Angels too tied to the ground

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropa man

Refugee
Over the weekend I had a chance to listen to the b-sides from the box set that I got over two weeks ago and I found this one song to be awesome. Can't get it out of my head. Have any of you heard it? Thoughts?

I think the music is amazing, but the vocals seem vvv unfinished even tho they have being re-recorded this year,:scratch:, its the Edge that makes this one special for me great new years day esq backing vocals and also great catchy piano playing, Bono seems not interested, his vocals are weak and effortless, pity, it could have being somthing special.

I agree with all of the above. Great tune that never got finished until this day. You really can't make out the lyrics for the most part. Some good stuff but not finished. Guess that is how they wanted to release it. Oh well... :up:

I like it, but I also do not like Bono's vocal style. He's doing this odd, whispered falsetto type thing, while cramming the words together. He does the same thing on "Wave of Sorrow," which bugs me. It's a minor complaint, but I hope he doesn't make a habit of doing this all the time.

Fine, I guess I'll be the sole voice of dissention. This is probably one of the five worst U2 songs ever...easy to see why it (until now) wasn't allowed to see the light of day. And what is it with the two re-recordings from these remasters ("Wave of Sorrow" and "Angels Too Tied to the Ground")? Did Edge have to flip a coin ("you can only bring your guitar or your piano to the studio, not both!") and it came up tails ("piano it is!")???

I prefer Wave of Sorrow over Angels a gazillion times. Angels might have been a decent song if they took their time to finish it. I don't like how it sounds right now. I wish they had finished the lyrics on that one, Bono's apparently nonsenical singing is freaking me out.

oh, chronology!

that's what the whole 90's era was about. they took the popmart lemon back in time utilizing the Zoo TV set as a launching area to go back to the early 80's and give themselves the ideas for ATTTG and WOS. that was the purpose of the zooropa "soldiers", they couldn't appear too familiar, so they went in disguise. which in turn gave them a sort of future vision.
oh time paradox, how you puzzle us.:D:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom