Adam Clayton goes to court

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Notice its all gone a wee bit quiet, and that only one of the tabloids even reported it,

I think that's the way that pending lawsuits are worded, or at least the way that reports of them are worded - claims as opposed to facts, at least till the suit has been heard and decisions as to blame are made by the courts.

If there's any basis to that article, it's not surprising that he's suing, sounds like his bank and accountants were negligent. He must feel very betrayed by all involved.

If there's any basis to that article, it's not surprising that he's suing, sounds like his bank and accountants were negligent. He must feel very betrayed by all involved.

Not only are they negligent, they apparently can't fucking add! :lol:

Well, yeah. Quite a leap from 13,000 to 4 million. :der: That level of negligence is just crazy.

I know! I keep wondering how in the world you miss that...especially after they knew someone had misappropriated funds and were supposed to be looking for problems and misappropriations. It does boggle the mind.

Wow, to not notice 4 million missing, he must be really loaded. Where's that thread in LS about which rock star you'd like to chaffeur? Now I know which U2 member to accompany :sexywink: :shifty:

Wow, to not notice 4 million missing, he must be really loaded. Where's that thread in LS about which rock star you'd like to chaffeur? Now I know which U2 member to accompany :sexywink: :shifty:

I imagine he's paying a hell of a lot more attention now! :lol:

(how come everyone always wises up just when I finally have a plot to defraud ready? :angry: )

I think that's the way that pending lawsuits are worded, or at least the way that reports of them are worded - claims as opposed to facts, at least till the suit has been heard and decisions as to blame are made by the courts.

Yes, thank you. I know that. I was just being snarky because I found it incredibly boring. :D

You are absolutely right.

It is, "claims, alleges," etc. Then based on evidence from both sides, the court makes it's ruling.

I wouldn't blame Adam for feeling betrayed.

Yes, thank you. I know that. I was just being snarky because I found it incredibly boring. :D

Boring?

I sort of find that an odd reaction to someone who was essentially robbed of over 6 million US dollars while the people who were supposed to be safeguarding his money stood by and did nothing. I can see indifference maybe, because it's a wealthy rock star losing what is probably a pittance to him, but boredom? To each their own, I guess.

Anyway, sorry for misinterpreting your boredom as your maybe not being aware of legal terminology.

Boring?

I sort of find that an odd reaction to someone who was essentially robbed of over 6 million US dollars while the people who were supposed to be safeguarding his money stood by and did nothing. I can see indifference maybe, because it's a wealthy rock star losing what is probably a pittance to him, but boredom? To each their own, I guess.

Anyway, sorry for misinterpreting your boredom as your maybe not being aware of legal terminology.

Thank you ... no worries. :D
But I am puzzled why my snarky personal reaction to reading a legal document in and of itself has you defending the document and it's contents???

The minutia of a legal document outlining Adam's personal financial woes are not really high on my concern meter and that is what I find boring. I am generally interested as it relates to the band, otherwise...the minutia/details verbage..legal-eze is not a big deal to me. :shrug:
Curious, are you a lawyer? Didn't mean to offend you with my boredom :D

Wow. I wasn't "defending" it, I just feel badly for the guy. Betrayed by someone who's been an employee for nearly 20 years, then further screwed by the incompetence of people he hired to look after his financial interests.

You didn't offend me in the least, I'm just commenting, like everyone else in the thread. As I said, I just found the term "boring," as it relates to this, odd, given that it's a band you care about, with members you care about (it says in your sig that you include yourself amongst a group of people who love Bono...). Given that, I don't think it's such a stretch to think that maybe you might have some interest in (or at least not find boring) something that's personally affecting another member of the band. Maybe you only care about Bono though, who knows. :shrug: It really doesn't matter, it was only an observation. No, I'm not in the legal field.

disclaimer - I'm generally not that interested in the finances of people who have more money than I'll ever see, either. I think it's the whole personal betrayal thing that gets me. That, and the sheer incompetence it would take to misplace over 4 million pounds.

eta - speaking of which, here's the latest: http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0705/claytona.html

Wow. I wasn't "defending" it, I just feel badly for the guy. Betrayed by someone who's been an employee for nearly 20 years, then further screwed by the incompetence of people he hired to look after his financial interests.

You didn't offend me in the least, I'm just commenting, like everyone else in the thread. As I said, I just found the term "boring," as it relates to this, odd, given that it's a band you care about, with members you care about (it says in your sig that you include yourself amongst a group of people who love Bono...). Given that, I don't think it's such a stretch to think that maybe you might have some interest in (or at least not find boring) something that's personally affecting another member of the band. Maybe you only care about Bono though, who knows. :shrug: It really doesn't matter, it was only an observation. No, I'm not in the legal field.

disclaimer - I'm generally not that interested in the finances of people who have more money than I'll ever see, either. I think it's the whole personal betrayal thing that gets me. That, and the sheer incompetence it would take to misplace over 4 million pounds.

eta - speaking of which, here's the latest: RT? News: Court refuses to admit Clayton action

I totally get what you are saying, but I guess I am the one not communicating well.
Yes, I feel badly for Adam, the band and the repurcusions of this alleged crime. I am all for justice.
I was just making a comment about the verbage of the article...the legal-eze, the language , not the message or content. That does not mean that overall regarding this issue I am not concerned with how it effects the band. :sigh:

I forgot to add this earlier. I hope, like others here. Adam does find some justice. It must feel terrible to be betrayed by people you trust.

U2 bassist Adam Clayton “couldn't be bothered” to check that money was pouring out of his bank accounts, a court heard yesterday.

U2 bassist Adam Clayton (left, on stage with The Edge) is suing a bank and his accountants

Mr Clayton is suing his bank and accountants after his PA was allegedly able to withdraw €4m (£3.3m) over five years without being noticed.

Michael McDowell, barrister for Bank of Ireland Private Banking (BOIPB), said Mr Clayton seemed to think the bank should have noticed more than €4m was “haemorrhaging” from his accounts between 2004 and 2009.

Mr Justice Peter Kelly yesterday refused an application by Paul Sreenan, barrister for Mr Clayton, to fast-track the proceedings into the Commercial Court.

Dubliner Mr Clayton last year initiated separate proceedings in the High Court against Ms Hawkins, also from Dublin. Those proceedings have yet to be heard.

Accountants KPMG reported the alleged misappropriation was €4,815,296 (£4m).

It's all a bit of a mess really isn't it?

The accountant that he is suing was one of my lecturers quite a few years ago....small world....

U2 bassist Adam Clayton “couldn't be bothered” to check that money was pouring out of his bank accounts, a court heard yesterday.

U2 bassist Adam Clayton (left, on stage with The Edge) is suing a bank and his accountants

Mr Clayton is suing his bank and accountants after his PA was allegedly able to withdraw €4m (£3.3m) over five years without being noticed.

Michael McDowell, barrister for Bank of Ireland Private Banking (BOIPB), said Mr Clayton seemed to think the bank should have noticed more than €4m was “haemorrhaging” from his accounts between 2004 and 2009.

Mr Justice Peter Kelly yesterday refused an application by Paul Sreenan, barrister for Mr Clayton, to fast-track the proceedings into the Commercial Court.

Dubliner Mr Clayton last year initiated separate proceedings in the High Court against Ms Hawkins, also from Dublin. Those proceedings have yet to be heard.

Accountants KPMG reported the alleged misappropriation was €4,815,296 (£4m).

U2 manager warns Susan Boyle about her Irish financial advisor | Amy Andrews Gossip Girl | IrishCentral

Susan Boyle's family concerned about her fortune | TV | STV Entertainment

A couple of sources, but this has been around the Bloomberg shows.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom