Album 13 Talk: Let's keep it civil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think U2 would have been using Studio 1 for the past few months. The other room is being prepared for someone else, which could be a promising sign that U2 have nearly finished and Epworth is moving on to the next act.
Or is that being too hopeful?

Fixed that for you. The comments that I saw all were hoping for Adele, so that's a promising sign. :up:

Fixed that for you. The comments that I saw all were hoping for Adele, so that's a promising sign. :up:

how do internet comments from fans of a different artist asking/telling a producer that they hope he's working with adele equate to a promising sign?

:huh: seems the one time i down-loaded music stuff from the Net - Solome sessions axtung bebe.....

i forgot or maybe accidently deleted the only clip of "Blow Your House Down" unless i never had it in the first place! :uhoh: :(

i do have 2 versions of "where did it all go wrong" another super fav of mine!

BUT 1 other song on my down load that almost no one ever talks about that's the other super fav (like LWTSH)of mine is "I Feel Free" ! :drool:

That beauty has the UTEOTW gutair part going onand takes the whole song in another direction. I love it as much as what we ended up with on AB.

It means U2's new album is imminent.

I also took THIS photo on Wednesday (when I saw the "coming soon" bit in the U2 section of FYE).

94043_original.jpg

They're also advertising Black Keys (due out May 13th according to official BK site), and the album on the other side of the U2 advert looks to have come out Apr 15th. :hmm:

So this may just be a marketing ploy, but if it is NOT a drill, I'm fully prepared to be all systems go.

I also took THIS photo on Wednesday (when I saw the "coming soon" bit in the U2 section of FYE).

94043_original.jpg

They're also advertising Black Keys (due out May 13th according to official BK site), and the album on the other side of the U2 advert looks to have come out Apr 15th. :hmm:

So this may just be a marketing ploy, but if it is NOT a drill, I'm fully prepared to be all systems go.

Maybe the manager of the local f.y.e. thinks that there's a looney u2 fan who keeps coming into the store looking for the new u2 album, so he put that out there as bait.

94043_original.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/The-Document-U2

71bzyZBmdeL._SL1425_.jpg

:lol: That photo is taken on the wrong part of the day. It lacks Bono's pizza!

And seriously, if anyone is taking random hopes from people or a random store's own ideas as a sign that a new albu is coming anytime soon....... just fucking don't. It's not coming out soon. it's not done and recorded. It'll be there when it'll be there.

GVOX I promise he wasn't fake, I said hi and he smiled but was moving really fast with security when he left. I was going to ask about the progress of the album but didn't get the chance.

what's FYE?

f.y.e. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

f.y.e. - for your entertainment

Basically a CD/DVD retail giant here in the US. I usually go in there for their used cds/dvds since they have a pretty decent trade-in program as well as frequent sales.

And seriously, if anyone is taking random hopes from people or a random store's own ideas as a sign that a new albu is coming anytime soon....... just fucking don't. It's not coming out soon. it's not done and recorded. It'll be there when it'll be there.

All I did was take pictures and post them. No different than the "oh I talked to Dallas/Edge/the man in the moon" posters. Or all the sharing of random music industry tweets.

FYE is a mass retail chain here. Not some random guy who owns his own record store. Like I said in earlier posts, this particular store's GM was instructed to put out the preorder/reserve info as per their district manager. And sure, it might just be hype. But you know what? There's always that small chance it isn't. And if it turns out to be the real deal, then good on them. I saw the adverts and figured it was worth posting here since we've had such little news as of late. It's certainly better than sitting around having the same old pointless arguments.

I didn't specifically mean you. I'm more thinking of random newbies flying by taking everything they read for real.

Even if it is a massive chain, it still is ONE store on the entire planet that has this. Which makes it nothing more than a speck of dust on the cover of Songs of Ascent rotting in Edge's basement.

Yeah, I don't care what District Manager heard from some corporate mucky-muck - I highly, HIGHLY doubt that any brick-and-mortal record store is going to have an inside scoop in 2014 before any online outlets/news.

Because 2014.

BURP!....excuse me, I ate my ham & cheese sandwich too fast.

I'm done with waiting for the new album, and catching up on reading.
I finally read Kerouac's "On The Road." Half-way through A.C. Doyle's
Sherlock Holmes series, finished reading "Naked Lunch" by William S.
Burroughs, and music-wise it's been Led Zeppelin for 2 weeks..

I see U2 are back in silent mode. What is there to report, anyways?
The album isn't finished. I don't even know if they scrapped everything
they've done and are starting from scratch...

Time for more Zeppelin. I have the need to head bang. :hyper:

And why not some Captain Beefheart too, while I'm in a music mood too

Last edited:
Thoughts on the ad for the new U2 "Coming Soon" album.

Some DM noticed U2 hasn't released an album in a very long time.
"Hmm," he thinks. "Sales are a bit down. I have the perfect solution
aimed at U2 fans. I'll instruct my GM to put out a fake "coming soon"
ad for the new U2 album. Some poor soul might fall for it, and actually
pre-order it." What about false advertising his conscious says?
"Ahh...never mind. I can always see they get a refund. In the
meantime, that money will be in the bank collecting interest..mwahahah!"

BURP!....excuse me, I ate my ham & cheese sandwich too fast.

I'm done with waiting for the new album, and catching up on reading.
I finally read Kerouac's "On The Road." Half-way through A.C. Doyle's
Sherlock Holmes series, finished reading "Naked Lunch" by William S.
Burroughs, and music-wise it's been Led Zeppelin for 2 weeks..

I see U2 are back in silent mode. What is there to report, anyways?
The album isn't finished. I don't even know if they scrapped everything
they've done and are starting from scratch...

Time for more Zeppelin. I have the need to head bang. :hyper:

And why not some Captain Beefheart too, while I'm in a music mood too

ham & cheese sandwich:up:

I'm done with waiting for the new album.:up:

I finally read Kerouac's "On The Road." :up:

music-wise it's been Led Zeppelin for 2 weeks..:up:

Led Zeppelin sucks

WTF people? I thought all the Radiohead, Rush, & Coldplay shit was bad

WTF

?

Serious dogshit people? What the hell. And Fuck.

I can bury my head in a pile of shit

and I probably should

but damn

just damn

damn

what i dont get is..why they put out "invisible" go on a major network ..perform the song and then just disappear.. :doh:

They did that to remind everyone that they are still an active band writing and recording new material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom