Are u2 really still THE biggest band in the world?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Why isnt she cashing in on these untapped market then? She is a money making exercise after all! Nothing less. practically anyone could have been a Mylie Cyrus(given the same backing....thats the sad part for me. I dont think she could do a stadium tour outside of the Americas

I don't think she could do a stadium tour in the Americas. She is absolutely loathed by the vast majority of rational people over the age of eleven here.

I hate to be the one to inform you, but Miley Cyrus does, in fact, fill stadiums by herself.

well there was a huge demand for her a couple of years ago but that was for arena tour not stadium, at least here, but if she is filling stadiums or has in the last couple of years its news to me. And i would like to see the boxscores on that just out of curiousity, i suppose. I guess the average age of her typical fan is 10-12? Most of those kids will have forgotten about her in 3 years, if not sooner.

Is anyone else doing a stadium tour right now?

She is currently on an arena tour, not stadiums.

Isn't Bruce doing stadiums right now? And I read something a while back about Axl wanting to take G'N'R on a stadium tour worldwide. Don't know what ever happened with that. Foam injections, most likely.

Comparing Miley Cyrus with U2 is plain stupid. And yes, U2 is still biggest band with selling out stadiums all over the world. Average attendance for 360 tour is over 70000 per show and I dont think even Stones could match that. And NLOTH is not doing that bad being the second highest selling record this year.

U2 right now are exactly like they were in 1997. And all those artists mentioned above -- Taylor Swift, Kings of Leon, Rihanna, etc. -- are exactly like Hanson, Jewel, and Puff Daddy were in 1997. That is, 12 years from now, they'll be minor artists with small profiles.

Whether U2 makes another jump back into the pop charts remains to be seen, but I wouldn't bet against them as they seem to be like Jason in Friday the 13th -- they just never go away.

:applaud:

Just ask the average person on the street, "who is the greatest band in the world right now," and you will get your answer.

who cares is the correct answer. They can care as it is their band, and their baby, and good luck to them, but as many have said, they are the biggest band in MY world, so I hope they keep doing what they want to do

The Wiggles. Good Lord. :crack:

Can you imagine a real band dressing up in weird ass costumes and jumping all over the stage?

...uhhh...oh. :shifty:

there have been times when that "Party in the USA" song has come on the radio and i haven't switched stations.

maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom