All U2 'lack of' whatever HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bra.

Look at those developing man-boobs he's got going there.

T.B.

I've got news for you: He's got these "moobs" for many many years.

:drool:

I have stop counting the photo shots of his mouth wide open

You're right. He should definitely sing with his mouth closed. :tsk:

Bono's physical condition is fine. It's good he has a little flash on his bones, makes him more resistent and apparently a better singer :sexywink:

Plus he's quite broad and stocky. He's got thick wrists, broad shoulders, short thick legs and a thick neck.

Bono is less energetic than he used to be.
Bono uses the catwalk less than is desirable.
Bono is much more energetic than most 49 year olds.

hamilton is nice up in the hills, around the escarpment

yes, he speaks French too
I find this fun!:lol:
Look where I am from... the Hamilton Wentworth area. :wave:
I was thrilled when Daniel got U2 to our *butt ugly* city for the Elevation tour.:hyper: Bono even said that they had never played here but had visited before. Our area didn`t seem too offensive to him.
Thanks VP and Subnet for your defense!:hug:

Although I used to live in South Kensington, Saturday was my first visit to the Science Museum... whilst there I noticed that Astronaut's shoes are remarkably similar to Bono's.

Plus he's quite broad and stocky. He's got thick wrists, broad shoulders, short thick legs and a thick neck.

You're describing the man of my dreams here :drool:

:lol:

Although I used to live in South Kensington, Saturday was my first visit to the Science Museum... whilst there I noticed that Astronaut's shoes are remarkably similar to Bono's.

Hmm, so Bono's isn't really "getting ready to leave the ground"? :ohmy:

I've seen a few shows now and I've seen no lack of energy, he was running around and screaming all night. Best U2 gigs I've been to since PopMart.

Loads of energy when you see Bono up close. We were front (at the rail) in the inner circle on Friday and Saturday and could see the sweat flying off him. Just remember the sheer scale of the stage. Attach a pedometer to the man and you'd probably find he walks/runs a great distance during the show. Friday didn't reach the heights but Saturday was the best of the 10 U2 shows I've seen live since '92.

Not to forget the stress and the fact that it has about 100 degrees on stage.

A person who isn't fit enough would probably have a heart attack if they do what Bono does.

The difference between onstage Bono pre-Zoo TV and onstage Bono post-Zoo TV (and especially post-PopMart, which is to say, this decade's Bono) is that the old (younger) Bono appeared natural and unselfconscious onstage, whereas the newer (older) Bono appears self-conscious onstage. That is, Bono of the 2000s does poses, worries about looking cool, shouts at the audience in the same way every night during guitar solos, and appears to calculate every little move for maximum, age-defying, dramatic effect.

It was actually a sad day for U2 when Bono discovered 'cool' (sometime around 1988), because he was so good at being uncool that when he tries to be cool, he not only fails (which would be fine if he weren't trying), but he fails spectacularly the more he tries (which is bad, because he's trying).

All verbal silliness aside, it has been a bit of a dilemma for him onstage since the "irony" went out of U2's stage performance. He doesn't want to make people think he's the old Bono from the 80s anymore, but he also doesn't want to be super-ironic Bono. He therefore seems to try being "cooler" as his 2000s' approach, but obviously he can't pull that off.

These are all reasons why Bono deserves more money than Larry, heh, heh...

The difference between onstage Bono pre-Zoo TV and onstage Bono post-Zoo TV (and especially post-PopMart, which is to say, this decade's Bono) is that the old (younger) Bono appeared natural and unselfconscious onstage, whereas the newer (older) Bono appears self-conscious onstage. That is, Bono of the 2000s does poses, worries about looking cool, shouts at the audience in the same way every night during guitar solos, and appears to calculate every little move for maximum, age-defying, dramatic effect.

It was actually a sad day for U2 when Bono discovered 'cool' (sometime around 1988), because he was so good at being uncool that when he tries to be cool, he not only fails (which would be fine if he weren't trying), but he fails spectacularly the more he tries (which is bad, because he's trying).

All verbal silliness aside, it has been a bit of a dilemma for him onstage since the "irony" went out of U2's stage performance. He doesn't want to make people think he's the old Bono from the 80s anymore, but he also doesn't want to be super-ironic Bono. He therefore seems to try being "cooler" as his 2000s' approach, but obviously he can't pull that off.

Nice try, but to me, Bono is the uncoolest rockstar I've ever seen.

And I do think he's aware of his own silliness.

I have to admit, back in the days of Zoo TV I think he became cool by accident, and it all sort of spontaneously happened. Another subject of the matter is I think Bono used his personas to be a certain way that he wouldn't feel comfortable doing in his own skin - even though he is in his own skin hehe.

These days I think he feels comfortable enough in his own skin he doesn't have to hide behind certain personas he created in the past to act a certain way.

Bono needs to pretend that he's running away from Chris Martin, since some of his moves can freakout basically anyone or anything. This will improve Bono's energy. :up:

He did run the whole circle during WTSHNN at Amsterdam I i saw it myself.

I don't think he might be as energetic as a couple of years back but he still is very very much alive and kicking and id rather have him singing the songs great then having him out of breath messing stuff up.

Precisely! Id rather have him singing the songs great, than having to run a marathon around a huge circle. Id like to see half of US who cant even hold a tune run that circle...and still sing!!!!!!!

As long as he moves around so everyone gets a good view/moment, I htink that is enough to expect .... he can still walk and sing, right?! lol

Some days we agree, some days not so much, and some days I think we may live on different planets...

Bono, and U2 in general have ALWAYS been self conscious!!! Read reviews back in 83 and you'll find that one of the things reviewers commented on was this very fact...

I think it just comes off differently once you get older. They want their money back when you're alive at 33...

I just read a review today about Depeche Mode and they made a comment about Dave taking off his shirt, I remember reading a recent review about Jagger and how his dance moves seem so akward now, and I think any of us who watched the SuperBowl remember Bruce's odd crotch in the camera and the somewhat unnatural guitar moves... But if a 20 year was doing any of this, we probably wouldn't think twice.

Will you shake your big fat ass?

I mean... Bono. :wink:

Some days we agree, some days not so much, and some days I think we may live on different planets...

Bono, and U2 in general have ALWAYS been self conscious!!! Read reviews back in 83 and you'll find that one of the things reviewers commented on was this very fact...

I think it just comes off differently once you get older. They want their money back when you're alive at 33...

I just read a review today about Depeche Mode and they made a comment about Dave taking off his shirt, I remember reading a recent review about Jagger and how his dance moves seem so akward now, and I think any of us who watched the SuperBowl remember Bruce's odd crotch in the camera and the somewhat unnatural guitar moves... But if a 20 year was doing any of this, we probably wouldn't think twice.

Dude, my 'self-conscious' analysis is not about the band in general but specifically about Bono's approach while onstage, performing. And it was kinda tongue-in-cheek, so don't worry about it.

Actually, the poster above (somewhere) is right -- when you get older, it is easier to just be comfortable in yourself. I do think, however, that Bono feels kind of duty-bound to try to play the "rock-star" sometimes, even though he obviously knows that he can't pull it off with any conviction (he's more of a priest than a rock star at the most hedonistic of times).

Man! I wish he would just strip his shirt off at one of these 360 shows. Now, that would be cool!

Dude, my 'self-conscious' analysis is not about the band in general but specifically about Bono's approach while onstage, performing. And it was kinda tongue-in-cheek, so don't worry about it.

Calm down. No one is worried... I said Bono(and U2 in general) has always been self concious.

I think the other thing to take into consideration as to why Bono may not be using the catwalk as much as you think he should, the catwalk is huge compared to previous tours, it's a long way back to the stage.

his furious strumming of the Irish Falcon during NLOTH uses up all his energy for the rest of the show. :rockon:

I guess it's his age- when they did Zoo Station on the Vertigo tour, Bono reprised some his Fly acting, but I don't think his back could handle much goosestepping.

Back
Top Bottom