone to go to U2 concerts with me after they tour again. :wink:

Last edited:
I convert people left and right to the ways of U2 :lol: literally everyone who knows me sends the non U2 fans and the somewhat U2 fans in my direction, and they know that they will be converted after at least one talk with me :laugh:

Yeah when my friend first talked about U2 I thought yeah it's just another one of her things, I'll just go along with it. She got me the All You Can't Leave Behind and POP CD I was hooked I realy liked them. All The U2 CD's I own she got me. She even got me the U2 poster and gave me the U2 calander for my birthday. I have not converted anyone yet but I have choosen my first victom, oopps I mean Futer U2 Fanatic.:wink:

Last edited:
hehe, my livejournal username is u2fanatic!

I'm driving from california to cleveland to see their exhibit at the RARHOF, i'd say that's fanatical.

I pretty much keep my fanaticism it to myself. My adult housemates don't tease me, but they don't really want to talk about the music, or listen to more than they run into in everyday life. My young nephew, however, is like a sponge about U2, bless him.
This place is where I can let my hair down.

Yes and probably worse than ever! I had the honor of being hooked on U2 as a teenager in their heyday. I fell for them with War and got hooked all the way through the glory days of the 80's! As hot as that was I think I am actually worse since I got on the internet during the Elevation tour :uhoh: So it's a combination of a U2/internet kick and I can't break free! :scream: Okay who wants to :reject: ;)

I'm a fanatic! I've said this before but until my second year of college I didn't even know 80's and 90's U2 were the same band, even though I liked all the songs I'd heard. My friend converted me, and I haven't looked back since.

And yeah, the internet helped a bit. I killed the original hard drive on my computer with songs and pictures. Now I have about 100 random U2 songs on my WinAmp and if I haven't gone over 3000 pictures yet, I will very soon!

U2Kitten said:
Yes and probably worse than ever! I had the honor of being hooked on U2 as a teenager in their heyday. I fell for them with War and got hooked all the way through the glory days of the 80's! As hot as that was I think I am actually worse since I got on the internet during the Elevation tour :uhoh: So it's a combination of a U2/internet kick and I can't break free! :scream: Okay who wants to :reject: ;)

You just summed it up for me as well...almost what I was going to write! Thanks! :wink: My love for them has always been there but there a times when it seems to be more intense I guess is how you could put it and the last couple years it's been that way. Their music has been a part of my life for so long that I cant even imagine that it ever wont be.

As for converting anyone I guess you could include my mom. She is in her 60's and actually likes U2 and will watch the videos, has alerted me when she shes Bono on TV etc. Yes she is a Bono girl and every now and then will say she has no idea why but she really likes him...she has been known to declare "I just love him!"

Kariann said:
As for converting anyone I guess you could include my mom. She is in her 60's and actually likes U2 and will watch the videos, has alerted me when she shes Bono on TV etc. Yes she is a Bono girl and every now and then will say she has no idea why but she really likes him...she has been known to declare "I just love him!"

:mad: *jealous* My mom has become de-converted in the last few months. She was briefly an Edger when they were on the Today show before the Oscars, and even made the "You too!" joke a few times, and now she just gives me the hairy eyeball whenever anything is remotely U2ish.

I think I forgot to mention before that I converted my brother. He liked JT, and got ATYCLB for Christmas 2000, but then complained that some of the songs sounded like they rhymed for the sake of rhyming. I managed to get him to listen again, and hear what the words were saying and not how they sounded. He goes through phases when he's more into it than other times, but otherwise he's hooked. :D

My sisters are somwhat into U2 they will listen occasonaly but they are not up the wall about them. Sometimes they see me watching U2 video's and they are like "oh not again" but then other times they will sit and watch the video's with me.
But I did not get them to be that way, again my friend did.:p

Do you even need to ask?

OMG!! :combust: :crazy: :hug:
Just take a look at my name<<<< YeS!! Big time baby! Love the boys...been a fanatic since 1987!

Love them and the music till the end of time!

:heart:

I have just taken 2 of my friends to Brighton to stay with me for 5 days....and all I played was this U2 mixed tape I had made and now I have converted my friend Jenny to being a U2 fan and my other friend Vicky likes them more!!! lol they especially love the song LEMON at the moment! :)

And Jenny said she HAS to see U2 live in 2004 after me showing her the ZOO TV tour video! :)

I am a bit of a U2 fanatic ... in a good way of course ... :D

I have tried to get people converted to U2, but :( with not much success. Although, there was this one guy who suddenly decided he was in love with me (having met me once) and upon hearing that my answer to the favourite band question was U2, immediately declared his mutual admiration for the band ... and then when I asked him what his favourite U2 song was, he turned kind of white.

BTW ... when he asked me out I said no ... I appreciated his efforts but really, you can't feign an interest in U2. It has to be genuine! :yes: Like all of you guys! It's fantastic to hear all of your U2 stories!

SpaceGirl said:
All The U2 CD's I own she got me. She even got me the U2 poster and gave me the U2 calander for my birthday. I have not converted anyone yet but I have choosen my first victom, oopps I mean Futer U2 Fanatic.:wink:

Awww!!! That is sooooo nice!! So... what's that friend of your's name? :sexywink:

I was converted in 1988 by my stepdad(R.I.P.)I watched R&h with him a million times and gave his copy of JT.I been a total fanatic...not in a scary,wierd way.I own all thier albums,videos,dvd's,magazine covers,and i have 2 tapestries on my wall.My srepdad like the whole band.Me...i went for Adam..:drool:I remember our excursions to Oakland,Ca for the Zoo t.v. indoors and the Popmart cancert. We had a blast.I didn't go to the Elevation concert in San Jose because he was dying.I sacrificed not going to the concert to take care of him.His last night alivr i sang Walk On to him with tears in my eyes.He must have heard me because he moved when i said goodbye.I knew that was his Last Night On Earth.:( I miss him dearly.I'm glad he converted me.I'm trying to do that to my friends and family.That's my story..Thanks!

This is dedicated to Claude Wright a.k.a Fins (8/6/52-11/18/01)

Ahhhhhhhhh .... :(

My mother passed away during the summer of 2001, also ... and Walk On was the song that got *me* through the whole ordeal. Hugs to you.

Back
Top Bottom