Album 13 Talk: Insert cori .gif Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard "at the end of recording" in at least one interview, I'm almost positive it was that TV3 one he did. Either way, I was just happy to see him giving interviews and giving me another reason to drool love him. His WIMS work is a great cause and I really do applaud him for it.

That said, I'm an Adam girl always. He could recite the phone book and I'd be happy about it. :whistle:

Anyone seen this? Sorry if it's old news.

U2's Iconic Album 'The Joshua Tree' Honored; Bono Says New Album Will Release in 2015 | Gospelherald.com

So. 2015...? And more complaining about "Invisible" possibly not being relevant. Personally I found it incredibly relevant (and not from a "religious" standpoint) so I wish he'd just stop worrying about being "relevant"! Relevance is relative :D

weird thing about it is the article they cite as the source ("according to Billboard") mentions nothing about the new album or 2015. Soooo...where is that coming from exactly?

thanks for posting though, had not seen that

As long as they don't hear Coldplay's "Sky Full of Stars" and say "Hmmm, Coldplay brought Avicii in, maybe we should do that too! It's awesome and would get us on the radio, because ~relevance~!"

Because it's totally not awesome. It sucks.

I don't dislike Avicii. :(

weird thing about it is the article they cite as the source ("according to Billboard") mentions nothing about the new album or 2015. Soooo...where is that coming from exactly?

thanks for posting though, had not seen that

They were just rehashing that old billboard quote from earlier this year when we all melted down!!!! 11/4 would be super cool, single in Sep, less than 4 mths!

Single in summer, single #2 in Sep/Oct? :hmm:

It would allow them to possibly get in on the trend of "summer concert series" appearances on a lot of the US 'morning talk shows' like GMA and The Today Show. They could premiere the new single, have a release date, and then announce another single in time to promote the heck out of a fall release?

I'm not crazy about it but it's not 2015 at least!:lol:

Wait. Where is the November 4 date coming from?

Sent from my HTC One M8 using the U2 Interference Mobile app

U2 > Discography > Albums

Nov 4......0139????

Hmmm.....

A mystery wrapped inside a riddle buried inside a clue...

Well played U2...well played.....

I say it means it's the 13th album and there will be 9 songs on it.
Or it feels like their first album and there's 39 songs on it.
Or it's a box set with 139 songs on it....year released tbd.
Either way....there's plenty there to talk about for years!!!!
:drool:

From a possible glitch on the U2.com site

Twitter and a few bloggers apparently picked up on it today so it's being retweeted and linked on instagram, FB, etc.

The band themselves don't know exactly when it's coming out. At best it's a placeholder/tentative date but we've not heard the album is finished.
Still, it's something to talk about...

The band themselves don't know exactly when it's coming out. At best it's a placeholder/tentative date but we've not heard the album is finished.
Still, it's something to talk about...

You know the sky is blue right?
:lol:

Nov 4th XXXX makes sense

which in the end means absolutely nothing

If anything, it means we're not getting anything that day.

Nothing made more sense than having an album ready immediately after releasing a new single in time for the Super Bowl.

Nothing made more sense than having an album ready immediately after releasing a new single in time for the Super Bowl.

Well if it's pushed into next year they can do it all over again at the NEXT Super Bowl ;) Drop another charity single as their lead single and announce the album for a March release.
Wouldn't that be funny? Or lame...

Well if it's pushed into next year they can do it all over again at the NEXT Super Bowl :) Drop another charity single as their lead single and announce the album for a March release.
Wouldn't that be funny?

f6due.gif

Album is coming out on November 4, 0139!!!

U2 > Discography > Albums (look at the date)

That means an year which doesn't exist in our dimension, i.e. the new U2 album is only coming out in another dimension, where God presumably has already walked through the room!!!

Now I finally understand Bono as he talked about strategies to make this product really big and unprecedented! :wink:

:lol: :lol:

But do not worry, ZL and Interlanders!

Our Genius Mr The Edge will have created a Very Special Algorythym for us to download and then be able to use it to acess that very Dimension!
And proceed from there to bring the new album back to this dimension here! :hyper:

What.....?

You think those bridges on the 360 Tour were just bridges.... physically?

Oh, nooo my friends, they had Quantum Equational Underpinnings in their construction that Edge was working on.
You see, he maybe from The Future, but he arrived here in The Past so early on he hadn't finished his lessons in "Bridging Dimensons", so he hadn't done much Intertdimensional work .....

......yet. :shifty:

Rest asuured ...

....all will be revealed in good time!

:D

From a possible glitch on the U2.com site

Twitter and a few bloggers apparently picked up on it today so it's being retweeted and linked on instagram, FB, etc.

Did you realize that this is a placeholder for non-existing albumIds in the URL?

Your posted URL goes like this:
Code:
http://www.u2.com/discography/index/album/tagName/Albums/albumId/4180

I can do that with several non-existent albumids and get Nov 03, 0140
Code:
http://www.u2.com/discography/index/album/tagName/Albums/albumId/2894
Code:
http://www.u2.com/discography/index/album/tagName/Albums/albumId/4832

So now you will tell me that they will release 3 albums in November, right? :up:

Album is coming out on November 4, 0139!!!

U2 > Discography > Albums (look at the date)

That means an year which doesn't exist in our dimension, i.e. the new U2 album is only coming out in another dimension, where God presumably has already walked through the room!!!

Our Genius Mr The Edge will have created a Very Special Algorythym for us to download and then be able to use it to acess that very Dimension!
And proceed from there to bring the new album back to this dimension here! :hyper:

Maybe the new U2 album will sound like this...

61olatrtI8L._SY300_.jpg

I loved Zooropa the very first time I heard it, even before it was in stores, and I still love it just as much this day. And even so, I would certainly consider it a challenging album for U2 by virtue of the fact that it's not easily digestible to the average listener that might find themselves open to a U2 record. There's a much more detailed explanation for that but what's the point?

It's a relative term anyway..."challenging"...but you must understand that you are dealing with King Semantics here lately, so, have fun with that you guys.

I'll fully expect to check this thread in a couple of days to see ten pages of discussion over the definitions of "safe". I won't be around for it...

ATYCLB was safe because it followed a script. It was easily the most formulaic pop they'd ever made. I can explain this using song structure but what's the point? You think anyone is going to absorb anything I say? I've been saying the same shit for years. Frankly, I'm bored even typing this much about it. But anyway...tonally, substantively, ATYCLB was inoffensive.

That doesn't mean there is inherently anything wrong with the album. Just that it was presented to go down easy. Digestible. It was crafted exactly, precisely that way. The bands' own words reflect this. That doesn't have to be a bad thing at all...but what it does, is unbutton the continuing stance of the apologist brigade. They need everything to always be the same - that is their defense for so many criticisms of U2. Try to keep U2 from never changing, that way they can never be easily said to have changed for the worse. Most notably - "U2 have always wanted to be the biggest band in the world!" Yeah, and what you do to chase that ambition can certainly change.

But anyway, why do we need yet one more conversation of this nature? ATYCLB was safe. Period. But so is almost all pop music. That doesn't mean there hasn't been loads of good pop music, right? It's BVS that needs to get a grip. "Safe" is a bad word at times, depending on the context. Especially for U2 fans that don't like U2 playing it safe. What's wrong with that?

Hahahaha I very much enjoyed reading that. Needless to say, I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom