$40 for U2.com... Worth it??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beatlesboy

War Child
Chicago, IL (In the kingdom of South Suburbia!)
I have to say the only reason I joined U2.com was for the presale, I was one of the Prop members who's info was lost, so I shelled out the full forty.

I'm sure (hoping anyway!) that during the tour there will be plenty of nice little live video clips posted on U2.com, not to mention first views of the HTDAAB videos as they're released.

But what about U2's "off" time? The few years between albums and tours when Bono prances around the world and the rest of the band are doing whatever it is they do when they're not in the spotlight. Could anyone actually see paying $40 a year during that time? The news clips are slightly helpful/interesting during tour time, but there really isn't any big exclusive information there that can't be easily sniffed out by any mediocre U2 fan a hundred other places on the net.

So do you think many people will let their subscription expire and just join again in four years for tix?

Just think of the next presale! :ohmy:

I doubt I'll join again. The exclusive clips and news items end up all of the internet anyway, so I don't think I'd miss out on anything there. As for the tickets, I did get GAs today, but I got nothing in the first pre-sale but a big headache. For the first dates, I got something in the general sale. And what else is there? Acess to the forum, which really, it's no different from any other U2 forum.

I am a former Prop member and I didn't join for the presale. I like having access to all the albums/singles/videos, and I've used my wireless laptop on many occasions to catch a few tunes or videos when I'm at work or on the road or whatever. I don't have an i-pod, and don't like to carry a bunch of CD's with me everywhere I go. And, believe it or not, despite my vast collection of U2 stuff, I had never scene the video for One Tree Hill or Spanish Eyes until I joined U2.com.

Zootopia is mildly interesting...nothing compared to Interference. After the presale and tour hype, I think we'll see a lot more stuff in the way of exclusives...i.e., live performances in video or audio. I agree, the stories, news, and interviews they post end up here or somewhere ASAP.

Guess I'm going to wait and see what unfolds for the rest of the year, but I might join again for 2006.

I just got a GA ticket this morning that I'm not sure I would have gotten otherwise without paying a huge amount of money to a scalper, so I think it is worth it as long as you join up during a year when U2 are touring. However, I have no intention of renewing my membership until the next album/tour because I can read all the "exclusives" right here, I already own all the albums so streaming audio doesn't do me much good, I hate watching videos on the computer (I have almost all of them on VHS or DVD anyway) and Zootopia is crap compared to this place.

No.

If you want tickets, go buy some from a scalper. You'll get fucked up the ass either way, but at least the scalper doesn't pretend otherwise.

I don't think so. If the first presale had gone the way the last one did, most definitely.

Last edited:

Hi!

No......but I didn't join so I saved $40...........kinda like it here anyway.

carol
wizard2c
:|

As a former Prop member, I paid $20 and got 4 GAs out of it. Can't complain.

I wish they'd drop the price now that the pre-sales are over. I took the refund when I didn't get tickets during the first pre-sale, but I would really like access to the videos. I just read that only subscribers will be able to read Willie's tour diary. It was free for Elevation! Greedy bastards. :madspit:

I would pay $20 for access to the site, no problem. But $40 isn't worth it. :mad:

Got 4 GA's out of being a U2.com member and I highly doubt I would've gotten them any other way, all 4 to the shows I wanted to go to. Definitely worth the $40, if you break it down its only 10 bucks extra per ticket.

Aside from that, it isnt worth shit lol, I still havent even gotten my goofy keychain.

If they will give me another shiny black keychain that is heavier than a brick, sure they can have more money. :wink:

I will subscribe. Simple as that. This band is one of my hobbies. As a former Prop member that paid $20 and got a bonus presale, my money went a long way. If I pay the full $40 next year, so be it. If numerical priority is key for the next tour, then I would consider my payments as investment. Not that I have a bad membership number already.

Two "official" fanclub cds have already been released in the past with the old system. Maybe this new system can continue this nice treat. Maybe even upgrade the treats to "official" fanclub ONLY dvds to get with the times and all that. Who knows?

I'm in till the day I die.

bonosleftone said:
Got 4 GA's out of being a U2.com member and I highly doubt I would've gotten them any other way, all 4 to the shows I wanted to go to. Definitely worth the $40, if you break it down its only 10 bucks extra per ticket.

Aside from that, it isnt worth shit lol, I still havent even gotten my goofy keychain.

Hi!

I missed out on a keyring?

:scream:

carol
wizard2c
:|

madonna's child said:
I wish they'd drop the price now that the pre-sales are over.

No the pre-sales are not over. The fourth leg tickets haven't gone on sale as of yet.

I'm a member of U2.com. I will stay a member. I like the videos, and the exclusives. I'm looking forward to Willies diary.

Plus I like being a member of a fan club.

Beli, what I mean is that if you sign up now, you don't get access to pre-sales. You are spending $40 for "exclusives."

madonna's child said:
Beli, what I mean is that if you sign up now, you don't get access to pre-sales. You are spending $40 for "exclusives."

Oh, okay. I agree with that.

Mind you there are people who live in regions of the world where a pre-sale code was useless anyway, who paid the US$40 for the exclusives and the forum. I'm probably one of them. :)

Back
Top Bottom