All Southern Hemisphere tour information/rumours here please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure once the shows happen and the final numbers come in, each show will do fairly well. I'm surprised that Moscow, Athens and Istanbul are selling so poorly, considering all 3 are countries U2 has never played in before (I know, Thessaloniki in 1997, but pretty much). The German shows selling poorly is no surprise to me, I'm surprised they are doing so many. The Italian shows selling poorly is a bit of a surprise, considering their track record in Italy.

The thing is, for once U2 is meeting the demand. Paul's philosophy has always been to underplay each market, giving the illusion that the band is more popular than they are. This tour gives an accurate example of how big the demand is for U2. And it's enormous, people. Yes, Italian and Spanish dates are slow sellers, but they already played to a lot of people in those countries last year, so it might take a little time. No other band can sell tickets like this.

If the sales aren't up to expectations in Europe (also parts of N. America have plenty tickets left) then that at least ought to put some emphasis on getting Songs of Ascent out sooner rather than later. The publicity surrounding a new U2 album will undoubtedly help to sell some of those remaining seats.

I wouldn't be surprised to see U2 doing a quick jet-set mini promotional tour of TV appearances in the markets with tickets left in April/May.

However I also realise that comparisons with Madonna etc. are rather iffy given that U2 are playing the largest venues in town and typically with an additional 10-15,000 tickets on sale than with a typical stage configuration. Also whilst Western governments chirp on about economic recovery, the actual consumer in many markets says different. Just consider some of the upcoming stops on the tour - Spain with c. 20% unemployment, Greece which is almost on the brink of revolution...
:up:

Seriously, don't complain. Do you really want to be forced to buy tickets 9-12 months beforehand like some folks in Europe and North America?

when they originally announced the vertigo tour dates which were planned for Australia how much were the dates announced in advance for the planned concerts???

when they originally announced the vertigo tour dates which were planned for Australia how much were the dates announced in advance for the planned concerts???

it was november announcement/march shows if memory serves me correctly.

but i side with jen, i would buy them years in advance. we really don't care. we just want shows.

we won't even stand there during them with a furrowed brow if play the same setlist two nights in a row!

i would buy them 5 years in advance if i had to .

its desperate times down here.

hell yes :D

it was november announcement/march shows if memory serves me correctly.

but i side with jen, i would buy them years in advance. we really don't care. we just want shows.

we won't even stand there during them with a furrowed brow if play the same setlist two nights in a row!

:lol: . . . we'll leave the complaining to the 'eavesdroppers' and online listeners here instead :yes:

there's probably nothing in this but my heart got a little bit excited when I read 'Australia in a week' on twitter about an hour ago . . .

Gavin Friday (gavinfriday) on Twitter

(apols for not quite getting head around posting a tweet :doh: )

someone in the @u2.com forum is reporting that tripleM radio in australia is saying u2 will be playing there in November 2010 and that it will cost the band $10,000 per minute to operate..lol

There was a rigger at gold coast bdo last night wearing a U2360tour local rigger t-shirt.

I thought perhaps he was contracted to work 360 here, but alas im now thinking perhaps he is a muse employee (i was up the front waiting for muse, which was when i saw this dude) and he rigs for muse, and helped rig muse's gear when they opened on the 2nd leg.

perhaps a false alarm? :(

What's the point of releasing a new album after the tour?

Though there's nothing wrong with the 360 tour continuing on into 2011.

El Mercurio

This article say, according to McGuiness, U2 will come to sudamerica in early 2011 and also mention that will be a new album after the tour...

Sorry for my english!!

Really? Because all the Spanish-speaking people on my Facebook are freaking out today over an article (perhaps this one?) because it implies U2 is doubtful to return to South America this tour. *I* have no idea what it says though, though :shrug:

Really? Because all the Spanish-speaking people on my Facebook are freaking out today over an article (perhaps this one?) because it implies U2 is doubtful to return to South America this tour. *I* have no idea what it says though, though :shrug:

That was exactly my interpretation of the article also and I too am fluent in Spanish.

all it really says is they are looking at the possibility of playing there in early 2011 and they will play 45 shows in 2010 to total 90 shows for the 360 tour. i think australia will be moved to 2011 also.

And the tour won't start in Mexico city at the end of May either.Mcguinne$$ says in the interview that the tour starts in June in California.

Yeah, the article says there will most likely not be any other legs added to 2010. I hope they play at least the southern hemisphere in 2011. When you have the potential to do so much more why not do it? A lot of fans will be dissappointed. Sure, it may be expensive to transport their stages to South America and Australia, but they will end up with a profit no matter what. Also, the thing is a huge profit isn't the important thing, it's reaching out to their fanbase that really matters and playing a tour that has more diversity other than just Europe and America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom