Album 13 Talk: Insert cori .gif Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interviewer: "When is the next album coming out?"
Averill: "Don't know, to be honest. It was kind of put on hold for a while. I would imagine it will either be the end of this year or the beginning of next year."
Interviewer: "Have you done the cover?"
Averill: "Not yet... working on ideas."

may this finally silence "the album is out this summer" contingent..

Quite curious that 1 year ago, Averill was already hinting at an artwork talk with the band.

Steve Averill: Meeting Soon To Discuss Album Design With U2

At this point even I, one of the most positive peeps here I think, am led to believe that they scrapped ideas (at least in terms of a concept regarding the album, not necessarily about the music) dating back to Spring 2013.

Yes, when this album is finally released it will be VERY interesting to find out what the heck has been going on for the past 4 years.

Just read on Twitter from a guy who claims to know Nicks neighbor that 'Contingent of 1(the MANhattan Donkeypunch)' is the working album title.

Next Feb/march... Calling it now, placing money on it, getting it tattooed on my back.

Quite curious that 1 year ago, Averill was already hinting at an artwork talk with the band.

Steve Averill: Meeting Soon To Discuss Album Design With U2

I recall a photoshoot done on top of a roof that everyone seemed to think was the cover/sleeve shoot at the time. Wonder what ever happened to that one? :hmm:

Is it just me, or is everyone that's even remotely associated with the band talking in circles now? It seems like one of the lads says something, and then everyone else repeats it. Like that old game of telephone. :lol:

That doesn't mean there is inherently anything wrong with the album. Just that it was presented to go down easy. Digestible. It was crafted exactly, precisely that way. The bands' own words reflect this. That doesn't have to be a bad thing at all...but what it does, is unbutton the continuing stance of the apologist brigade. They need everything to always be the same - that is their defense for so many criticisms of U2. Try to keep U2 from never changing, that way they can never be easily said to have changed for the worse. Most notably - "U2 have always wanted to be the biggest band in the world!" Yeah, and what you do to chase that ambition can certainly change.

I have said the 'U2 have always wanted to be the biggest band in the world' bit myself many times here but that was usually in response to people getting frustrated about them wanting to be 'relevant'. But yes, that doesnt mean that that ambition excuses every creative decision they have made. I certainly have not agreed with all of it.
And yes, although I really like the first six songs, ATYCLB to me is a safe album. Nothing wrong with that though. Experiment when there is creative momentum behind it, not just for the sake of it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Album is coming out on November 4, 0139!!!

U2 > Discography > Albums (look at the date)

That means an year which doesn't exist in our dimension, i.e. the new U2 album is only coming out in another dimension, where God presumably has already walked through the room!!!

Now I finally understand Bono as he talked about strategies to make this product really big and unprecedented! :wink:

Or it could be Nov 14, 20.139, which in all honesty would give them all the time to create a relevant product.

I'm guessing they meant November 4, 9301.

94th century won't know what hit it.

I'm guessing hell will also freeze over that day.

Last edited:
As long as they don't hear Coldplay's "Sky Full of Stars" and say "Hmmm, Coldplay brought Avicii in, maybe we should do that too! It's awesome and would get us on the radio, because ~relevance~!"

Because it's totally not awesome. It sucks.

That is a new and unique opinion, and I am glad you brought that into this discussion.

Sorry, kneejerk response. :lol:

I would guess.. I would love to be wrong.. but I've definitely stumbled across the Nov 4 thing before.. maybe it's just a placeholder or something?

On one hand, Nov 4th is at least SOMETHING. But having to wait that long? Ugh. I really wanted summer at the latest. I still think it should have been a spring album. Especially as they had such a good promo run there for a while.

Adam says they hope to have the album finished by the end of summer. And you thought it was coming out this summer?

I don't get you, CK. Either you're With Adam, or you're Against Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom