Acoustic ZZZZzzzzzzzzz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yimou

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Anybody here who actually likes when U2 slows down the show and kills the energy with the acoustic mini-sets ?? :yawn:

Does this qualify as a whining post ????,, :wink:

Last edited:
Kill the energy? I don't think so.

I love the acoustic set, it makes the concert flow better. I remember Elevation Milwuakee when they played "Stay" and "In A Little While," there wasn't a dry eye in the house! Sometimes emotion is better than energy.

The acoustic set has to go. The b-stage set on ZooTV was great (besides Satellite Of Love, which I find somewhat boring much of the time), but on Popmart and Elevation, the acoustic set was pretty unexciting. It thoroughly butchered Stay and Staring At The Sun, though I concede that Desire was pretty good.

I have a hard time believing U2 will stop playing an acoustic set, though. And when I'm there, I'm sure I will really enjoy it.

Yeah I'm not too crazy about acoustic sets anyway, even if it is U2, plus, it's technically only half of U2 playing with the acoustic set.

I much prefer full band versions, IMO.

Last edited:
I don't like acoustic Staring At The Sun, but I quite like Stay when it's toned down. Prolonged acoustic sets are not so good for me either. Perhpas if there was some variety in them - I can think of a number of U2 songs that i'd like to hear acoustic performances of on the odd night - then i'd like them more.

Back
Top Bottom