The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:

ABEL and daisybean are right. You need to take care of yourself and get away from the hospital and the situation. You can't help John if you're worn out. Eat, breathe air that's not hospital air, refresh yourself so there's something left of you to give. John needs you to be strong, and you can't be strong if you don't take time to regroup and renew. It may be pushing it, but you may need a whole day away from the situation/hospital.

Remember to eat. That's one of the hard parts.

I was just about to say the same thing....don't feel bad or guilty that you need some time to take a break from it all. It's a cliche but laughter is the best medicine....don't be afraid to feel happy about something during this time. I know it sounds really weird, but that is how our family copes with things....now it's not like we have a laugh fest, but we do take the time to make each other smile, otherwise we would go insane.

I am happy he was squeezing your fingers.

I don?t think your brother will give it up. He?s a tough one. I am glad he is stable. Thats something, you know. Little step by little step.

Have a dinner with your love. If you can?t eat much, it doesn?t matter. Try a salad and a piece of bread. Try to get ten hours of sleep tonight, if you can. We will continue to send prayers.

I'm with you all the way Honey!

Hey sweetie,

Dont know if you'll see this before I have chance to tell you but I signed you up for some dances on Thursday night. If you don't want to go Friday at least come thursday and dance a salsa with me. :D

And like I and everyone else has been saying, eat something for lunch and dinner. I don't want your health to suffer. :heart: U baby! See you later! :kiss:

Um, i also would like to say whatever helps you right now is OK - regarding what you said about debating whether to post here or not and not being sure if this was the right place to talk about it.

Different people react differently - some would post, some would talk about it inside the family and not mention it on the internet, some would deal with it alone, some would bury themselves in work, some would confide with a close friend or a spouse...anything goes, really.

:hug: Christine :hug:

Everyone is right sweetie, you need to take care of yourself. If you don't eat or sleep, you'll be no good to John. You have to be strong for him and that means taking care of yourself.

You may feel guilty doing it at first, but getting yourself out of the hospital, taking a deep breath and doing something fun will do wonders.

Your brother is in excellent hands and sedated or not, he knows you are there for him. Please take care of yourself.

p.s. to daafish...thank you for taking good care of our girl :heart:

Bono's American Wife said:

p.s. to daafish...thank you for taking good care of our girl :heart:

:up: You bet! And I like to say thanks to all of you for sending your prayers and thoughts to Christine and her family.

:heart: that girl. Best thing that ever happened to me!

:hug:'s to everyone! :D

daafish said:

:up: You bet! And I like to say thanks to all of you for sending your prayers and thoughts to Christine and her family.

:heart: that girl. Best thing that ever happened to me!

:hug:'s to everyone! :D
Awwwww...that is so sweeeet!!
Sicy...you've got a wonderful man there....that's amazing...I hope you 2 have a looooong and happy future together.:D
You and John and your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.
Glad to hear that he did well after 11 hours of surgery....I can just sense the fighter in John.
And I agree with everyone else about going out and taking in a little "me" time. You must do this. I think that is exactly what John(and your baby daafish) would want for you.
Please keep us all updated, OK?
:hug: Sicy:hug:
Love Autumn

when will it stop hurting so bad

Thanks.. and thanks to my baby.. you've been what I need to keep me from breaking down.

Spent some time with John today. He opened his eyes for a second or so.. kept trying to move.. and squeezed my fingers again. He can hear us. I feel like he really wants to talk to tell us what happened because there is some discrepencies in what his 'friend' says happened and what the police report says but I wont get into that because I'll just get really angry again.

So more surgery friday. His main nerve in his arm was severed so they need to try to do a nerve graph.. which might not work...which means he will never have full use of his arm and hand again.. and then they need to do a bone graph for the bones in his arm as well. I guess they're going to take bone from his pelvis. :sad:

I just need to

:scream: :scream: :scream:

Re: when will it stop hurting so bad

Sicy said:

I just need to

:scream: :scream: :scream:

Keep coming here to :scream: if it helps! You know we all care and will listen and we appreciate the updates on John's condition.

