24: Day 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, some people are arguing that Henderson could not have been able to wake up if the medic was actually injecting him with an actual drug. Their theory is that the medic is also a mole that was hired by Henderson to disguise his interrogation and that he was not actually injecting Henderson with anything harmful (how do otherwise explain that he did not speak or die?).

Therefore, whatever Henderson injected Tony with was pretty much harmless and not enough to kill him.

There are also other theories like he did not get 24's famous "silent clock" when someone from CTU dies, liked Edgar did last week.

So... it looks like a twist to me. And I kind of feel that they have already killed way too many people this season... :huh:

See post below from http://forums.fox.com/fox24/messages/?msg=91782.1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen, People, Tony's NOT DEAD!!!

Tony is NOT dead ... in fact I believe the medic is "a" mole (or whatever), and thus when he was supposed to be drugging Henderson, he actually wasn't and that is why Henderson was "NOT talking", plus he could also get away so easily when he did.

You see, here's my "theories" ... (and sorry if my theories "change" from time to time, but tonights episode really enlightened me as to what could be truly going on with season 5)

1. Henderson needed to get Jack out of hidding, for whatever, so he kills off some former CTU people, plus Palmer, too, in order to do this. However Tony "knows" something, so to get it from him, he blasts Michelle, thus causing Tony to be injured (which he knows Tony will then be brought to CTU - and also drawing Jack out of hidding, and of which then Jack will go to CTU as well). So before hand, he enlists the medic as a "mole" to help him on the "inside", of which then he purposely allowed himself to be caught by Jack and also to then be taken into custody to CTU by Jack as well, etc.), and this way Henderson could get to Tony (using the medic and the drugs at CTU to extract this info from Tony). If you may remember, why else would Henderson allow himself to go so "easily" to CTU without a fight (remember he didn't really show any resistance - which is unusual for an "ex"CTU AGENT) - and how else could Henderson withstand the supposed drug torture that he was supposed to be under, if not for bogus drugs by the medic.

... or theory number 2 ..

2. if my above theory is not true, then I have this theory that Henderson has found out that Tony was still alive, but at CTU.

Either way, he enlisted the medic as a "mole".

Then with the help of the mole medic, Henderson was about to finally get to Tony (because now Tony was starting to come out of his coma), but yet Henderson and the medic didn't get to Tony in the way that they ultimately wanted to do so, because they had to wait for the sentox gas to kill off everyone, (including Jack).

REMEMBER, the medic and Henderson were going to be in sealed off rooms, alone with Tony, and as soon as everyone was dead, then the medic and Henderson were going to interogate Tony (remember Henderson was the one who created this sentox gas - and I believe specifically for this purpose, and so forth).

Then when they finally would have gotten to Tony, and then got the information from him, they would have killed him, and then Henderson would have killed the mole, and then he would have used a gas mask or whatever), to make his way out of CTU, and so forth.

But in the meantime all of this was foiled because of how Jack and the gang figured out how to beat the odds.

Of course, when the "action" at CTU was getting too hot for Henderson at the moment, and when Tony knocks out the medic, well Henderson temporarily makes an escape from CTU by stabbing Tony in his gettaway ... (and REMEMBER, he stabbed Tony with "bogus" drugs, and he knew that, ... but he still had to temporarily get away from Tony and Jack for the time being).

Now even though Tony is "unconscious" in Jack's arms for the moment (and Jack thinks that Tony is "dead" or at least dying), yet when Tony suddenly revives from his "initial" shock of being "stabbed", He and Jack figure out that (upon checking the drugs that the medic was using, were bogus), so they then suspect the medic, and subsequently stage Tony's death to "fool" the medic.

The medic (when he comes to), thinks that Tony is dead, and therefore informs Henderson that Tony is "dead", but then Tony is "enlisted" by CTU, to then secretly go after Henderson (for various reasons, and so forth).

The reason why the medic, though, didn't just kill Tony, himself, was because Henderson wanted to interogate Tony, because only He knew what "secrets" needed to be extracted from Tony. But, once again, when Tony was about to kill Henderson, he realized that he better just "kill" (or "attack") Tony, now, and get his break from out of CTU while the getting was good (even if only for the time being), if you know what I mean.

Of course, all the other ramifications or whatever, are still up in the air as to what Tony so desperately wanted to talk to Jack about, earlier (remember), and how so much of this untold information (which Henderson wanted to get from Tony), still has a lot to do with the greater plot, (and I do have my theories on this as well, but won't go into it at this time, other than to say that the whole Russian thing was a "stage", and that the centox gas was not for Russia, but to be used at CTU because remember all of this has brought Jack out of hidding and back to CTU, thus this being a "plot" to KILL Jack ... and I would also like to say, too, that from how I am figuring on how and where all of this "could" ultimately lead to, will be such a bizare plot, that it will leave 24 fans so dumbfounded that they will never comprehend as to how the writers of 24 could have ever pulled off such an incredible series ... believe me, I can hardly wait for this to keep unraveling itself!!!), etc., etc. ..

And so, to briefly summerize ... how else could Henderson not be affected by "true" drugs, unless the drugs were bogus to begin with ... and remember, the medic has been acting suspicously all through the series so far).

What do you think???

Last edited:
:huh: What's with the random use of quotation everywhere? I don't know, those theories seem like a big "stretch."

I'm not entirely convinced Tony's dead, but if he really is, what a low blow to not have a silent clock for him. He was far more important than Edgar ever was :down:

Damn. The episode summary at 7:59pm says Tony's dead too :(

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there have been people that were under interrogation that've faked being in a coma state. Didn't Nina do it at some point in season 3? This whole medic = mole theory seems too outlandish.

There was an article a couple of weeks ago about an on-set prank Carlos Bernard pulled on the actress that plays Mandy. Considering she hasn't come into play yet, maybe Tony does get revived in the next hour :shrug:

Hopefully. Viewers are starting to get rather pissed at the writers for killing all the main characters... and leaving the "less liked" ones such as Kim and Audrey.

Queen Bee said:

I'm not entirely convinced Tony's dead, but if he really is, what a low blow to not have a silent clock for him. He was far more important than Edgar ever was :down:

I agree, but the way Edgar died, and how it was played out, was far more dramatic, and the silent clock was perfect for that.

As for the "theories" posted, well, I don't know. I'm not sure if Tony is gone for good or not, but I wouldn't put much into those theories either way...

Queen Bee said:

There was an article a couple of weeks ago about an on-set prank Carlos Bernard pulled on the actress that plays Mandy. Considering she hasn't come into play yet, maybe Tony does get revived in the next hour :shrug:

I thought that was Mandy who appeared last night. That was someone else?

tony10jz.jpg

tony25mr.jpg

:mad:

:sad:

http://entertainment.myway.com/celebgossip/pgsix/id/03_20_2006_12.html

'LOST' & FOUND
ABC'S hit serial "Lost" seems to be losing steam and viewers are blaming frequent repeats of the complicated castaway drama.
On the flip side, "24," an equally sophisticated thriller, continues to grow in its fifth year.

How come?

It's because "24's" network, Fox, shows the entire season straight through - no reruns ever.

"The results over the past two seasons have been gratifying," says Fox scheduling guru Preston Beckman. "But they've only been gratifying because '24' is phenomenal."

Since Fox began airing "24" - which stars Kiefer Sutherland as an anti-terrorist government agent - with no repeats the audience for the show has grown each year, a rare occurrence with any show that has been on TV for five seasons.

In 2003, the show averaged about 10 million viewers. By 2004, when it began to air straight through it drew roughly 12 million. And this year, it has joined the elite group of TV dramas in the to 10 -averaging more than 14 million viewers per show.

"It was a huge leap of faith," says Beckman. "We hoped the move would result in higher ratings and fortunately we were right. Usually by the fourth season these things are beginning to sag."

"Lost" meanwhile, was drawing a phenomenal 18 million viewers per show last year - its debut season.

But has since dropped to about 12 million this year - and repeats are drawing only about 10 million.

Both show are serials, meaning one show picks up where the last left off.

But watercooler chatter that seems so important to TV shows these days has all but died for "Lost."

"What they are doing makes no sense," wrote one frustrated "Lost" fan on alt.tv.lost, one of the many Internet group sites devoted to discussing "Lost." "They should have done what '24' does every season. No breaks in the episodes just show every episode in order. 'Lost' is not a stand alone series so why treat it like it is!"

The answer, say program execs at both networks, is about the bottom line.

"When you have an asset like 'Lost' you have to make the most of it," an ABC spokeswoman says. "It would be a luxury to schedule it straight through."

The rub is that the TV season is generally 36 weeks long, but in order to keep TV shows turning a profit at studios and networks, only 22 episodes are produced each year. And for ABC - which is slowly rebuilding its schedule with hit dramas like "Gray's Anatomy," "Desperate Housewives" and "Lost" - it would be a turnoff for advertisers if they were told that any of these shows would not be returning until January.

ABC has also tried the programming strategy in the past with series like "NYPD Blue" and "Alias" - without much success."I certainly don't think it's helping them [with viewers]," says Horizon Media's TV analyst Brad Adgate. '

"Both '24' and 'Lost' have very loyal audiences who follow each show week to week. I definitely think there's some frustration when you get constant repeats and premeptions."

Sounds like my last post in the Lost thread...

phanan said:
The scheduling of Lost seems to be much more haphazard this year. Obviously, you are going to get stretches of repeats, but I can't remember another show recently where we had so many new episode-old episode-new episode scheduling...

Perhaps it would be better if they aired Lost like they do with 24. Start it later in the year so you get more consecutive weeks. Runs much more smoothly that way.

What the hell is Desmond from Lost doing on 24? How did he get off the island?

Man, what a great episode tonight. The latter half of the season always shapes up to be the best. The musical score during the Collette Stenger capture was excellent :drool:

I wonder if next season will be Germany vs. Jack Bauer :hmm:

Man oh maaaaaaan and that ending. Audrey's dead meat.

Oh, I missed a couple of minutes in the beginning of the episode. What did Wayne tell Aaron?

Ah, but did she or didn't she? I think the writers of 24 hate women, they love making them soooooooo evvviillll!! Wayne told Aaron he had some info for him and wanted to meet him privately.But of course, the terrorists know everything, CTU should higher their intelligence people. Also, he said I hope their isn't a cougar in the woods when I go running through them later in the show.

Regarding the above article, many of us have been bitching about that for a long time.

I have given up on Prison Break, Lost is next. 24 advertises the next episode with the phrase "non-stop season" of 24. Thank you very much. That's why I hope people stop watching Prison Break and eventually Lost or any show that jerks the viewers around. They lose money when ratings drop, ratings drop when they yank the scheduling around and move shows around. Maybe they will figure this out and stop this recent practice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom