Achtung Baby BOXSET reissue - Number 6 - THIS THREAD IS ÜBER DELUXE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still waiting for mine. :sigh:

Unfu**ing believable. I'd be furious if I were you...especially since I know you were waiting for this one more than almost anyone on here.

If it's not in your hands this time next week, I think they need to send you a replacement, via overnight delivery, at their expense. It's pretty outrageous. Just curious...why did you go w/Universal over Amazon? Isn't Amazon cheaper?

I have no idea how you've resisted the temptation to download the FLAC's. :)

Caved in for the 2 CD version today...also saw a deluxe box for 250 EUR (JT in comparison the mega edition was 50 EUR).

It is huge - bigger than the Rose Bowl box.

er...aren't the drums in Oh Berlin just the drum track from an early version of Acrobat?

Why do you think he didn't play it?

Yes afaik they are.

I was being facetious, there's a few people who think Larry isn't capable of playing those drums more than the couple times it took him to lay down the track for Acrobat :lol:

U2 didn't write "Everybody Loves A Winner". It's a cover, originally written by Bill Williams and Booker T. Jones.

Um, yes. That's why I asked at what point in the AB process this was recorded. It seems like an odd choice and an odd musical style for a group that was supposedly being influenced by Nine Inch Nails and Einsterzende Neubauten. My theory is that this was one of the first things they recorded after their break, long before AB started to take direction. But I was wondering if anyone here knew the real story.

The most devastating thing just happened to me:

I pre-ordered my Super Deluxe the day it came available on Amazon. I saved money from every single paycheck from that time to Monday when it was shipped. I was so excited to get this. My favorite U2 album ever, an awesome deluxe box set, an awesome Kindergarten disc. I was so excited.

When my Super Deluxe came on Tuesday, I spent the whole night listening to it. Wednesday I spent all day watching the videos and reading the 92-page book (which is so, so cool). I was so happy. Such amazing material from this album.

Then....the worst happened. I come home from work last night (and, by the way, I'm staying at my parents' house while we wait for our apartment to be ready) only to find out that my dear mother, had placed her 44 ounce cup of Diet Coke on the coffee table on which I had my Super Deluxe out for display.

Yup, you guessed it. The Diet Coke spilled over everything - including my beloved Super Deluxe Achtung Baby - and my parents didn't catch it until it had soaked into the deluxe box, destroyed the 16 pictures of the album artwork, ruined the book, and soaked through that beautiful container. Surprisingly, the only thing that wasn't hurt bad were the CD's and DVD's, which is pretty lucky, I guess. But a lot of the stuff on those I've already seen/heard, so I was mainly excited for all the pictures, the book, and the awesomely huge box set. Which is now covered with this huge, glaring soda stain.

Yeah. Pretty much ruined.

Really depressed now. :sad:

TheEdge25 said:

I pre-ordered my Super Deluxe the day it came available on Amazon. I saved money from every single paycheck from that time to Monday when it was shipped. I was so excited to get this. My favorite U2 album ever, an awesome deluxe box set, an awesome Kindergarten disc. I was so excited.

When my Super Deluxe came on Tuesday, I spent the whole night listening to it. Wednesday I spent all day watching the videos and reading the 92-page book (which is so, so cool). I was so happy. Such amazing material from this album.

Then....the worst happened. I come home from work last night (and, by the way, I'm staying at my parents' house while we wait for our apartment to be ready) only to find out that my dear mother, had placed her 44 ounce cup of Diet Coke on the coffee table on which I had my Super Deluxe out for display.

Yup, you guessed it. The Diet Coke spilled over everything - including my beloved Super Deluxe Achtung Baby - and my parents didn't catch it until it had soaked into the deluxe box, destroyed the 16 pictures of the album artwork, ruined the book, and soaked through that beautiful container. Surprisingly, the only thing that wasn't hurt bad were the CD's and DVD's, which is pretty lucky, I guess. But a lot of the stuff on those I've already seen/heard, so I was mainly excited for all the pictures, the book, and the awesomely huge box set. Which is now covered with this huge, glaring soda stain.

Oh no!
So sorry- Sounds like they owe you a replacement. Maybe even an Über to make up for the heartbreak!

Ouch. Sorry man. I think they owe you big time!

If only your mum drank diet Sprite or 7-UP, the damage wouldn't have been so bad.

Is this actually real? How would one tell? Has anyone grabbed this and checked it out?

Yes, it's real, HD Tracks is legit. I only wish U2 would have made the 24bit available to purchasers of the Super & Uber Deluxe...it would have made the price a bit easier to swallow and added value to the set. But perhaps they have some kind of exclusivity deal with HD Tracks.

In fact, eventually iTunes will probably go this direction w/their downloads once they can make the agreements w/the labels. As soon as iTunes starts offering 24bit, lossless music downloads, they'll be able to legitimately say it's "better than CD" quality.

Whether you have the ears & equipment to tell the diff w/a 24 bit recording is another matter, however. :)

Still waiting for mine. :sigh:

That's incredible. I got a notice in my mailbox yesterday that they attempted delivery and the package from Universal UK is now sitting at my post office waiting for me to pick it up. How can it possible make it to Dallas, Texas before it makes it to you.

That's incredible. I got a notice in my mailbox yesterday that they attempted delivery and the package from Universal UK is now sitting at my post office waiting for me to pick it up. How can it possible make it to Dallas, Texas before it makes it to you.

Customs are a bitch.

Customs are a bitch.

Customs shouldn't take this long. It's from the EU to the EU...it should go through pretty quickly. I live in the UK and order stuff from Europe all the time and it comes in a few days. And when I lived in Geneva I ordered stuff from Amazon.co.uk pretty regularly and that went straight through.

There's something amiss with GG's order, and she's right to be annoyed.

Customs shouldn't take this long. It's from the EU to the EU...it should go through pretty quickly. I live in the UK and order stuff from Europe all the time and it comes in a few days. And when I lived in Geneva I ordered stuff from Amazon.co.uk pretty regularly and that went straight through.

There's something amiss with GG's order, and she's right to be annoyed.

Lucky you, mate. You can't even imagine how bad customs are in my part of the globe...

Speaking of coupons, I have a promo code for 20% off HDtracks purchases. Brings the deluxe edition 24bit under $20: 20offHDtracks08

Speaking of coupons, I have a promo code for 20% off HDtracks purchases. Brings the deluxe edition 24bit under $20: 20offHDtracks08
I'd jump all over that, it's the same price as the regular Deluxe Edition. Plus it's gonna sound fantastic.

Where are you?

Brazil. Sometimes things get stuck on customs for as long as 3 months. And sometimes they will simply steal it...
And they are very well payed, so money is no excuse for the lazy job they provide.

I bought my box on Amazon.de and it was shipped on 27. I'll be lucky if i get it before december... Because our postal service pretty much sucks too...

Brazil. Sometimes things get stuck on customs for as long as 3 months. And sometimes they will simply steal it...
And they are very well payed, so money is no excuse for the lazy job they provide.

I bought my box on Amazon.de and it was shipped on 27. I'll be lucky if i get it before december... Because our postal service pretty much sucks too...

Yeah. I lived in Chile for a year, and getting stuff mailed there was a nightmare.

If I really needed/wanted something right away, I just used an express service...they handle all the customs and it always came pretty quickly...obviously much quicker than using the regular mail service.

Yeah. I lived in Chile for a year, and getting stuff mailed there was a nightmare.

If I really needed/wanted something right away, I just used an express service...they handle all the customs and it always came pretty quickly...obviously much quicker than using the regular mail service.

But then you know you're going to pay taxes. And taxes here = 100% of the value...

Thanks for this.

I am in the process of downloading the Deluxe Version as we speak. I'm in the UK. You can use this service in the UK, you have to use Paypal as your payment option. It cost me £11.88...not bad really. The Liner notes come as a PDF file and look pretty damned fine.

So, how do I burn this as a DVD-Audio disc and retain the high quality? I don't want to burn it to CD as it'll cut the quality down.

I'm going to make special discs for this, use Lightscribe DVD-A's and put it in the Super Deluxe box.

Back
Top Bottom