Alan Cross getting first listen to "Get Your Boots On"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is on Alan's Explore Music blog from January 8, 2009:

Finally! New U2 on the Horizon!
Thursday, January 08, 2009
Here’s what I can tell you.

The first single from No Line on the Horizon will definitely be “Get Your Boots On.”

A video has already been shot. Record company personnel have been allowed to hear snippets of the song over the phone.

They confirm that the sound is more Achtung Baby than How to Dismantle and Atomic Bomb.

Highly encrypted copies are now being distributed to Universal Music outposts around the world.

I may get to hear the song as early as Monday. I’ll report back ASAP.

:lol: so he isn't hearing it today?

The first single from No Line on the Horizon will definitely be “Get Your Boots On.”

A video has already been shot. Record company personnel have been allowed to hear snippets of the song over the phone.

They confirm that the sound is more Achtung Baby than How to Dismantle and Atomic Bomb.

Highly encrypted copies are now being distributed to Universal Music outposts around the world.

Sweet. So, apparently, he's getting to hear it early?

Maybe we will too! :ohmy:

I hope...

1) The "hip hop twist" works-the song needs a good bridge

2) The layered-vocal chorus appears three times, and not two like in the beach clips

The forum will crash before we even get a chance to see the superlatives for ourselves. :sad:

I think you're right.

And if he just says "It rocks! Sounds like Vertigo."

I'm going to do this :banghead:

He better post a link to a blog with a full description of every flipping second.

Thanks for posting that!

The wait is almost over!

:hyper:

wow, 105 people...

are we not going to get anything from him until monday then at the earliest? :sad:

I don't think that's true. I think what happened is that the studio told him he'd be getting it sometime this week, and then maybe as a ploy to make sure he didn't leak it somehow? Gave it to him three days early. Whether or not he'll report today is anyones guess, but he's definitely heard it by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom