Album 13: Shit Gets Real

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've not heard anything linking OL to the album recently, only that it delayed the album lol. So I think it's safe to say that it's just a soundtrack song and will appear on the Mandela Soundtrack, not a U2 album.

Geez, MTV... I DO recall a time when they played videos. I think we even had VH1 here for a short time, along with our own music channels TMF and The Box. The latter two died out ages ago, VH1 is in the digital pack now but I don't think I ever watched it. I think I watched MTV in the 90s for Beavis and Butthead and uhhh Happy Tree Friends was it called?

I thought it had been made pretty clear that Ordinary Love was something completely separate from the album and that Fanning was just speculating?

One week to go people!!!

I thought it had been made pretty clear that Ordinary Love was something completely separate from the album and that Fanning was just speculating?

One week to go people!!!

I think we can safely say Fanning isn't as knowledgable as previous times, seeing the Dark Stares debacle. :wink:

I have to say, I told myself I wasn't going to listen to these Hangar clips again a few days ago, but I can't help myself - I find myself going back to them over and over again!

I'm officially out of listening to beach clips, leaks, hangar clips and youtube possibilities. Going to try and go back to the days before the internet seemingly had to spoil everything & analyse it to death before we got to hear the proper release in decent quality.

I still couldn't hear a damn thing from those clips, even when cleaned up. Kind of glad though. It have me extra incentive to not listen to them again

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

I have to say, I told myself I wasn't going to listen to these Hangar clips again a few days ago, but I can't help myself - I find myself going back to them over and over again!

Yeah I was the same..

How anyone can listen to those clips and come to any sort of evaluation on what the song is going to sound like is beyond me

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

It's not that difficult to make bits out... there's definitely no way I can comment on the "sound." But I can discern a bit about the songwriting as the pre-chorus, and chorus are clear to me.. I can hear Bono's melody, and the chord progression. and they sound fantastic. looking forward to hearing about Ad/Larry fill it out.

song reminds me of Disappearing Act...? maybe.. hard to place.

I still couldn't hear a damn thing from those clips, even when cleaned up. Kind of glad though. It have me extra incentive to not listen to them again

I haven't even listened once yet.

I figure it's either crappy enough that you can't make out anything, or crappy enough that you can make it out but it's such low quality as not to be enjoyed. And since I'm not that desperate to hear the music, I can wait for the real thing.

If I was a gambling man, I would bet that OL will not be on the album. They've never strung on a soundtrack song to any album if it was released for the soundtrack first. Maybe they would've thrown it on there as a bonus track had it been a HUGE radio hit, but that didn't happen.

I figure it's either crappy enough that you can't make out anything, or crappy enough that you can make it out but it's such low quality as not to be enjoyed. And since I'm not that desperate to hear the music, I can wait for the real thing.

Yeah it's definitely not with your time.

I figure...it's such low quality as not to be enjoyed. And since I'm not that desperate to hear the music, I can wait for the real thing.

yep.. not really worth it if you haven't listened yet. we're so close

Yeah I was the same..

It's not that difficult to make bits out... there's definitely no way I can comment on the "sound." But I can discern a bit about the songwriting as the pre-chorus, and chorus are clear to me.. I can hear Bono's melody, and the chord progression. and they sound fantastic. looking forward to hearing about Ad/Larry fill it out.

song reminds me of Disappearing Act...? maybe.. hard to place.

The bridge with the short solo is stuck in my head. That part is more discernable than the rest.

The one with the girl practically orgasming in it. The first one we got. The part I'm talking about starts at roughly 1:50 from memory and leads to a breakdown with the falsetto hook over top before the band comes back in.

Just be careful guys. The beach clip completely ruined Magnificent for me. Based on what I had heard, I thought it would be a mid tempo atmospheric track. Instead we got techno'ish with no build up with the exception of the epic intro.

I listened to that hangar clip once and I find people who think they can hear anything in it fucking hysterical because you can't hear a damn thing on it. It's far enough away that all you can make out is music is being played, that's it.

I doubt OL is on the album, but TGBHF did find its way onto ATYCLB as a bonus track.

And in hindsight, many of us wish it had been on the album after having to digest arguably the weakest 2nd half of any U2 album.

The one with the girl practically orgasming in it. The first one we got. The part I'm talking about starts at roughly 1:50 from memory and leads to a breakdown with the falsetto hook over top before the band comes back in.

yeah ok, we're talking the same clip.. that hook is Edge on slide, joined by Bono's falsetto later on.. I don't think it's a solo, but the song's main hook that comes out of the chorus. it reoccurs throughout the song.

fully aware that I could look like an absolutely twit come next Sunday, if the song turns out to really sound like Red light..

Just be careful guys. The beach clip completely ruined Magnificent for me. Based on what I had heard, I thought it would be a mid tempo atmospheric track. Instead we got techno'ish with no build up with the exception of the epic intro.

I was burned the same way.. was so excited by that beach clip.

of course, the clip and the song we got are not one in the same.. it was a beach clip of an earlier version of the song. Same with Boots.

either way, song sounded soooo good in my head at the time.

Last edited:
And in hindsight, many of us wish it had been on the album after having to digest arguably the weakest 2nd half of any U2 album.

Yes swap TGBHF and Stateless for any 2 of the second half of that album and it would have been waaaay better.

I listened to that hangar clip once and I find people who think they can hear anything in it fucking hysterical because you can't hear a damn thing on it. It's far enough away that all you can make out is music is being played, that's it.

fucking hysterical eh? glad to bring some light to your day..

how bout those Phillies? :wink:

I wonder if the band has considered bringing Epworth in to mix some tracks for the album, considering his work on Ordinary Love which they seem very happy with.

That's not true.

You can clearly hear a truck.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom