Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part III/ three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to inject some 'remaster' crap back into this thread...

both the Amazon and Best Buy descriptions no longer list "Remaster"...:shrug:

Amazon.com: Achtung Baby (2 CD Deluxe Edition): U2: Music

achtung baby - BestBuy

Don't know if this is old news or not...just passing it on...

Meh. :huh: And again, Best Buy and Amazon are not official sources. And I don't think we'll get any official confirmation for some time or at all.

I wonder if they tried remastering it, but gave up. :hmm:

Meh. :huh: And again, Best Buy and Amazon are not official sources. And I don't think we'll get any official confirmation for some time or at all.

(sigh)

The Press Release doesn't say it's remastered. Universal, essentially the band's label, told two different U2 sites it wasn't remastered. Now, Amazon and Best Buy simultaneously CHANGE their listing and remove any mention of remaster. I wonder what prompted them to do that?

I do agree that the band probably considered remastering it, and maybe even gave it a shot, but decided they liked it as it was (imagine that).

maybe Edge or Lanois told Amazon?

:corn:

I think Edge is in the South of France right now and Achtung Baby is the last thing on his mind (except maybe how this remaster can finance that trip).

Come to think of it, Edge being in the South of France might have a lot to do with why he didn't do a remaster on this one. :)

prbiker15 said:

I wonder if they tried remastering it, but gave up. :hmm:

What are you getting at, that they shouldnt be believed? They changed the wording deliberately! Its not an omission or a typo! :lol:

People waiting to see the phrase "not remastered" :lol: :huh:

canedge said:
I'll be talking to Dan in a few days. We love to get etymological on each other.

First sentence: given where you live, while unlikely, this is not entirely unbelievable. If, however, all along youve had the ability to have these sorts of chats with good ol' Danny, Ima slap you silly next time I see ya! :wink:

Second sentence: Scary.

IT WON'T BE REMASTERED, IT'LL JUST BE TWEAKED SO IT'S REALLY REALLY LOUD, LlKE EVERYTHING ELSE THESE DAYS.

FUCKING LOUDNESS WARS.

.... SPEAK UP, SONNY!

Eh?

tom-waits-megaphone.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom