Achtung Baby BOXSET reissue - Number 6 - THIS THREAD IS ÜBER DELUXE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Unter Remixes are reallllllly horrible. :down: :down: I don't think I'm going to upload that disk to iTunes, and I usually put everything on there for the sake of completeness. That's how bad it sucks.

I also finally got the super deluxe. It looks wonderful. It sucks that I'm on holiday right now so I can't listen to or watch anything.:lol:

The book and the art prints look nice though.

Got the Super Deluxe for Christmas as well. Was impressed from the moment I took the plastic off- "ooh, spot aqueous on the cover, nice touch." I guess I'm kind of a graphic design/printing techniques nerd.

Contents are pretty awesome, too.

Got the Super Deluxe Edition for Christmas too (thank you Sweetheart...:heart:) Loving the Bonus DVD!!! I lost most of those programs from my VHS collection a few years back...nice to have them on DVD...looking forward to the Blu-Ray version of "From the Sky Down"...:up:

My Sydney DVD worked in one of my DVD players but not the other, so I emailed Universal late on 12/24 for a replacement, just as backup. They responded on 12/26 asking for my address, to which I replied right away. DVD was delivered today. Less than 5 day total turnaround, with a holiday. Looks like Universal is on the ball with this one, for those of us late to the party.

:shifty: just checked JB HI FI here in Sydders . . . super deluxe down to $120 with no freight charges . . . kerrrrrrrrccccchhhhhhhhhh-iiiiiiiiiiiing! that baby is now mine :love: . . . gah, how I adore online shopping :loveshower:

(for what it's worth, the uber is now down to $399 on the JB website but is pick up only and, having done a little investigating, I know that none of the stores within an hour or so of me have them and with U2.com sold out and red eye records not even stocking the uber, the very idea that I may not get even the super just got toooo much for me :reject: )

Some unreal gems on here, the whole baby AB, and cant stop listening to heaven and hell, and oh berlin pretty fucking great, near the island is gergeous, so glad got to hear some of these songs and quite suprised there isnt much discussion about them.

I'm so glad I didn't get the Uber Deluxe, I have never even considered buying it when I have everything I want with the Super Deluxe and it's much cheaper. I find it funny that people are complaining about spending too much money on the Uber Deluxe after buying it when they knew exactly what they would get. From the Super Deluxe I love everything except most remixes, I don't think I'll ever listen to them again. The B Sides and the Kindergarten disc are wonderful, I listen to them a lot, and the book is beautiful, too.

Don't know if anyone ever determined this for sure on here, but the reissue IS remastered. Whether it's a full analog remaster or simply a digital remaster, I do not know. However, it is generally louder. Having music in a lossless format and seeing the kbps difference is all the difference. The bigger the kbps, the louder when music is playing.

From the Super Deluxe I love everything except most remixes, I don't think I'll ever listen to them again. The B Sides and the Kindergarten disc are wonderful, I listen to them a lot, and the book is beautiful, too.

I'm the same way when it comes to the remixes. I didn't even copy them into iTunes, so it's doubtful I'll ever listen them again. Well, not anytime in the foreseeable future, that's for sure.

My super deluxe arrived today :yippie:

I haven't had time to really investigate it yet (darn those meddling kids; who invented school holidays anyway :angry: :wink: )

Can not wait to pore over it in its entirety during the next few days.

I will say this though ~ the packaging is fantastic, much better than I had expected, and it's just so damn pretty I smile every time I walk past it :reject: :heart:

cobl04 said:
Yay! :D I didn't think you were going to get it! It is absolutely beautiful, and worth every cent.

I did have my heart set on the uber but couldn't really find a way to justify the $$$ in light of other more grown up expenses that required our attention!
However, I ended up getting a small bonus from work and well, $120 to have it delivered to my door didn't seem quite so outrageous after all :D

Ok..I have the PAL version of the Live in Sydney concert DVD. I'm okay with that. I can just send for a replacement copy. But on top of all that, track #7 (The Fly) of the Achtung Baby remastered CD (disc one), cuts out at 2:16 in my Playstation 3 only! It plays fine in the CD player in my car, but every time it reaches the 2:16 mark on my PS3, the sound cuts out. The progress bar with the elapsed time keeps moving, showing that the track is playing, but no sound. I jump to the next tracks..progress bar and elapsed time meter shows that it is playing, but no sound. I jump back to the previous tracks..no sound...same thing. I try to put in a totally different disc...and I get no sound in that disc either. I have to shut down my PS3 and restart it. Then it plays sound again...up until the 2:16 mark of The Fly. I can skip over The Fly and it plays the remaining tracks just fine, but if I let it get to the 2:16 mark of The Fly, I have to do the whole "restart" thing. Very odd. I wonder if there are any PS3 users out there that are experiencing the same issue. If someone reading this, knows a better thread I can post this question in, please let me know.
I'm not sure about your problem, but it could have something to do with the shape of the disc -- that it's bent or imperfectly made in some way. A few years ago, I bought the Nirvana: With the Lights Out set and one of the discs would play fine on my CD player, but wouldn't rip or play properly on my computer. I looked at the disc and the metallic top (on which the label with cover art and title are found) was slightly larger on one edge than the plastic layer beneath; this was causing it to not spin right in the computer, I guess. Perhaps, your disc is misshapen in some way. You could say it's defective to the company or store from which you ordered it and they'll send you a new set, provided you send back your defective set.

Don't know if anyone ever determined this for sure on here, but the reissue IS remastered. Whether it's a full analog remaster or simply a digital remaster, I do not know. However, it is generally louder. Having music in a lossless format and seeing the kbps difference is all the difference. The bigger the kbps, the louder when music is playing.

I thought the consensus was they fixed the volume levels, but didn't do a remaster that they did for the 80's albums.

:shrug:

Just warning folks who have the Uber Deluxe set not to leave the top compartment of the box full and take out the bottom shelf. I left my set like that for a few hours and then found the top section to have sunk; the cheap glue couldn't hold the stuff up, so you need the bottom shelf to hold the top compartment up.

Anyone else have problems with the bottom shelf tearing at the corners? It's like it can't take the pressure I apply when pulling it out. Very cheaply made for such an expensive set, and don't accuse me of unfairly complaining if the thing is falling apart upon my first day of usage; it's bad design. Looks beautiful, though.

Try to set it straight up, that's what I do, so nothing will sink or something like that

Was the AB uber deluxe boxset supposed to be a very limited production? I notice Amazon (US) still has more than a few left. Thought they would be discontinued and sold out by now...

Was the AB uber deluxe boxset supposed to be a very limited production? I notice Amazon (US) still has more than a few left. Thought they would be discontinued and sold out by now...

What is more than a few? They state "Only 16 left in stock".
But to answer your question, yes it was a limited production (I believe I heard the production run was 5,000 but it could be different). So once these are gone, there won't be any new ones made.

So, are you really just realizing that the AB reissue was nothing more than cynical money grab by a once-tremendous band that is quickly becoming irrelevant? I paid $120 for the vinyl box set and soon realized my longttime support means nothing but dollar signs to these fools (nothing more than the album and a few B-sides on blue vinyl). Acts with integrity, such as Jack White and Radiohead, charge far less for the equivalent and make it an experience (see the King of Limbs newspaper special edition for $55). Fuck U2. I'm done buying their music and paying way too much to go see them being ants on a stage. Hey, McGuinne$$, you've lost another wallet, er, fan.

As if the pot around here didn't need to be stirred any further. Good God, I didn't mean anything by my post. Was merely asking a question, only to have it twisted into something negative. I asked because I might like to add it to my collection and wasn't sure how limited the production was. Sorry.....

So, are you really just realizing that the AB reissue was nothing more than cynical money grab by a once-tremendous band that is quickly becoming irrelevant? I paid $120 for the vinyl box set and soon realized my longttime support means nothing but dollar signs to these fools (nothing more than the album and a few B-sides on blue vinyl). Acts with integrity, such as Jack White and Radiohead, charge far less for the equivalent and make it an experience (see the King of Limbs newspaper special edition for $55). Fuck U2. I'm done buying their music and paying way too much to go see them being ants on a stage. Hey, McGuinne$$, you've lost another wallet, er, fan.

if you're paying out the ass for an upper deck seat, then that's your own fault. It was very, very easy to get affordable tickets on 360.

No. They won't miss me. There are plenty of assembly-line corporate rock fans -- such as you all - who will be willing to ignore their growing lack of integrity. For the record, I paid $250 for "good seats" through U2.com in the 100 section that were still absolute shit.
Enjoy the Will.I.Am-prodcued Live Nation experience and feeding the gullets of the tax-dodging 1%.
These guys are becoming a punchline.
Fools.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom