Album 13: Shit Gets Real

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't have cable when I was in high school, and my parents had barred me from watching MTV anyway. :(

(My grandma let me watch MTV at her house. :heart: )

lol me too! I used to ask my Grandma to tape various MTV/VH1 shows about U2 or my other favorite artists, including Popmart Mexico City. My parents were way behind in the technology department. I was the last kid in school to have the internet. Ah, the 90s.

#strippers #hot3way #getthefuckout #jealousbitch

:sexywink:

Wait, it's a HASHTAG now? :crack:

:lol:

lol me too! I used to ask my Grandma to tape various MTV/VH1 shows about U2 or my other favorite artists, including Popmart Mexico City. My parents were way behind in the technology department. I was the last kid in school to have the internet. Ah, the 90s.

I graduated in 2002. Without internet OR cable in the house. My mom chose to get both the following year --- when I was living at my gram's bc it was closer to my university branch. :doh: (Gram refused to let me get any sort of internet even though I was paying; I had my first cell phone by then, and oh, yeah, Gram had basic cable. But by then MTV was on a fast road to hell.)

I feel like the last remnant of music videos on MTV was TRL, that's what I remember watching, VH1 had blocks of music videos on for awhile after that until they turned into the housewife version of MTV's latter day programming.

I feel like the last remnant of music videos on MTV was TRL, that's what I remember watching, VH1 had blocks of music videos on for awhile after that until they turned into the housewife version of MTV's latter day programming.

I used to go to friends' houses for TRL. Back in my BSB days, oh that was glorious....:drool: (That was also when I despised U2 and Bono in particular. My adolescence was a very....interesting time. LOL)

VH1 still shows video blocks during the weekday mornings. From like 6am-10am I think. Discovered that back when Lil'Miss was born. I am hoping (but not expecting) to see Invisible get some airplay at some point. :up:

I'm way out of the loop on video airplay these days though (besides YouTube obviously). Can you still request videos? I know Vh1 used to do a Top 20 weekly countdown...if they do, us Americans oughta bombard that thing and MAKE them play U2! :lol:

It all went downhill about 10 years ago when they jumped aboard the reality TV train. My realization that all heck broke loose was when they were airing a 'The Surreal Life' marathon. :lol:

VH1 still shows video blocks during the weekday mornings. From like 6am-10am I think. Discovered that back when Lil'Miss was born. I am hoping (but not expecting) to see Invisible get some airplay at some point. :up:

I'm way out of the loop on video airplay these days though (besides YouTube obviously). Can you still request videos? I know Vh1 used to do a Top 20 weekly countdown...if they do, us Americans oughta bombard that thing and MAKE them play U2! :lol:

Honestly, I haven't watched VH1 for the purpose of watching music videos in who knows how long. Perhaps YouTube has already taken all the traffic for that demand and then some?

I remember being deliciously scandalized the first time I realized you can spot a nipple in the video.

For the same reason I still listen to the radio: It's fun to not know what's coming next.

My very first knowledge of the existence of U2, and the beginning of my fandom (sorta), was them performing "Beautiful Day" on TRL. Caught that live, didn't know who they were, didn't like the song, but thought they were pretty cool. The rest, as they say, is history.

For the same reason I still listen to the radio: It's fun to not know what's coming next.

My very first knowledge of the existence of U2, and the beginning of my fandom (sorta), was them performing "Beautiful Day" on TRL. Caught that live, didn't know who they were, didn't like the song, but thought they were pretty cool. The rest, as they say, is history.

So do you like BD now? I wasn't a big fan of of BD when I heard it but it has grown on me over the years and now its my wake up alarm every morning lol.

Do we know yet, definitively, whether Ordinary Love is on the album or not? I hope not, since if we hear two songs in advance it will kind of dilute the impact of the album.

Do we know yet, definitively, whether Ordinary Love is on the album or not? I hope not, since if we hear two songs in advance it will kind of dilute the impact of the album.

I can't remember who said it...may have been Dave Fanning, but it was said that Ordinary Love would be on the album but sound much different than the soundtrack version. That was back in November though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

So do you like BD now? I wasn't a big fan of of BD when I heard it but it has grown on me over the years and now its my wake up alarm every morning lol.

I've come around to it. The proliferation of the song on MTV did me no favors, at the time. It was just the huge deal that everyone was making about U2 being "back" that got me so curious. I had never even heard of them, so, the second single comes out, I'm impressed, plus I've come to sorta tolerate hearing "Beatiful Day" 10 times a day, so I decide to check out more stuff. I was addicted to the internet, by this point, so I knew what to listen to, check out. My mom bought me ATYCLB and Best of 1980-90, I'm no longer sure which, first. She told me she was a big fan of the band, back in the day, and she and I share a lot of music taste, so I figured I'd enjoy them. I did.

I can't remember who said it...may have been Dave Fanning, but it was said that Ordinary Love would be on the album but sound much different than the soundtrack version. That was back in November though.

Wow...really? That's kind of a weird move, they haven't done that with any of their other soundtrack songs...

I can imagine any alternate version of OL would be tacked on the end as a bonus track, bit like NLOTH2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom