2015 U2 Tour News - delivered to Interference.com first and exclusively

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would really be a cool move for the band to actually have a spot or special prioritizing for U2.com members for once.

I assume the membership numbers are too large for them to do anything like that. (Like Pearl jam selling the GA seats only to 10club members for example)

Plus I don't get the impression that U2.com cares that much about the members outside of their wallets.

GA will always be my favorite. If I find that I'm too old, I will just hang by the soundboard. I've had plenty of good fun back by the soundboard.

True true. :hmm: I really just dont want to do the whole lining up thing all day.. and then not having your spot back if you have to pee.

I assume the membership numbers are too large for them to do anything like that. (Like Pearl jam selling the GA seats only to 10club members for example)

Plus I don't get the impression that U2.com cares that much about the members outside of their wallets.

Very true. Hopefully they'll offer something like the "Red Zone" again. I'm pretty much figuring this will be their last tour, so I'm prepared to spend some money. :D

Very true. Hopefully they'll offer something like the "Red Zone" again. I'm pretty much figuring this will be their last tour, so I'm prepared to spend some money. :D
Red Zone was great, but not sure its feasible in arenas the way it was in stadia.

So, are you coming down here or do I have to go up there?

(For the record, as it stands right now, it's 2-1: Me.)

Well .... right now* my plans are that if I do any traveling for the tour, it may only be the west coast. I've been wanting to do a CA road trip and visit friends/family, and it might work out nicely to combine that with U2 shows.

* I also said I wasn't going to travel much for 360, and look how that turned out.

GA in and of itself isn't really the issue, its the concept of blowing the entire day waiting in line thats problematic.

Yeah, that sucked. I got to the Rose Bowl at 6am and the GA line was HUGE. And it was a miserable hot October day.

There's sure to be plenty in the GA line.

There are plenty of D-bag RUNNING (and ruining) the GA lines.

Yeah, that sucked. I got to the Rose Bowl at 6am and the GA line was HUGE. And it was a miserable hot October day.
Everything about that line was F-ed up. But again, that is what happens when the same dozen line-Nazi's self-appoint themselves as... well... line-Nazi's. I did talk to someone close to the band about what happened. They were mortified.

Legend has it there may be some changes in the GA process - as which to put the line-Nazi's out of work.

GA in and of itself isn't really the issue, its the concept of blowing the entire day waiting in line thats problematic.

:up:

Exactly.

Just not something I have any interest in doing anymore, especially when nobody from U2's camp seems to give two shits about the line until like an hour before they let you in.

Springsteen had a wristband system, where people can show up early and get a wristband,and then return and wait in line later. Then the first number was chosen by random, and everyone from that number back got to go in first.

It was highly stress free, and allowed people to actually enjoy themselves instead of go through some fucked up endurance competition.

The only time I waited all day for a show was in Philly on Vertigo. Got a great outside the circle spot, and the show was great and all, but by the end of the day I couldn't frickin walk, my legs were sunburned, I was physically exhausted and utterly miserable.

But hey, some people are into that :shrug:

There are plenty of D-bag RUNNING (and ruining) the GA lines.

Everything about that line was F-ed up. But again, that is what happens when the same dozen line-Nazi's self-appoint themselves as... well... line-Nazi's. I did talk to someone close to the band about what happened. They were mortified.

Legend has it there may be some changes in the GA process - as which to put the line-Nazi's out of work.

All hell broke loose when they started letting people into the Rose Bowl. My girfriend at the time grabbed my hand and just yelled "RUN!" not because we were trying to cheat our place in line but because a herd of people behind us were just rushing as the line broke down and everyone pretty much lost all sense of order. I remember seeing lawn chairs and trash left behind as people pretty much just wanted to get into the venue and close to the stage as possible.

Wonder when they will announce the new U2.com subscription gift. I'd like to register for the presale codes, but I don't want that book... Buuuuuut if I wait too long, then they won't grandfather me in to the existing first group. Orrrrrr they won't have more than one group at all, or.......... Decisions, decisions....

Wonder when they will announce the new U2.com subscription gift. I'd like to register for the presale codes, but I don't want that book... Buuuuuut if I wait too long, then they won't grandfather me in to the existing first group. Orrrrrr they won't have more than one group at all, or.......... Decisions, decisions....

Thats what I was wondering. Anyone remember what date the North Side book made its debut last year? I hope a new and appealing "gift" shows up in the next few days.

I ended up biting the bullet and purchased a u2.com subscription. A very reliable source told me that I should get it sooner than later.

I ended up biting the bullet and purchased a u2.com subscription. A very reliable source told me that I should get it sooner than later.

I'm leaning that way, too... I wish they could just make the subscription price $30-cheaper and just didn't give me the book. Wouldn't that be a great option? The "Green" subscription, they could call it.

Thats what I was wondering. Anyone remember what date the North Side book made its debut last year? I hope a new and appealing "gift" shows up in the next few days.

Just found the answer...email announcing North Side Story as new subscriber gift went out 11/15/13...cutting it too close I think.

If you go to your u2.com "my account" page, it will tell you the date your subscription expires.

It's not there now, but I remember mine used to have a code next to it, and I was still in the 'C' group, even though I renew every single year on time. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom