Achtung Baby BOXSET reissue - Number 6 - THIS THREAD IS ÜBER DELUXE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally got my super from JB hifi..

The box is clearly stamped Made in germany, region free, but it is NTSC, which is strange...

The box is clearly stamped Made in germany, region free, but it is NTSC, which is strange...

You're kidding! The day I give up and order from Amazon is the day stock arrives in Australia! :lol:

I wonder if JB received only enough boxes for previous orders or they have some extras :hmm:

Also the prices have changed on JB since yesterday. The Uber and Super went down to $399 and $119, now they're back to $499 and $149 :huh:

Really? Do you have a screen shot or something? Cos I'll definitely complain. There was a $4 price discrepancy once and they sent me a $10 voucher.

Really? Do you have a screen shot or something? Cos I'll definitely complain. There was a $4 price discrepancy once and they sent me a $10 voucher.

Unfortunately I didn't take a screen shot, but the price for the Super has been jumping around a lot since the release date. I remember it also being $129 and $139 at one point. Bizarre. :shrug:

They told me they'd refund the difference if it changed. Bastards.

Yeah, the NTSC thing is weird though.

Still the box is beautiful. Just watching the bonuses dvd. Haven't seen any of it before, so very exciting!

Bravo!!!!! That means the rest of us Aussies should get theirs delivered in the next day or so!!! Finally!!!
In regards to the price of the Super Deluxe changing, when I ordered mine in early September it was $139 and now says it's $149 on the site but they guarantee you only pay the cheaper price :)

Yeah I checked the Super deluxes in the stores here, all NTSC. Man, they looked so pretty.

:sigh: I reckon another email to universal is on the to do list tomorrow. And this time I want some goddamn results rather than a generic "I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything". Which is NEVER. :| All I've ever had from him were direct responses. NEVER has Universal emailed me telling me at least SOME info.

Yeah I checked the Super deluxes in the stores here, all NTSC. Man, they looked so pretty.

:sigh: I reckon another email to universal is on the to do list tomorrow. And this time I want some goddamn results rather than a generic "I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything". Which is NEVER. :| All I've ever had from him were direct responses. NEVER has Universal emailed me telling me at least SOME info.

I don't know why you keep screwing around w/these people GG. Send them an email saying you want replacements shipped, tomorrow, or a refund issued immediately. Tell them that whatever is going on w/Parcel Force is their problem, not yours. Parcel Force is their agent, meaning Parcel Force losing it is the same as Universal losing it...i.e. not your problem. Don't put up with another single email saying they are looking into it. You paid money, you don't have your product, it's that simple. New shipment or refund, period.

:reject: I know, you are entirely right. But it seems so.. I dunno rude or something to do. I don't actually know what the heck is going on, and at the same time this universal guy can be doing what he can for me. And if I scold him like that it'd be pretty mean. But on the other hand, they could just be putting me off and doing nothing to help me. It just sucks that I don't know a bloody thing!

:reject: I know, you are entirely right. But it seems so.. I dunno rude or something to do. I don't actually know what the heck is going on, and at the same time this universal guy can be doing what he can for me. And if I scold him like that it'd be pretty mean. But on the other hand, they could just be putting me off and doing nothing to help me. It just sucks that I don't know a bloody thing!

Doing the best he can for you means getting you out a replacement, or getting you your money back. I know you want the lithographs, but honestly, at this point you don't have anything at all.

You can be polite, but firm. Just tell them you've been patient, but that you really need either a replacement sent immediately (your preference) or a refund issued to your card. And tell them you'll notify them immediately when/if the original shipment arrives. They have ZERO leg to stand on here. You are 100% in the right.

If they knew where your package was, you'd have it. It's lost. No number of emails he sends to Parcel Force is going to change that. And it's not your responsibility to track this thing down or have to deal w/Parcel Force yourself. You've been patient, but really, you're their customer and it's time for them to make this right.

You're right. Email sent. I'm not sure what I want right now. If they'd replace it with a lithograph included version, that'd be ace. But then who says it'll arrive once again. :crack: Maybe I'd best just hope for a refund and get the boxset elsewhere.

If I had known this in advance I'd have gone with Amazon. :sigh: Would've had my fancy boxset three weeks ago without a blimp.

Thank you for the help Nick, guess I needed a bit of a kick in the arse to finally stand up to this ridiculous treatment.

I don't know why you keep screwing around w/these people GG. Send them an email saying you want replacements shipped, tomorrow, or a refund issued immediately. Tell them that whatever is going on w/Parcel Force is their problem, not yours. Parcel Force is their agent, meaning Parcel Force losing it is the same as Universal losing it...i.e. not your problem. Don't put up with another single email saying they are looking into it. You paid money, you don't have your product, it's that simple. New shipment or refund, period.

:up:

It's November 13th now. This is incredibly disrespectful of Universal to treat you this way.

GG, it's really shocking and unacceptable that you still haven't received your order tbh - you are totally within your rights to cancel and demand a full refund... i would've given them serious grief by now, and would most definitely have cancelled and taken my business elsewhere...

GaleonGirl, you should really cancel your order! I cancelled mine from JB after they told me that they didn't know if my uber would ever come in (apparently I was in the 'second' line of orders they made...)

Anyway, after receiving a full refund, I ordered it from Amazon on Thursday and received it TODAY! It was that quick!

I wanted to cancel my order and buy it in a store here, but no Dutch store nor website carries it anymore. So I'd have to try my luck with another online store.

Universal has now offerend to send me replacements asap, and hopefully this time the tracking numbers WILL work. Otherwise some serious shit is bound to happen.

Dan, I think someone on @u2 figured out the easter eggs, but I can't find the link on twitter anymore.

I don't understand why they would give us a shorter FTSD in the re release it baffles me! I guess they want to make MORE money when they release a blu ray version but still it's messed up! They cut out a little but still I don't understand.

Back
Top Bottom