A coworker has cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regina Filangie

The Fly
A guy I work with went to the doctor because he thought he had some sort of respiratory infection. Turns out he has lung cancer and it's spread to such an extent that they've told him surgery and/or chemotherapy would not make a difference. It's terminal and all they can do at this point is to try and make him comfortable. Can you imagine going to the doctor thinking you just need some antibiotics and finding out you're going to die ? It really shows you how fragile life is and how quickly everything can turn upside down. Poor guy is only 53, but smokes like a chimney.

Sorry to hear that :( half my family died of cancer, so I know how quick it can suddenly go...

odd thing is tho, my grandma survived cancer, yet at age 85 she suddenly died of a heart attack... she was never ill! only little pains and such :huh: and then it's pretty sudden...

I hope they can make him comfortable for as long as possible.. at least he found out now and not at the last moment, or even not finding out at all!

Cancer is fickle; my mother smoked for most of her life and we lived across the street from a Mobil Oil refinery but she died of liver cancer...doctor's told us her lungs were clear...its just a fickle, fickle cancer...so sorry to hear about your friend...

How about this to other posters - PUT THOSE FREAKING CIGARETTES DOWN! Please, spare your loved ones the pain...:hug:

That's awful. What a shock it must be for everyone. Sorry to hear that.

:hug: Big hugs to you. Cancer is such a horrid disease. We lost my dear father in law 3 years ago. He went to the doctor with a sore arm and came out diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia. He died only 5 months later. He had just turned 59, and had spent his life working his butt off so he could fulfil all his dreams when he retired - travel the world etc. :tsk:

One thing we learnt from our time with him after his diagnosis, is that we treasured every moment, and made sure we let him know how much he meant to us....:hug:

So sorry to hear bout your friend. :hug: :(

Cancer is such an awful disease. I lost my mum to it 3 1/2 years a go so i know how hard it is. I hope he is made as comfortable as possible. :hug:

Mr. BAW said:

How about this to other posters - PUT THOSE FREAKING CIGARETTES DOWN! Please, spare your loved ones the pain...:hug:

:yes: :hug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom