Another one bites the dust: Divorce...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it looks like Lenny is just a friend who was giving her a place to hide, good for him

MIAMI—Alex Rodriguez's wife filed for divorce Monday, calling her husband an adulterer who "emotionally abandoned his wife and children."

"The marriage of the parties is irretrievably broken because of the husband's extramarital affairs and other marital misconduct," according to Cynthia Rodriguez's petition for dissolution of marriage, filed in the family division of Miami-Dade County Circuit Court.

The New York Yankees third baseman, who earned his 12th All-Star selection Sunday, has refused to comment on his relationship with Madonna, who denied any romantic involvement with the slugger in a statement posted Sunday on people.com.

"The petitioner has exhausted every effort to salvage the marriage of the parties," Cynthia Rodriguez said in the filing. "However, Alex has emotionally abandoned his wife and children and has left her with no choice but to divorce him."

Rodriguez's attorney in Miami, Ira M. Elegant, said he had not reviewed the divorce petition but added: "As you know, anyone can pay the filing fee and make allegations."

Elegant also represents NBA star Shaquille O'Neal in his ongoing divorce from his wife, Shaunie.

A telephone message left for a Rodriguez spokesman Monday was not immediately returned.

The couple, who married in November 2002, have a $12 million, six-bedroom house in the upscale Miami suburb of Coral Gables. A company run by a corporation controlled by Rodriguez bought an apartment at Trump Park Avenue in Manhattan for $7.4 million in July 2005.

Cynthia Rodriguez has asked for primary custody of their two children, as well as child support and alimony.

Their two daughters are Natasha Alexander, 3, and 2-month-old Ella Alexander.

The filing comes just days after the third baseman was linked to Madonna in various media outlets. Cynthia Rodriguez later visited the Paris home of rocker Lenny Kravitz, who said she came to France to escape the media frenzy in New York and denied anything improper.

Cynthia Rodriguez's lawyer, Maurice Kutner, declined to elaborate on the filing, which does not mention Madonna or any other alleged paramours by name.

"Cynthia has made it very clear to me that she wants to take the high road and protect her children and herself. There's no vindictiveness here," Kutner said. "She wants to resolve the issues between Alex and herself in an amicable fashion."

The couple has had prenuptial agreement in place since Oct. 3, 2002, according to the divorce papers.

The divorce petition was filed the day after Rodriguez hit his 536th homer, tying Yankees Hall of Famer Mickey Mantle for 13th place.

Rodriguez is in the first season of a $275 million, 10-year contract with the Yankees, a deal that allows him to earn up to $305 million. He made $185.45 million from 2001-7 from his contract with the Texas Rangers and Yankees.

:( I thought they might have a good shot

Drew Barrymore and Justin Long have broken up, her rep confirms to PEOPLE.

"I can confirm the split with no additional comment," said the spokesperson.

Barrymore, 33, and Long, 30, were first linked in August of last year, when they were spotted at the Los Angeles hotspot the Chateau Marmont.

By November, the pair – who costar together in He's Just Not That Into You – were getting serious. They spent a PDA-packed holiday in Connecticut, including Thanksgiving with Long's family in his hometown of Fairfield.

In the following months, the couple seemed inseparable, partying in Vegas, celebrating Barrymore's birthday with Cameron Diaz in Los Angeles and hiking in Hollywood.

In the March issue of Vogue, Barrymore said of the relationship, "My cheeks hurt, I'm so happy."

Long, appearing with Barrymore on The Oprah Winfrey Show, described her as "the most compassionate person I've ever met."

Barrymore and Long recently celebrated his birthday in Michigan, where they are both currently filming projects.

:sad: I thought Long and Barrymore the best coupling for the both of them. At least this split happened before marriage and won't entail a messy costly divorce. I thought they made a really cute couple too. Poor Drew...I hope she finds her soulmate and settles down.

NEW YORK — Jimmy Kimmel and Sarah Silverman have broken up, their publicists said Monday. "Jimmy and Sarah have no further comment," Kimmel's spokesman Lewis Kay told The Associated Press, confirming the split that was first reported on Vanity Fair magazine's Web site.

Silverman's publicist, Amy Zvi, confirmed the breakup in an e-mail message to the AP. Zvi didn't immediately respond when asked for further details.

The pair dated for five years, and were one of Hollywood's funniest and seemingly solid couples.

NEW YORK — Jimmy Kimmel and Sarah Silverman have broken up, their publicists said Monday. "Jimmy and Sarah have no further comment," Kimmel's spokesman Lewis Kay told The Associated Press, confirming the split that was first reported on Vanity Fair magazine's Web site.

Silverman's publicist, Amy Zvi, confirmed the breakup in an e-mail message to the AP. Zvi didn't immediately respond when asked for further details.

The pair dated for five years, and were one of Hollywood's funniest and seemingly solid couples.

:sad: No more f*ing.

Kate Hudson and Lance Armstrong called it quits this weekend after a three-month romance that went public when they were spotted in Austin, Texas in mid-May, Usmagazine.com exclusively reports.

"There was no drama or ugliness – They just decided to end things," a source close to the couple tells Us. "There is no hatred, just sadness."

The pair quickly became inseparable with sightings of them in Austin, New York and Los Angeles – though both dodged questions about their relationship.

In the short time they were together, the 29-year-old actress was seen with the 36-year-old cyclist at many of his races and events, including his three-day Lance Armstrong Livestrong Summit in Columbus, Ohio this past weekend.

It was at the conference that Hudson and Armstrong decided to go their separate ways, a source tells Us.

I never thought that would last. To me it was just a fling.

Morgan Freeman is divorcing.

Report: Morgan Freeman divorcing wife of 24 years, Myrna Colley-Lee

Report: Morgan Freeman divorcing wife of 24 years, Myrna Colley-Lee

By KORIN MILLER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, August 6th 2008, 3:32 PM
Morgan Freeman is reportedly divorcing his longtime wife. Click pic for a photo gallery on his movie career. Corkery/News

Morgan Freeman is reportedly divorcing his longtime wife. Click pic for a photo gallery on his movie career.

Morgan Freeman is divorcing his wife of 24 years, according to a new report.

Freeman's business partner, attorney Bill Luckett, told "Access Hollywood" that the "Dark Knight" star and his wife, Myrna Colley-Lee, "are involved in a divorce action."

The surprising news comes just days after the Academy Award-winner broke his arm and elbow in a serious car accident.

CLICK HERE FOR A PHOTO GALLERY OF FREEMAN'S MOVIE CAREER.

His passenger, Demaris Meyer, 48, is reportedly a friend of Freeman's wife. It's unclear why the two were together on Monday.

Freeman is expected to be released in a few days from the Memphis, Tenn., hospital where he is being treated.

The actor, 71, married his wife in 1984 after eight years of dating. He has four children from two previous relationships.

Freeman's publicist had no comment on Wednesday.

The actor rose to fame with supporting roles in "Driving Miss Daisy" and "Glory," and later won an Oscar in 2005 for "Million Dollar Baby."

No divorce yet but wow, eight weeks

chris-kattan-divroce-b.jpg

No joke: After just eight weeks of marriage, Saturday Night Live alum Chris Kattan and his wife, model Sunshine Tutt, have split.

"Separated for the moment. No plans for divorce at this time," his rep tells Usmagazine.com.

Kattan, 37, and Tutt, 31 — who began dating in 2005 after meeting at a birthday party — tied the knot this past June 28 in Yosemite Valley, Calif.

He popped the question at Tutt's grandmother's home in Gainesville, Texas, on Christmas Eve 2006. He gift wrapped the ring in a present.

"She is so kind, sweet and very beautiful. She's also very funny which always is a great thing. She's also very much like me," Kattan blogged on his Web site in August 2005.

"She makes me very happy," he went on. "It feels real and honest and I have more of a continuous smile than I have ever had before."

Chris Kattan and Sunshine Tutt were only married for 59 days -- but that doesn't mean she isn't going home with a nice consolation prize.

Sources tell TMZ there was prenup that would've given Tutt less than 10 grand -- but a renegotiation just upped the ante to a low six-figure sum.

Tutt's lawyer, Ronald Richards, told us: "My client is very relieved that she can leave this two month marriage with some resources that will allow her to rebuild her life."

Chris Kattan and Sunshine Tutt were only married for 59 days -- but that doesn't mean she isn't going home with a nice consolation prize.

Sources tell TMZ there was prenup that would've given Tutt less than 10 grand -- but a renegotiation just upped the ante to a low six-figure sum.

Tutt's lawyer, Ronald Richards, told us: "My client is very relieved that she can leave this two month marriage with some resources that will allow her to rebuild her life."

I'm more surprised to hear that Kattan has a net value greater than the low six figures.

Back
Top Bottom