Alan Cross getting first listen to "Get Your Boots On"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually prefer "Get on your boots" to "Get your boots on" so that's good.

Someone should change the thread title btw.

I thought it was pretty clear that the title was "Get On Your Boots". After all, that's how the lyrics are printed in RS.

Has Bono ever used the words gasoline and submarine in a song before? :hmm: I don't think so! Glad to see his vocabulary is expanding... thank goodness Alan Cross didn't say "bono rhymes Soul with Hole" lol :wink:

No throw away pop songs need to sound good on the first listen....real classics build up quality over time. I also said most likely which means there is room for exceptions :)

If the song has a lot of layering to it and he only heard it on a polycomm or something of the like he may not be able to write a great review of the track anyway. Also he may say more later nobody knows :)

I'm loving the vocabulary too - gasoline and submarine! Nothing "pretty" or "feminine" about those lyrics.

I'm going to keep an eye on his blog for a little while, always a chance he have more to say. Twitter's not exactly the place for a sprawling epic.

No throw away pop songs need to sound good on the first listen....real classics build up quality over time. I also said most likely which means there is room for exceptions :)

If the song has a lot of layering to it and he only heard it on a polycomm or something of the like he may not be able to write a great review of the track anyway. Also he may say more later nobody knows :)

Probably...:wink:

But what I meant was that if they want to sell, the first single needs to be something that attracts the person (person... not kids) at the first listen ;)

And que the bitching...............

And cue the crybaby, KUEFC09U2.

I thought it was pretty clear that the title was "Get On Your Boots". After all, that's how the lyrics are printed in RS.

Yeah exactly! How are you people so surprised at the title? :huh: Get On Your Boots is how it was printed in the Q article. Go look at those scans again!

And cue the crybaby, KUEFC09U2.

Yeah exactly! How are you people so surprised at the title? :huh: Get On Your Boots is how it was printed in the Q article. Go look at those scans again!

"

Among other instantly striking tracks are Get Your Boots On, a heaving electro-rocker that may mark the destination point the band had been seeking on Pop;"

from the Q website.

Has Bono ever used the words gasoline and submarine in a song before? :hmm: I don't think so! Glad to see his vocabulary is expanding... thank goodness Alan Cross didn't say "bono rhymes Soul with Hole" lol :wink:

Innovation ftw! :yes:

Gasonline, submarine, me likey. :D

Well at least he's not rhyming feel and kneel again. (hopefully :wink: )

There's a submarine
On my knee
Give me what I want
Stop the poverty
Get on your sexy boots
Ad let's change the world!

"

Among other instantly striking tracks are Get Your Boots On, a heaving electro-rocker that may mark the destination point the band had been seeking on Pop;"

from the Q website.

But... look:

199.jpg

Get IN Your Boots makes more sense. :wink:

Its probably like Discotheque anyway, people at the time would've thought "what the hell?" :D

"

from the Q website.

Yeah, but the RS article, which is more recent has the lyrics for the song: "Get ON your boots / Sexy boots". It would be really weird if the the song was called Get Your Boots ON then.

In the sexy boots beach clip you can hear Bono say submarine and gasoline 11 and 12 seconds in. Not sure how much the song changed, but those lyrics are consistent.

From the beach clips...

"I've got a submarine, you've got gasoline..."

Anyone else see a possible metaphor for faith in militarism in GOYB?

That is-war is sexy etc etc

That would explain the sarcasm I hear in the Chorus. Just a thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom