The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
damn italians

John slept all day. He spent the nite fighting with the nurses trying to get up and get out. :tsk: So now they had to tie his arms and legs to the bed. :grumpy:

He didnt eat today either.. he was awake for a little but totally out of it.. he kept saying he had to work, he wanted to take a shower.. he asked his girlfriend to help him get out of there and asked where was she parked. Its kind of funny actually.. he makes us laugh cuz he's just so drugged up. I guess they gave him more medication now so he'd sleep. The nurses must want to just leave when they see their schedule and they have to take care of John. :laugh: :silent:

I keep trying to tell him he's in the hospital and he got in a bad accident and his leg is broken so he cant walk but he must just forget cuz he asks the same questions all the time and keeps wanting to leave.

Re: damn italians

Sicy said:
He spent the nite fighting with the nurses trying to get up and get out. :tsk: So now they had to tie his arms and legs to the bed. :grumpy:

I know I probably shouldn't be laughing... but that is funny! He's a fighter Sicy! A good thing. :D

Sicy I love you. I am sorry that in my long absense I was unable to give you my love when you need it most. The beetles and I s?ng with the chickens for you and your brother...

Re: Re: damn italians

Angel said:

I know I probably shouldn't be laughing... but that is funny! He's a fighter Sicy! A good thing. :D

Yes...be happy that he is trying so hard to get up. So many times people are horribly injured like that, and they just lose their will to live and want to give up. Your brother sounds tough...guess that's why you grew up so tough as well. :D

stubborn italians!

Glad to see things are looking up for your brother, Sicy. He's a fighter!

Why can I picture Larry doing the same thing?
:larry: : lemme outta here!
:bono: : :yawn: tie him down again Edge
:adam: : I thought it was my turn..

:eek: ;)

Hope you are doing well too! :)

lol olive

notiti said:
The beetles and I s?ng with the chickens for you and your brother...

That is actually very funny because he often spoke of beetles and chickens when we're being silly.

I know its good that he wants to get up .. but if he acts like this everyday and doesnt listen to anyone they're just going to end up sedating him and tying him to the bed all the time and its totally stressing me out. :scream: In a way I wish they would just take all his pain medication away so he can feel it and maybe realize that HE CANT GET UP.

Bonochick you said exactly what my boss told me. I'm glad he's not giving up.. I just dont want him to hurt himself more than he already is.

:rant:

And I hate being at work. :banghead:

well this is sooner than I expected

My mom just called me and told me they're moving him out of intensive care now and into an orthopedic unit. :scratch: I guess as far as breating and heart rate and all that he doesnt need to be monitored anymore.

But I think I'm going to have to hire a bodyguard to stand by his bed to make sure he doesnt try to leave. :|

Would he like a cup of tea?

I'm glad his recovery is progressing so well Sicy. His spirit through all this has taught me something. Thanks for that.
It is very much reminding me of my experience in a way. I remember wandering along the road after my car accident( I think adrenaline kicks in, i was like superwoman , dragging the driver out through the window, across a flooded creek and up a steep embankment). When we finally got a car to stop and help us I was saying, 'just take me home, i'll have a cup of tea, iI'll be Ok in the morning" They were like "no mate, you're off to hospital" They were heaving I had so much blood on me, I didn't realise.

And then hooked up to all the machines after my operation....of all things my parents had been travelling for 6 weeks, the accident occurred on the night before they were due home. I was so heavily sedated...appparently they kept trying to leave the IC Unit, I'd appear to be asleep bu the minute they moved I'd say in a groggy voice
" don't leave I haven't seen you for six weeks" and promptly pass out again.They just had to sit there half the night and watch me snore(probably) Must be tied by a thread eh?

So once again a me/cass tory...but it seems to help...thanks sicy and good luck john....I admire your spirit.:up:

I know how you feel right now Sicy. :( My mom went in for a hysterectromy today. She was fine in surgery but is having a really hard time recovering.

All day she's been in bad shape. HEr hemoglobin levels are supposed to be at 120. Hers is at 40. Her Blood pressure is dangerously low. She's had three blood transfusions to stabilize her, ans she's only slowly impoving.

The worst thing is that I can't be there. They sent me home because my little sister is here. So is my brotehr. Neither of them know that things are this bad. I feel so helpless. I can't even donate blood to her because I'm stuck here.
:( :banghead:

Last edited:
today was a good day

cass: I cant believe your story.. that's crazy! Adreneline is so powerful. Right after the accident with all those broken bones my brother tried to sit up.. AND take his helmet off! :no:
Thank you for sharing.

Sweetest Thing: :( I cant believe a hysterectomy is that dangerous. You must feel so helpless.. there must be some way you can be there for her. I will say a prayer for your mom. :hug:

John was doing so much better today. He wasnt fussy.. he wasnt fighting.. the nurse said he was a perfect patient all day. :) He was not loony either. Everything he said made sense. :laugh: I came when they were serving him dinner.. so I took over and helped him eat. He was hitting on the nurse :silent: He told her she was well-rounded. :lol: My brother is so hilarious. I wish you could all meet him. The nurse even let us stay while she changed the bandages on his leg. :barf: It was the grossest thing I've ever seen. A big whole on the side of his leg with bone and muscles showing.. ugh. I'm surprised I didnt pass out. John thought it was cool. :rolleyes:

They're doing the surgery tomorrow now they decided.. on his arm.. the bone graph and all that. Its going to be scary but he's doing so well that I think he should have no problem getting through it. Then they're going to put him in his own room with a private nurse. She better not be a bitch. :|

:hug: sweetest thing, i'm so sorry to hear about your mother. :( i can't imagine how you must be feeling. :(

sicy, i'm glad your brother is doing better. :)

the four of you (sweetest thing, her mother, sicy, and her brother) will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I don't think I've seen you use that many smilies in a story before Sicy

I'm glad to hear your brother is doing so much better Sicy :hug:

Re: today was a good day

Sicy said:
He was hitting on the nurse :silent: He told her she was well-rounded. :lol: My brother is so hilarious. She better not be a bitch

:lmao: ROTFLMAO!!! :lmao:

:yes: Mangia Giovanni mangia!:yes:

Sicy... your brother rocks. He sounds like a super cool guy. 'Well-rounded' :lol: How did the nurse react? :sexywink:

Anyway... glad to hear he is doing better and i will be thinking of you all today during his surgergy.

drugs are a good thing.....

Sicy, I'm so glad that he's doing better and that he's at the point where you can converse with him.

If it's any consolation to you, a few years ago I was in the hospital and on ALOT of pain medication and drugs and I never felt a stitch of pain. I always said that my time in the hospital was more painful for my family and friends than it was for me. I was always high!!!!

Anyway, not to digress, just reminding you that if he is that "loopy" on the drugs than he's feelin alllllllright and he's not in pain.

But, again, glad he's doing better!!!
:hug:

...good to hear he is doing better...

...my father was in the hospital for a while - he tried to get out and escape almost every day. It actually turned into a joke - he also came up with funny stories of how some of the nurses were 'out to get him'...

...you will be able to laugh about this in the future with your brother, just know for now that it is the drugs talking...

So let me get this straight: first he hits on the nurse and says she's well rounded, and then they give him a private nurse?!?

:lmao:

Hey Sicy, glad to hear that your brother is doing better! Just to let you know, when i was in the hospital, I had one of those nurses that was a tad bit aggressive for me when I was in labor with Daisy. My mother was beyond furious when she saw how she handled me during my contractions. She made sure she got another nurse for me. If the nurse is being a bitch demand another one. I'm sure they will give you another one.

Well the surgery went well. As well as it could I guess. His left arm is really messed up. Even after the bone graph they're not sure if it will be normal again. There's actually like a chunk of bone missing from his elbow area that I guess they cant do much about or something. But he's got like 6 - 8 screws in there. I saw the x ray :| They didnt do the nerve graph today. They're waiting 6 weeks. Its like the surgeries will never end. They sewed up the holes in his leg. He's got other problems though. His pelvis doesnt sit quite right and his leg and ankle are kind of turned outward a bit. But he can decide later if he wants more surgery to fix that stuff. grrr. So he was awake almost right after the surgery. I fed him some ice cream then he was tired cuz I guess he didnt sleep last nite much so I came home. I cant wait till he gets his own room.

I think he's starting to realize that he's not going anywhere for a while.

Angel said:
How did the nurse react? :sexywink:

She laughed and said 'Why thank you'. She's really cool.

u2loopy said:
Anyway, not to digress, just reminding you that if he is that "loopy" on the drugs than he's feelin alllllllright and he's not in pain.

Yeah he's strong too.. even if he's in pain he wont really show it.

ouizy said:
...my father was in the hospital for a while - he tried to get out and escape almost every day. It actually turned into a joke - he also came up with funny stories of how some of the nurses were 'out to get him'...

:silent: :laugh:

U2girl said:
So let me get this straight: first he hits on the nurse and says she's well rounded, and then they give him a private nurse?!?

Well.. yeah. He hasnt moved yet so I havent met the nurse.

Nellie that sucks. I know its like some of the nurses are sooo cool and others are just such mean bitches. :mad:

I'm so exhausted

Oh Sicy.... :( HIs arm...if they wait to do the nerve graph, doesn't that mean he can't move his arm? Won't it like, atrophy or something?
What do you mean by his pelvis doesn't sit right? Does he know all this? *bigsigh* How's he taking all this?

:|

Mom update: After I went home Monday nighht they kept giving her new blood. She had 6 transfusions and her hemoglobin count and blood pressure FINALLY rose. But when they measured it again 2 hrs later, the hemoglobin level had dropped from 110 to 80. An hour after that it was 65 (normal is 12).
So they figured she was bleeding internally and they took her back down to surgery, opened her up and sewed up an open blood vessel.
I saw her yesterday and today. She looks much better, but the main problem is her kidneys. They went into failure due to the bleeding and the lack of blood, so she's taking in all these fluids on IV but hardly anything comes out. Poor mommy. :sad: I've been at the hospital so much all the nurses know me by name.

sweetest thing.. that sounds so bad.. im so sorry. I hope your mom comes out of this ok.

I guess they're waiting to do the nerve graph so that the nerve shrinks or something... I dont know what the fuck they're talking about, but its the best hospital around so I just have to trust them.

I lost it today. They moved him to a room... which he is sharing with some lame guy that laughs funny and seems to have the damn light on all nite. John's 'area' is so fucking small.. there's no room to put any of his stuff, he's not by the window so he cant even look out the window.. and the nurses dont come around much so I was pissed off about all that. Then he woke up a bit and I fed him half a sandwich and he sat completely up, which I dont think he should do and it seemed like he wanted to get out of bed.. I told him he cant get out of bed! :rant: And he said 'ive been walking all day!' and I lost it. I told him NO you havent.. I had to leave the room because I knew I was going to start crying. Just thinking about what if he tries to get out of bed when no one is around, he's going to break his fucking neck. :scream: Then my mom was telling the nurse outside that she wanted to stay with him tonite and she's like..'well I cant really let people stay' and I got pissed off, yelled at her and told her I'd sue their fucking asses if my brother hurts himself. *sigh :sad: wtf is wrong with me. So then I guess my brother was asking my mom and her friend what was wrong with me, so I stayed outside the room until I could collect myself.. then went in to say goodbye and he told me 'dont be upset' God.. great sister I am. :( :banghead:

:( aww, hun...i think he will realize later how worried for him you are and be thankful. this has got to be really hard to deal with, and i think i can safely say that you're doing a better job than many of us would. :hug: i really do hope things start getting better for you and your family..

:hug: Sicy:hug: Its okay be acting like that bc that shows and means ya love your brother. I acted the similar way when my gram was in the hospital but the thing is, she actually tried to get out of bed and one time did and blocked the door bc she didnt want the nurses to come in and get her. Luckily she didnt get hurt and there was a few other times that she tried to get out.

So its okay to be acting like that bc you are goin thro a very very very hard thing right now.

Take care, sweetie! Im praying for you and your brother and your family. I love ya!

:hug:

herer I go again...but I recall....

I was thinking thsi when i last read your post Sicy( I/we really appreciate the updates wwww.getwellsoonjohn com ring, if u know what i mean...we care)
You were surprised that they moved him from the ICU. I was thinking maybe they needed the room. I rememeber another emergency came in when I was in the ICU and they wheeled me out to a public ward in the middle of the night. it really freaked out this old old woman in one of the other beds and when the nurses left she came over peering at me. i pretended I was asleep, but was really scared she would touch my face....a bit harrowing. When she saw me in the daylight...we became friends Charlotte Speed Smith....you tend to make connections in situations like that.

Anyway, you are allowed to feel worried and stressed and to let others see that at times. We all pretend we are superwoman most of the time...but. Just a couple of weeks ago you had no idea you would be dealing with this, you had no time to prepare. You were probably in shock yourself for a while there.
The medical system in Australia is not as secure as it used to be. Less doctors, especially in rural areas like where I am. it takes weeks to get to see a doctor. I've just consulted a new doctor, he seems to like me now...thank heavens, he reminds me of Gandalf, we should get along. he is please with my weight loss....but the smoking...hmmmmmmm.
so what Iam getting at is....SPEAK UP...it is your brother's well being you are interested in. Nurses can be so over-worked, they don't always get it right. My mum has had a series of unpleasant operations. I am too far away, my sister goes with ther now and demands to be in the recovery room, they nearly killed her last time giving her morphine...she reacts badly to it. So it is Ok to ask and comment....as tempting as it is to say "TELL ME YA FUCKERS!!!" I'd try to opt for professinal diplomacy.

Sweetest_thing....you sweet thing, best wishes to you and your mother:hug:

Good news story......a local young aboriginal footballer was injured in a tackle about 9 months ago. He was told he probably wouldn't walk again. They ran an article in the paper about him last week. I felt bad to have forgotten he was STILL in hospital in Brisbane. He said his aboriginal grandfather would travel to Brisbane and rub his feet and speak the lingo over him. I saw him in Grafton just then and welcomed him back. He had the most beautiful home -made bush walking stick, almost a miracle to see him walking on those skinny legs of his.....but a lot of love and determination and a little bit of magic was involved. Lifted my heart anyway.
You're in for the long haul with this Sicy...breathe. eat well. get rest......I wanted to send you a rose quartz heart I saw the other day...crystals are great fer healing imho...but it was too expensive....I'll send my love for today instead
:hug: to the family

you would never guess my mouth the main thing injured...seems to work Ok now eh?I'm outta here:dance:

Great so he was fine last nite then they gave him more sedation now he's loopy again. :banghead:

At least the guy next to him is leaving Saturday so we can move him by the windows and have some shelf space.

We need a sighing smilie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom