***All GOLDEN GLOBE Discussion Goes HERE!***

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gosh, I'm so happy that they won! I was surprised because the press had been talking about Eminem and I thought he was going to win, but no--our guys did!!!
*does dance on ceiling*
These pix are *gorgeous*!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :love: :love: :heart: :heart: :silent: :censored:

YAAAAYYYYYY!!!! I'M SO HAPPY OUR BOYS WON! WHOO HOO! I really feel like I had been the winner!

And thanks for the pics, they all are so hot :drool: You made my day!

Here are two clips:

pnm://rm.bbc.net.uk/news/media/video/38714000/rm/_38714381_globes06_willis_vi.rm?start="00:01:14"

http://www.hfpa.com/video2003/13.rm

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
336626%3A%3B23232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323368%3B6%3A%3A47ot1lsi

336626%3A%3B23232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D933%3D72%3A%3Dxroqdf%3E2323368%3B6%3A9%3A%3Bot1lsi
h.o.l.y.

Last edited:
T H U D

Can anyone else just not stop grinning while looking at these pictures?
I am actually more obsessed with Bono and Edge now than I was yesterday...and even I didn't think that was possible.
:hyper: :bono: :heart: :edge: :dance:

I can't take it. These pics are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* falls off chair at work and falls into Bono-Edge induced coma*

coworker: "oh look, she's passed out again looking at U2 pictures at work!"

PIIIIIIIICS!!!!! YAAAAY!!

heh *embarrased laugh*

awesome pics...it's so great they won...that song is so cool, and it was so awesome the way it ended the movie and bono's intro about "gangs" was awesome and and edge whistling and so was edge's sprakly shirt even though my mom made fun of it and bono saying "fucking brilliant" was perfect and i'm so glad they didn't lose to eminem...i can't stand eminem as much as i can't stand jack nicholson (arg, can't beleive daniel day-lewis didn't win *grumble grumble*)

U2Kitten said:
Hey watermark people! (LLABLM, bammo2, Sicy, CSOBS, etc.) Please fix these! :cute:

X00200_9.JPG

X00199_9.JPG

:drool:

mmm, i love edgies sparkle shirt! yum!

does anyone have a copy of the tape with just the u2 parts that they're willing to send to me???

teehee said:

Here are two clips:

pnm://rm.bbc.net.uk/news/media/video/38714000/rm/_38714381_globes06_willis_vi.rm?start="00:01:14"

http://www.hfpa.com/video2003/13.rm

Thanks for the links! I didn't get to see any of the after-show stuff, that little blurb @ the hfpa address by B was really cute, and Edge was so sweet and humble in the background :cute:

Last edited:
The idiots at Eonline are already starting make fun of Bono, under there best and worst they have the following:

Best Reason to Invite Rock Stars to Awards Shows: Bono announcing it was "really, really fucking brilliant" that U2 won for Best Song.

Worst Reason to Do Same: While segueing into a Gangs of New York segment, Bono read a wild, freewheeling introduction understood by nobody.

This pisses me off to no end.

i am watching the E preshow again. Joan interviewed Bono and Edge and Ray Liotta. She is a tool. ignored Edge. Talked to Ray and for a second thought Ray was a part of U2? :der: lmfao Bono was just giving Joan a big eat shit look. i loved it! :yes: and nice comment Bono to Joan and about her calling you worst dressed. Bono and Edge y'all looked great last night!

AAAAAAH too cute! Too cute! Edge and Bono look like such a couple.

Bonomouth was in action!

Edge cuteness was in full effect!

A successful night from all angles. :yes:

How did we not hear about this one?

A blurb from E! Backstage:

http://www.eonline.com/Features/Awards/Golden2003/Backstage/index2.html

Bono Calls the Edge Edge: As in, "Edge came up with..." and "Edge played on it..." We don't know what the Edge calls Bono--the U2 guitarist didn't talk much.

Fortunately for those media personnel with recording equipment, Bono did talk much. The chatty rocker--who with the Edge wrote The Gangs of New York's "The Hands That Built America," honored as Best Original Song--gabbed about how it kinda irked him that the Italian-American Scorsese had made the great Irish-American epic. He gabbed about the film's deleted scenes. And he gabbed about the night he and the Edge narrowly escaped a mugging. (That last anecdote brought his first and last "fuck you" recitation of the night.) The Edge, meanwhile, nodded.

Never heard about them almost getting mugged before! :ohmy:

*edit*

Just found a little bit of clarification on Entertainment Weekly's site:
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,408582~1||401415|0~0~backstageatgoldenglobes,00.html

FIGHTING IRISH Bono, whose ''The Hands that Built America'' won for Best Song, was more interested in singing director Martin Scorsese's praises than his own winning tune. ''What Martin Scorsese is about is truth over romance, and that's why he deserves an award tonight,'' he said, relating how he was so affected by a screening of ''Goodfellas'' that he told a gun-wielding mugger to f--- off because the man had interrupted a discussion he was having with the Edge about the film. ''And if he doesn't, I know some Irish gangs who are going to visit you people with baseball bats.''

Last edited:
ramblin rose said:
Worst Reason to Do Same: While segueing into a Gangs of New York segment, Bono read a wild, freewheeling introduction understood by nobody.

You know what, I understood it and I thought it was fuckin brilliant! It was the best introduction for Best Picture of the evening! He was speaking in metaphors, which was probably why most of the people didn't get it.... silly Hollywood.

I still think the man is brilliant :)

U2Kitten said:

*comes in late to thread*
*first and foremost, rates it 1 billion stars*

OMG I :heart: that picture!!!!
AWWWWWWWWW:cute: :cute:

*more commenting to be expected as I continue to browse through thread...........*:der:

brdemi said:
This totally made my day! My favorite moment (that I haven't seen posted) was when Bono asked Joan Rivers if she thought his style had improved *fell to the floor laughing*

:laugh: :lol: OMG. I missed that.

:| :mad: :scream: :censored:

In further comments, did y'all see during the E! preshow, when Bono arrived on the red carpet you could hear the people in the stands screaming "Bono! Bono!" hee hee. It might have been a Hollywood gala, but rock stars are loved everywhere.

It wasn't however as good as during the VMA preshow when one of the vjs was trying to interview Ja Rule right in front of the fan stand and all you could see and hear where the fans trying to climb out of there seats and touch Bono, who was signing autographs right off camera. :D

Also, somebody tried to mug Bono and Edge with a gun? :eyebrow: :|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom