Achtung Baby/Zooropa remasters CONFIRMED for Fall 2011 by Rolling Stone - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick66 said:
Ernies saying that this thread is evidence that its participants of are of sub-human intelligence (a thread he's participated in, I might add).

I understood what he said, but i think i refused to believe he wrote that. Because i used to like and enjoy some posts he made...

That remark made by that obnoxious guy really makes me sick. The sub-human comment. Very nazi-like.

"And I wanna thank the Edge's mother for 500 pounds!"

fail16.jpg

:fist: You said you have all of it already. So that would mean you have everything I mentioned. Waiting.............................. ;)

Ok so what is it you are wanting?
I don't get all hot and horny over demos, etc. like some do. I did the entire "wait in line" etc for when B-sides came out back in '98 - I listened to them a few times - meh.

You forgot the amazon.com listings stating they're remastered, and the Rolling Stone interview with Paul McGuinness a few weeks ago (there was no direct reference to remastering by McGuinness, but the article did state that it would be remastered... but I concede that it's quite possible that the writer of the article made up that detail). Also, I'd argue that just the precedent set by the previous U2 reissues should carry some weight.

That said, I agree with you. I now believe the evidence that AB is NOT remastered outweighs the evidence that it is. But thanks to the conflicting information out there, we just can't know for sure.

That's exactly how I feel about this. Thanks for putting it down nicely, I can't seem to do that without people imisinterpreting whatever I say.

canedge said:
I said that Nick. It is just the way they communicate. The written word isn't important. They are not good at details.

BTW, it is 11AM EST and I haven't told you to go FUG yourself yet today so I am doing that now.

Nick, go FUG yourself.

Didn't you just recently try and give someone a lesson in social decorum?

Yeah, what? If you bought one of the CDs with Exit mastered way too quiet and Track 10 including the One Tree Hill coda, the Joshua Tree remaster is quite an improvement.

I'll give it another listen. It is possible the system I used was the problem. But that was the #1 item I wanted corrected on the remaster and my initial thoughts were minimal improvement. But since several people expressed otherwise, it's worth exploring again. Thanks! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom