Adam splits with Susie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
Don't know if this was posted anywhere - I just got this in an email:

U2's Adam splits up with fiancee Susie

BARRY EGAN

EXCLUSIVE

ADAM Clayton and his Canadian fiancee Suzanne 'Susie' Smith have sadly gone their separate ways after what is described by friends as "an amicable split".

The U2 bassist and his girlfriend, who is also in the music business, broke up last month on extremely good terms after more than eight great years together. They got engaged last year on Valentine's Day at a private soiree in London where the couple spent a lot of time together. Susie was totally involved in Adam's life and even appeared in the special episode of The Simpsons when the group guested.

Adam and Susie divided their time between London and Dublin where Adam has a Georgian mansion in Rathfarnham - the same rented mansion where The Joshua Tree album was recorded in 1986. Adam subsequently bought the house for £400,000.

Suzanne Smith is a record company executive and has been based in London. She was previously an assistant to U2 manager, Paul McGuiness.

Previously the U2 star had been engaged to controversial supermodel Naomi Campbell.

In an interview with Piers Morgan in the current edition of GQ magazine, Naomi described Adam as "a wonderful friend".

It is expected that Adam will now re-establish his status as the one remaining bachelor of the group.

http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ca=9&si=1787605&issue_id=15331

This is from the Sunday Independent in Ireland (see link above)

Last edited:
Oh my god.. :ohmy:

Aww.. Adam :sad: I hope he finds happiness soon. I'm glad it was on good terms at least.. :heart:

Awww! That's so sad, I mean they seemed like a really happy couple. I dunno, kinda bums me out, the other 3 have been in lengthy relationships, and they were together almost 10 years.

:(

Oh no! I didn't even know Adam was with someone until last year, this is really sad. :(
And I had no idea they'd been together for so long.

I hope they both find someone...

Jeez. :(

And what's this with "amicable"? When you split with someone, you hate their guts, and think horrible thoughts of things happening to them, that will possibly cause them grevious bodily pain. Maybe 3, 4 years down the track you might be "amicable" :mad:

No, I'm not bitter.... :shifty:

blueeyedgirl said:
Jeez. :(

And what's this with "amicable"? When you split with someone, you hate their guts, and think horrible thoughts of things happening to them, that will possibly cause them grevious bodily pain. Maybe 3, 4 years down the track you might be "amicable" :mad:

No, I'm not bitter.... :shifty:
Crap. There are other ways of seperating as well. Some people just discover that they have different perceptions and perspectives in life and need to move on.
It hurts, anyway.

I'm very sorry to hear that, that's too bad. But at least if it's true and this article is accurate they did so on very good terms even though their romance didn't survive. Better to do so than to get married and have it not work out. I hope for all the best for both of them.

By the way Naomi Campbell is supposedly dating Terrence Howard.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I'm very sorry to hear that, that's too bad. But at least if it's true and this article is accurate they did so on very good terms even though their romance didn't survive. Better to do so than to get married and have it not work out. I hope for all the best for both of them.

Agreed. But still, bummer :(.

Back
Top Bottom