Stay strong, stay calm, there'll be time for the questions to be answered once John is stronger.

Lots of :hug: and prayers still being sent your way!

Hang in there, Sicy. We're all still pulling for your brother and praying for him and your family.

More hugs! :hug: :hug:

update

Well.. they are postponing Johns surgery on his arm for a week, I guess to let him heal more. So today he was more awake I went in to say hello and he opened his eyes all the way and looked at me.. I said 'hey chuckie!' (dumb nickname) and he raised his eyebrows and nodded up as to say 'whats up' :) At that moment I felt soo much better. I was telling him he's probly high as a kite from all the medication and he kinda squinted his eyes and shook his head as to say 'nahhhh'. Such a strong guy. Then his friend came in and he looked at him.. he moved his head around and looked around the room.. he wants to take that damn breathing tube out of his mouth so bad.. I know it. His friend told me that he visited with him earlier and that he made him laugh.. (well sort of.. then he started coughing) so I was very pleased to hear all this. He tried to sit up too. So tomorrow they're taking the breathing tube out! I guess until his next surgery.. so I am hoping to be there when that happens because I'm sure he has a lot to say. AND they took the chest tube out today too so that's good.

Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers.. I honestly believe they helped, and will still help until all his surgeries are finished and he can start getting better. * crosses fingers * one more surgery to go... hopefully.

God bless you and your family. Just know that you have THOUSANDS of friends here that are praying for you and wishing your brother a quick and full recovery.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

With love....

thanks for the update..I've been worried to be honest, can only begin to imagine

:hug: to your mom.It must be so tough watching your baby going through something you can't change.
:hug: to your dad. They have to be strong for everyone.
:hug: very gently to John.

and you Sicy:hug:

Go download Luka Bloom's version of Dancing Queen.
A song 4U
I told my mum about you and daafish, the way you dazzle, like she and dad used to. You know I love the :dance:
So thank you for the good news to take into the weekend.
Best wishes from Aussie Ausbourne:macdevil: aka cass:angel:

i'm so glad to hear this! april is right - your brother is a fighter and he WILL get through this and so will you. it sounds like he is already doing better than expected...

:hug: :hug: 's to sicy and family. i'm still praying for you and your brother, sicy. take care:hug:

For Sicy and her bro:

flower2001a.jpg

Hang in there, it is tough now, be tough - it will be better in the future. I have been through something very similar and am here to listen to anything you want to say.

much love

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Re: I hate them all

Sicy said:
Now they're not taking the breathing tube out yet.

:banghead: :scream: :sad:
[/QUOTE
Yeah....I would be pissed too, Sicy!
What's their reason for not taking it out? Is John not as stable as they thought? I guess they want to make sure he's getting the most oxygen possible.
Thanks for the update....and keep them coming. John does sound like a fighter though......and I'm sure this shitty news with keeping the breathing tube in a little longer will be followed with some good news. Just remember to hold tight and keep strong....I know it's hard....but it sounds like John has made alot of progress throughout the week and that he has remained in good spirits....of which I'm sure is a requirement for speedy healing.
Hoping and praying that your next update will be all that is good.
Sending tons of love your way,
Autumn

:hug: Sicy. I am glad to hear that he was awake, at least that is some improvement.

oh Christine, I'm so sorry about your brother's accident.:(
He sounds like a fighter tho and he got a great sister to help him thru this
hard times.
Take care of your Mom and Dad too, that's their baby in a hospital bed, I can just imagine how hard is for them too.
My oldest brother had a tumor in his head(not in the brain) about 7 years ago,
I remember my mom's suffering, not being able to help his baby.
My siblings and I had to be really strong for her, him, his wife and the kids.
Thanks God his surgery was a success and he's now an engineer, he has some nerve damage but he's still with us.
So be strong, keep praying, we're praying for your brother too and take care of yourself too.

Back
Top Bottom