4/1 Just Met Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drowningman70

Babyface
Today 4/1 I went to the Arrowhead Pond in Anaheim to see if I could get tickets for tonights Concert. After standing for more than 7 hours and getting my tickets. i was strolling along watching the GA crwod and waiting to see of the Band had made its final arrival. Although we have heard music inside we did not know if it was just the engineers otr the band itself. I made to where the enterance to the bottom level is to teh Pond where the band would normally enter. Security was saying that the band was inside and no sense in waiting around. But i still saw limos and stuff and it made me wonder. I was on the phone walking along the secured area when a BLack Suburban passes me and stops to get in to the area to my surprise it was Bono. I was hte first one to aknowledge him.

What an experience!!!! He got out shook my hand. He thanked me for being there.... As he is walking towards the crowd he tells me that he can not stay for long or sign stuff becaue of the commotion that it would create. he once again he grabbed my hand as he is telling me this. Finally he heads towards the crowd, and security pushes me away. So Imoved towards the Suburban and he is finished saying his hellos, he comes back and once again shakes my hand and asks for my name. WOW! what an experience!!! so great and so humble. With my excitement i was only able to take one picture of him getting out of the suburban. And while all of this happens and he drives away, i realized that I was still having a conversation on the phone. and they could not understand why I was screaming and this guy (Bono) was aking for my name.

i uploaded the picture of him getting out of the Suburban in the tour photos.

I was there too!!!! :hyper:

I couldn't get close enough to talk to him but managed to get a few pics...I'm too tired to post more than one tonight.

What a night!!!

343565%3A%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2326%3D8%3A%3A%3D83%3A%3DXROQDF%3E23237%3B8366952ot1lsi

I am the guy between the bald guy and the Security guard.

This took Place around 4:30 PM. 3 hours before the show.

What did you guys think of the (different order of setlist) show today?

That Gal was quite lucky to have danced and prowled the stage tonight!!!!

Last edited:
I thought it was fantastic, it really all fit perfectly tonight. Glad to hear Still Haven't Found also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom