Album 13 Talk: Let's keep it civil.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh trust me, I'm on this. :up:

Like I said, I'm usually at the mall because that's where our Target is. It's not any trouble to walk to the opposite end of the mall and nose around FYE each week. Heck, Books-A-Million is right across from them so I can nose around there as well. :yes:

FYE is reputable. Thus I'm more likely to believe a date is imminent. :hyper:

The sad thing is that this is the closest thing that we've had to news in roughly a month.

So is "COMING SOON" the name of the album?

Either that or simply "U2".

Let's really grasp at straws. :wink:

That's funny, though, that they've never named an album "U2". Simplicity can be your friend. Or you can have an entire paragraph as an album title like All that you can't leave behind when you dismantle an atomic bomb with no line on the horizon.

I remember hmv.com having a pre order for the new album ever since the rumours for SOA came out. It was on pre order for years :)

FYE still exists?

And stores decide to put "presales" on anticipated media items without having a concrete date all the time. Some random brick and mortar store next to the food court does not have a scoop.

You could have preordered GTAV a year before the release date was announced. There is no legal requirement, other than that they have to refund your money if the item is never released.

Hm, it's kinda weird indeed that a random store would put this up. Especially as there's no recent news. Maybe some slowpoke just responded to the two singles?

Hm, it's kinda weird indeed that a random store would put this up. Especially as there's no recent news. Maybe some slowpoke just responded to the two singles?

nah.. it's not really out of the ordinary.. worked in an HMV record store for years and we did this all the time. if customers are asking about it, than it's smart to put something like that in to get their business.

nah.. it's not really out of the ordinary.. worked in an HMV record store for years and we did this all the time. if customers are asking about it, than it's smart to put something like that in to get their business.

Hey Reg, as a Broken Bells fan...have you seen this ? Too bad Strombo didn't ask about the U2 album :sad:

Is that Kevin Spacey ? or...James Mercer ? :wink:

Broken Bells on The Strombo Show: FULL INTERVIEW - YouTube

8:15 - 9:50 mark - Is DM making a direct reference to his experience with U2 ?? :hmm:

It's not a "random" mom and pop record store. It's a national chain store in the US. And yeah, they have quite a few "brick and mortar" stores left as well as a large online retail site. They're not the record store around the corner hoping to get lucky.

And like I said, I have been in there pretty consistently since Christmas and this was the FIRST that I'd ever seen the U2 preorder. So who knows. Def. worth keeping an eye on if nothing else.

It's also worth noting that the pic I took was in the "U2" section, but I noticed as I went towards checkout (Lil'CK and I bought a few used things and I picked up some Captain America merch for my nephew's bday next month), they had the preorder advertised in the "New Releases" display that is front and center of the store. :hmm:

7 New U2 Songs and Demo's Possibly For Their Next Album - YouTube

Most of you have already heard this, but probably worth posting again. From 2:52 is what gives me hope for the new album. It's raw but I really want to hear the full version of that track.

Also whatever happened to North Star? There was definitely a studio version (used in Transformers 3). Poppy enough for 'the masses'. I thought it would have a made a strong single on the new album.

So much material being tinkered with. Over. And over. And over.

Hey Reg, as a Broken Bells fan...have you seen this ? Too bad Strombo didn't ask about the U2 album :sad:

Is that Kevin Spacey ? or...James Mercer ? :wink:

Broken Bells on The Strombo Show: FULL INTERVIEW - YouTube

8:15 - 9:50 mark - Is DM making a direct reference to his experience with U2 ?? :hmm:

I just can't see Dangermouse strongly associating himself with this album when it eventually comes out. I have a feeling he will be rather ambivalent about the whole thing.
Just hope it doesn't cause negative vibes because after 5 and a half years between albums U2 need some seriously good word of mouth.

It's not a "random" mom and pop record store. It's a national chain store in the US. And yeah, they have quite a few "brick and mortar" stores left as well as a large online retail site. They're not the record store around the corner hoping to get lucky.

And like I said, I have been in there pretty consistently since Christmas and this was the FIRST that I'd ever seen the U2 preorder. So who knows. Def. worth keeping an eye on if nothing else.

So yea... 150 some odd f.y.e. stores have gone out of business in the last 5 years, so the local mom and pop store is probably doing a little better these days.

And as has been stated already, this being put out there is absolutely meaningless. It's a decision made by the store manager.

This is the recording process U2 needs to go back to. This is the documentary of the recording of the Unforgettable Album. May 7 to August 7 1984. Proof that 3 months is all it takes. 30 years ago this summer.

Of course, your highness, Edge is building a time machine asap, to go back to the 80's.
I will be a great succes.

What if by "God walking in the room", we were all wrong thinking Bono meant the studio and he really meant the store? The key to the album release is God walking into the store and preordering the album! Someone call God right now!

phone.gif

Maybe the store manager IS Bono ... that's really what's been taking up his time these days. :tsk:

What if by "God walking in the room", we were all wrong thinking Bono meant the studio and he really meant the store? The key to the album release is God walking into the store and preordering the album! Someone call God right now!

SAJcB3W.gif

And as has been stated already, this being put out there is absolutely meaningless. It's a decision made by the store manager.

I was told by the store manager that the promo stuff was sent by the district. They get orders from the DM and then the GM follows through, that sort of thing.

Maybe the store manager is friends with Bono?

And I seriously doubt a store GM in Niles, Ohio is friends with Bono. I don't live in NYC or LA. :lol:

Edge is building a time machine asap, to go back to the 80's.

:lol: Nah, he has one already.

Funny thing is that Bono also said that Edge will keep trying to mix the album even after it's on the shelves. STEP AWAY FROM THE BOARDS, THE EDGE. :lol:

I had a dream that I was out drinking with God and he told me some very interesting things - none of which I can repeat - and he was a very generous companion and even picked up the tab and left a very nice tip for the wait staff.

So I drove home that night, with God as my copilot, and went to sleep it off, letting God crash in one of my spare bedrooms. At some point during the evening I had this dream that I was trapped inside of a massive bomb which was in the bay of a massive bomber on a top secret mission over a warzone.

I prayed to God to get me out of the plane and almost immediately the plane released the bomb onto a metropolis below. As I fell towards Armageddon, I prayed for it all to go away, which it did in a few moments. Before impact I saw some writing on the inside that said quite simply "you can look all you want but you must NEVER touch"

I woke up in a cold sweat (again), scared, confused, and angry. I ran out of my bedroom to find God and ask him why he had nearly let me (and a good chunk of the world) die in that awful dream. As I made it to the kitchen I saw a note on the table that had some strange writing on it that I couldn't quite make out, along with a simple message "sorry I had to go, hope you enjoy the show"

Puzzled I sat down on the sofa and pondered what he meant by it all. I remembered I had a Bible in one of the spare bedrooms and so I went to find it. When I opened the bedroom door there were two of the hottest women I had ever seen sitting up in the bed, wearing nothing but a smile.

They invited me inside to join them with sexy eyes and innocent laughter, which of course I did without hesitation. As soon as I was about to join them I remembered the message inside of the bomb and realized it was meant for me.

The echoes of angels and the scent of forbidden fruit at my disposal, and im supposed to suppress my desires and go to sunday school? Damn what an ironic existence this is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom