Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i second that moonwalker request. Or any knowledge/pics of the bvlgari's. thanks for that pic in your last post.

Just using the dvds as easy reference points most of everyone has seen, can u tell which model is on the Boston dvd and which on the Slane dvd?

On both Boston and Slane DVDs, Bono is wearing the blue 611s. The colour code for these was 102 if memory serves my right.

On both Boston and Slane DVDs, Bono is wearing the blue 611s. The colour code for these was 102 if memory serves my right.

I agree. I believed the color code was 102. I think this was the only color code he wore. (correct me if im wrong). I just wasnt sure if was 611 or 610's as his onstage model for the tour.

I've done some digging thru these old threads and came up with the following regarding his bvlgari use in early 2000's.

Bvlgari 519 102/7C - It's the recent blue wraparound
Bvlgari 519 102 - The transparent one
Bvlgari 519 101 - Not sure about the color number, but this is the one with dark brown lenses, and was used forexample in ES video

Bvlgari 611 102 - Blue, used during the Elevation Tour 1st and 2nd leg
Bvlgari 611 128 - Dark green, used in Elevation video

I dont think he ever wore the 610's. I think just cuz they look similar to the 611's, that they caught on around here.

Just got my Bvlgari 8025 732/87 in the mail today. Wow! United Shades is legit. Beautiful packaging and most importantly, the sunglasses are fantastic! At the beginning I thought Bono's new shades were hideous. But after getting it in the mail and wearing them, I now think they are up there with the the other Bvlgari's he donned back in the day: the 611's
They`re nice aren`t they! And they look really cool on! United Shades are a great company (leave it to us Italians...he he! Nothing but the best!)
When my glasses first arrived the leather case had a big scratch on it. I e-mailed them and they sent me another case and didn`t charge me for shipping or the case! Unluckily for me there was a misunderstanding when i was describing the case to them and they sent me the wrong shaped case! I e-mailed them again and they offered to send me yet another case, still free of charge, which arrived today! I had to describe it to them as being shaped like a Taco...he he, so they would not send the wrong one again. They didn`t want the other cases back either.
Not many companies would do all that just by taking your word for it, and definately not twice, and be so polite and efficient at the same time!

Would recommend them to anyone!!!!

Enjoy your glasses!

Cheers, Mikie!

611 :
light blue, emerald, pink/ruby/rose/red (whatever you want to call them :p), dark green

519 :
light blue, citrus, emerald, dark green, brown, flash gray, pink/ruby/rose/red

I'll try and search any pics of bono APPARENTLY wearing the 610 , that is something we debated for years here :hmm: , an still don't think we have a 100% positive answer by the way ?

As of where you can see those I posted in videos/photos :

611 :
blue -> the 2 dvds you and Anton mentioned, elevation video...
emerald -> david letterman show 2001 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXMSNRDcBMM
ruby -> stuck in a moment video, NFL one. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1crhk_video-single-u2-stuck-in-a-moment_music
dark green -> evil bono from Elevation video

519 :
blue -> all over the place
citrus -> this very one shot you should find in digging the old threads from the past years where Bono is reading a magazine
emerald -> pictures are also easy to find for those,
dark green -> pictures of Bono in Monaco's F1 Grand Prix
brown -> pictures and also Electrical Storm video and "when the stars go blue" with the Corrs (not the live8 version) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNmwWDCne8
flash gray -> loads of pic too, many occasions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvCKS2RY-vw
ruby -> many pictures, but also in video during the live8 singing "when the stars go blue" with the corrs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV_dbCF1jOA

And an example of a VERY misleading shot :
Elevation.jpg

this shot is from the Elevation video, where bono sure as hell wears 611. However the angle here makes the glasses look smaller and (for myself at least) I dont see the bit of the lenses above the silver clip, getting them to look very much like 610

Hi Gabe:wave:

I do believe that the citrus pair is Bono's personal pair, since the picture above was taken by the makers of the Elevator fanzine. If you look closely, you can see him reading said magazine.

Hi Gabe:wave:

I do believe that the citrus pair is Bono's personal pair, since the picture above was taken by the makers of the Elevator fanzine. If you look closely, you can see him reading said magazine.

Hey what's happening? :)

You could very well be right..but there is a story of Mr LeMon meeting Bono and taking a picture in that very stairwell...maybe it was with the blue 519s though, don't remember..

But I don't think those are Bono's personal pair though....aren't the Mr LeMon's, when he met Bono? I think they swapped glasses for that pic...or something like that..

Mr LeMon, paging Mr LeMon?

:)

nononono. Those are his personal. When we swapped shades, mine were some cheap gucci replicas ;) Got 519 only in purple and blue

nononono. Those are his personal. When we swapped shades, mine were some cheap gucci replicas ;) Got 519 only in purple and blue

Then only me and Bono have these? I wonder why he never wore them alot, he wears his other citrus models out alot..I wonder if he broke them or something. They truly are pretty much the nicest most snazzy looking shades he's ever worn imo. EDIT: ok the red and the flash bronze 519s are super nice also.

Yes. Just the two of you. Or so it seems. I was wondering the same thing. I have only seen photographs of the citrus ones, so I can only guess how neat they look in real...I bet they look ACE!

And incidentally, they're probably worth a mint, right?

To be honest I don't know how much they're worth, I mean I paid the same price as all the others..but probably "worth" more than that now..although I can't imagine a pair I'd be willing to trade them for. Even the flash bronze and red, even though I'd love to get those back..even those I'm not sure so I'd trade for. Hmm. ;)

To be honest I don't know how much they're worth, I mean I paid the same price as all the others..but probably "worth" more than that now..although I can't imagine a pair I'd be willing to trade them for. Even the flash bronze and red, even though I'd love to get those back..even those I'm not sure so I'd trade for. Hmm. ;)

I do have 611 in Citrus... I will try to post some pics this weekend. :wave:

I have a pair of Bvlgari 8025 901/8G for trade if anyone is interested. If so, just let me know what you have for trade and if I see something I like, we can deal.

These are the darker faded-grey lenses with shiny black arms, not the current 732/87 model.

I have posted pics comparing the two below. 732/87 on the left, 901/8G for trade on the right.

25492-albums311-picture2348.jpg

25492-albums311-picture2349.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom